Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeletal Dragon kinda weak don't you think?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
i was wondering why is the skeletal dragon weak.
!st it hits like 200-300 each round
2nd its not even to all enemies like snow angel

i would rather have snow angel than skeletal dragon its my opinion
And btw how come death gets only one spell that hits all ememies???

Plz kingsisle create more spells that hits all ememies

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Dude... It's the strongest spell in the game behind leviathan and you want it to do MORE!?

Defender
May 30, 2009
I don't really care for Skeletal Dragon and not because I think it's weak. I'm highly accustomed to attacking and healing with Wraiths/Crows/Vampires to the point where if I use any other death spell I have a little "Ohhhh, I forgot that attack spell doesn't heal me... dang" moment. Skeletal Dragon would be GOLDEN if it had a heal-over-time feature that related to how much damage it was doing, but that's probably never going to happen. Oh well. :)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

Hey Blaze. Snow angel doesn't do nearly as much damage, but you're right, it attacks all (and taunts them though personally I think that part is useless). Skeletal Dragon is AWESOME for attacking a boss, but i wouldn't personally use it on general principal. If you add gargantuan to it (which you can do since its a damage spell and not a steal spell) and buff much at all, it does some amazing damage and is particularly useful for life bosses since they tend to spam death shields.

On the only one spell hitting all enemies front... I think it may be a spirit group thing. Life didn't get an AoE (Area of Effect) spell until the release of Forest Lord (their rank 8 spell) and scarecrow is still the only AoE spell in the game that hurts and heals at the same time. I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog, and frankly, that's not a very powerful spell.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
I honestly don't get why you complain or think Skeleton Dragon is weak. It's probably the best spell out of all the new lvl 58 spells maybe tied with Efreet.

I does crazy high dmg and it's a dot too so it can't be shielded against.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
ya it is a rly good spell. wel i think that because i used it one time against a hard boss and in no time he was dead

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
[I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog

Earthquake. Any pvpers worst nightmare.

-Quinn Dragonwhisper
Level 58 Conjurer

-Benjamin Dragonblade
Legendary Diviner

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
[I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog

-Quinn Dragonwhisper
Level 58 Conjurer

-Benjamin Dragonblade
Legendary Diviner

Yeah, you're right. I remembered right after I clicked submit. :) Still, from a damage perspective, not much. Quake is more of a strategic advantage.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
At first I thought Skeletal Dragon was going to be weak but use Death blade and Spirit blade along with legendary/grand gear and the dot hits for 1000 per round. I can't post my damage % right now, but mostly legendary/level 58 gear except for robe.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog

-Quinn Dragonwhisper
Level 58 Conjurer

-Benjamin Dragonblade
Legendary Diviner

Yeah, you're right. I remembered right after I clicked submit. :) Still, from a damage perspective, not much. Quake is more of a strategic advantage.

True, Its a bit weak. I usually use Frog anyways since there isn't much of a damage bonus compared to the pip use. And you can get Frog to hit quite a bit with traps and blades, its very useful in the early game.

Also, I'm level 56 not 58 sorry if I made anyone think I wrongly had Medusa.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the strongest spell in the whole game is a genie

Hero
May 02, 2009
On Wizard101 central, one of the kingsisle answers posts explains why skeletal dragon was designed this way (a very decent explanation, I might add.)

I'd post a summary of it, but i dont think that's allowed; still though, I recommend you read that post and you'll have your answer why after that.

Hope I helped some.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
dream2dust wrote:
I don't really care for Skeletal Dragon and not because I think it's weak. I'm highly accustomed to attacking and healing with Wraiths/Crows/Vampires to the point where if I use any other death spell I have a little "Ohhhh, I forgot that attack spell doesn't heal me... dang" moment. Skeletal Dragon would be GOLDEN if it had a heal-over-time feature that related to how much damage it was doing, but that's probably never going to happen. Oh well. :)
i agree if it healed over time like skeletal dragon does damage over time, that would be classic but it kinda mimics fire's link move a little dont ya think? and another thing, i am working on a myth wizard and every time i go to cyrus for a new spell, all i get is some cruddy minion :( i could imagine a few like that, but noooooooo it has to have so many minions that ki apparently coudnt think of any other myth like spells! like the troll minion comes from the troll card, cyclops cyclops attack and minotaur minotaur! of course this has to happen!

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
hmm

I think it is fine as it is, but if it is changed for whatever reason it could be 750 and half is health (375) which is a fair card.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I think you guys are right. Maybe i just need to get to lvl 58-60 and add more buffs to get it more stronger thx.

Blaze D.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Well thats why people need to put a lot of traps on people. We got feint,curse,deathblade, spiritblade and death trap.. Well spirit blade if you choose to. I learned to put a lot of traps that way it causes a lot of damage. Also it's pretty unfair. Fire Dragons hit all enemies and Skeletal Dragons not!!! We barely get any damage for crying out loud! Scarecrow is weaker that Wraith so we need higher damage spells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem, Level 51 Necromancer!!!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
nilrem100 wrote:
Well thats why people need to put a lot of traps on people. We got feint,curse,deathblade, spiritblade and death trap.. Well spirit blade if you choose to. I learned to put a lot of traps that way it causes a lot of damage. Also it's pretty unfair. Fire Dragons hit all enemies and Skeletal Dragons not!!! We barely get any damage for crying out loud! Scarecrow is weaker that Wraith so we need higher damage spells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem, Level 51 Necromancer!!!

Hey nilrem100. Scarecrow is less damage than wraith because it hits all enemies. All enemies spells are always weaker than single hitter equivalents. Skeletal Dragon does way more damage than Efreet, and almost as much damage as leviathan. Since storm and fire are supposed to be the two biggest hitting classes in the game, that should make you feel at least a little better on the fairness scale.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

It pwns me in pvp. idk what your talking about.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

it is NOT weak it's WAY overpowered does more then fire

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
idk how it goes but if it is stronger than crow and wriath THANK YOU!
but if it's not this is how i would prepher:
1000 damage to all enemise and swap half back as well as giving a 4 round pioson and a infection to all enemyse

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
mat567010 wrote:
idk how it goes but if it is stronger than crow and wriath THANK YOU!
but if it's not this is how i would prepher:
1000 damage to all enemise and swap half back as well as giving a 4 round pioson and a infection to all enemyse

Ok, so... that would make it the absolute undisputed most powerful spell in the game. Period. Nothing else would come even remotely close.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
Wow, Skeletal Dragon is very good!
I do prefer Ra as I am a Sorcerer.
But you are right that death should have more spells that hit all people.
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You want to whine about Skeletal Dragon being weak? Just look at almost all of myth's spells overall.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I'm starting to dislike Skeletal Dragon, and for other reasons.

Its not weak, its that I can't get any health back. Its four yellow pips, not a lot else is going on before or after casting it.

So I tried putting Sacrifice back in the deck. And can you guess? Can you? A Necromancer can. I did a critical on my self. Oh boy! Nothing like using up two yellow pips and getting a small increase in health 700- (2*250)), not factoring in boosts and shields. Ok, so I need to put in Death Shield too. Good lord, that's a lot of cards to get working. Then do I have to remove any item that is a Critical Hit? Get rid of those Celestia wands I dumped some 40,000 so I also had some wands that are not Death (I bought Myth and Balance). I trained up to Sprite in Life, should I put those back in? Put back in Fairy or Pixie or whatever its called? That's a guaranteed 400 + incoming, unless I get that rotten Myth Life/Death dispel.

I still the old school way: cast Poison, then while waiting for it to unfold, add on Death Blade/Element Blade/Fortify during the build up, then Wraith or Scarecrow. Maybe toss in a few Death Traps or Curses if I got them. Maybe I would be better to just train up to Gargantuan and pack more Poison. Poison is also a great closer if the last hit did not quite kill the monster.

The best part of Wraith and Scarecrow is being able to walk away from many battles with full health. Stinky part is only 500/400 base damage.