Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Find the Ruined Skull!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Survivor
May 24, 2008
Not sure which quest you are on, but as you progress you will find that you sometimes have to kill four, five or even six enemies before the object you are seeking pops into your inventory. This is especially true in the other worlds (Marleybone leaps to mind). The most I ever had to do was 10 - it was cats in Marleybone, to get an umbrella. Sigh.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
it is more random than anything sometimes it takes forever to get it and other times you get it in first fight but what helps if you have afriend that can join you cause youget more monster to join just lake sure to only have the monsters you need join.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
On different characters, I've gotten the skull from both Haunted Minions and Rotting Fodders. I've never tried with the skeletons. One piece of advice that I have is that if you are always fighting with someone, try fighting a couple of monsters completely alone. I have two accounts so I am always either with another of my own characters or with a family members' character. Several times when I haven't been able to get a certain quest drop from a monster, I've asked the family member to step aside and I usually get the item on the very next monster I've fought. Could be coincidence, but happens too often to *just* be coincidence IMO.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
A tidbit: despite it says any undead, I have only had success of it dropping from a ghoul, it doesn't seem to drop from the rotting fodder, or skeletal warriors (I need the armor pieces at the same time for another guy).

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
Peri wrote:
This is especially true in the other worlds (Marleybone leaps to mind). The most I ever had to do was 10 - it was cats in Marleybone, to get an umbrella. Sigh.

i hate that quest. i've been killing cats over and over and i still didnt get the umbrella. and the quest didnt give me a chance to deny it either, so i'm still stuck. i must have killed at least 20-25 cats already, and it still isnt working. lol

Administrator
When you defeat the cats, do you get a message that you failed to obtain the item?

We've added new functionality to quests such as this to alert you to the fact that you did or did not receive the required item.

Please let me know if you're seeing the message or not.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
LordPharaoh wrote:
Is there a certain monster, or is it just based on luck?
It is just LUCK. Sometimes you get what what you want on the first try and sometimes it takes a long time to get it.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
i got the item from a skeletal warrior onhe first try

you have to know which enamy to fight

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Like some one else said, it's more random than anything. I've had times where I've gotten on the first try, and other times I've had to fight ANY monster in the dark cave over and over, again and again.

I'm guessing you are talking about the Runed Skull, not ruined, in which case its the former, than just exclude my comment. Good luck hunting for it.