Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Death Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Can you please change this to attack all enemies?

The fire dragon is all enemies why not death dragon? :)

every school has multiple spells that attack all enemies (life has 1 damage and 2 heals) however death only gets one spell that attacks all enemies and it only does a base damage of 400. That spell is not strong enough to be over-balancing if it is changed to attack all enemies.
Thanks.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
...cuz Fire is Fire and Death is Death?

If your concerned about your AOE spell, why don't you get some stronger equipment?

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
yea i agree i want skeletal dragon to be like that too and give more attack to scare crow

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

If your concerned about your AOE spell, why don't you get some stronger equipment?

Boy did you pick on the wrong wizard. I know my class like the back of my hand. My attack gear at lvl 58 is :
Power Pips : 101%
Death Attack: +38%
Critical Rating: 133

Fact bone dragon is useless the way it is. Ask around, any verteran death mage will tell you the same. Like poison it will set in my deck and will not be used except in pvp then and only then used to break multiple shields. In PVE it is a complete waste 8 pips to damage 1 mob 200 + 810 Death Damage over 3 rounds is a complete waste. And to break shields you simply load up on your dispell death cards and keep them on said life mob. They are 2 pips and use no blades or traps thus not wasting your time.

2 reasons I asked for the change. That spell looks awesome, one of the best looking in the game in my opinion. The other reason, as I stated in my first post, is a balancing issue. Death has one AOE spell, ONE ! Shall we compare?

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Life 3 AOE Spells (2 are heals):
Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

Now of the level 58 spells
Storm- Perfect, great balance of damage and defense. Removes 2 blades.

Fire - Perfect, a much needed defensive spell -90% to next incoming attack + great damage.

Ice- Perfect damage to all enemies + taunt to all enemies. great because of their huge health and resist to all spells

Balance - Great moderate improvement on a damage all spell.

Myth - Could not be better, a much needed single shot attack that has very high damage. Stun is a very nice bonus.

Life - A much needed attack all enemies spell, the animation could use some tweaking, everytime he rams them with his head he is right on top of them.

Death - Hold your breath and hope your group does not laugh to loudly at the earth shaking awesomness of your 200 damage but dont worry to much that mob might die after the 810 Death Damage over 3 rounds

I'm not asking for an unbalancing change. I'm not asking that our spell do the full 1080 in one shot, or that the damage be changed to some other unreal amount, I am only asking that it be changed to an attack all enemies to help balance things a little, and perhaps give me some use out of this great looking animation.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Uh...I'm not picking on you. I was just saying that all the schools are different. Death only has one AOE...and? Most of the AOEs you cited aren't very powerful anyway. Sandstorm? Blizzard? Really? Then there's Life's 2 AOE healing spells; to me they don't count because they're special case healing spells and no other school has AOE healing spells.

The Fire school has an AOEDOT spell; that doesn't mean that the Death school should have one too. They're both dragons; shouldn't they be different? Plus, considering the fact that Skeletal Dragon deals 1010+ in total (which is more than Efreet's damage), I don't see what you're complaining about. Sorry.

On a different note, this annoyed me: "Death- Hold your breath and hope your group does not laugh too loudly at the earth shaking awesomness of your 200 damage but dont worry to much that mob might die after the 810 Death Damage over 3 rounds." This is obviously exaggerated beyond comprehension. What person would laugh at you for casting Skeletal Dragon? That makes no sense.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Boy did you pick on the wrong wizard. I know my class like the back of my hand. My attack gear at lvl 58 is :

Fact bone dragon is useless the way it is. Ask around, any verteran death mage will tell you the same. Like poison it will set in my deck and will not be used except in pvp then and only then used to break multiple shields. In PVE it is a complete waste 8 pips to damage 1 mob 200 + 810 Death Damage over 3 rounds is a complete waste. And to break shields you simply load up on your dispell death cards and keep them on said life mob. They are 2 pips and use no blades or traps thus not wasting your time.

2 reasons I asked for the change. That spell looks awesome, one of the best looking in the game in my opinion. The other reason, as I stated in my first post, is a balancing issue. Death has one AOE spell, ONE ! Shall we compare?

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

Fire - Perfect, a much needed defensive spell -90% to next incoming attack + great damage.

Ice- Perfect damage to all enemies + taunt to all enemies. great because of their huge health and resist to all spells

Myth - Could not be better, a much needed single shot attack that has very high damage. Stun is a very nice bonus.

Life - A much needed attack all enemies spell, the animation could use some tweaking, everytime he rams them with his head he is right on top of them.

Death - Hold your breath and hope your group does not laugh to loudly at the earth shaking awesomness of your 200 damage but dont worry to much that mob might die after the 810 Death Damage over 3 rounds

I'm not asking for an unbalancing change. I'm not asking that our spell do the full 1080 in one shot, or that the damage be changed to some other unreal amount, I am only asking that it be changed to an attack all enemies to help balance things a little, and perhaps give me some use out of this great looking animation.

So you like get power pips every round? Cuz you said you have 101% of power pip chance

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Uh...I'm not picking on you. I was just saying that all the schools are different. Death only has one AOE...and? Most of the AOEs you cited aren't very powerful anyway. Sandstorm? Blizzard? Really? Then there's Life's 2 AOE healing spells; to me they don't count because they're special case healing spells and no other school has AOE healing spells.

1st you citied the strength of spels like sandstorm and blizzard? really? well shouldnt a level 48 spell do more damage that a level 16? more than a level 22? wow i should definately hope so. again i'm talking balancing it just a a little, i'm not asking to change to much, just one spell. 2nd why wouldn't you count the aoe heals? they can greatly effect to outcome of any battle. When I play my 58 life i completely understand that my main role in a group is support. Therefore I count the aoe heals.
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

The Fire school has an AOEDOT spell; that doesn't mean that the Death school should have one too. They're both dragons; shouldn't they be different? Plus, considering the fact that Skeletal Dragon deals 1010+ in total (which is more than Efreet's damage), I don't see what you're complaining about. Sorry.

Fine can we then change it to a single shot? doesn't have to be the full 1010. the dot to one mob for 8 pips is useless outside of pvp. I just suggested an aoe to give us a SECOND option. Oh well guess i will stick to my 500 damage spells, thats right 500, compare that to your efreet's 895?

...and to respond to your 3rd paragraph.... wow glad you caught that sarcasm.

To the other poster, yes I get power pips every round, I sacrificed health mana and defenses for my offensive boosts. Just how I choose to set up my equiptment. I actually had it as high as 107% but changed a few items for a little more health.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
cprocks988 wrote:

So you like get power pips every round? Cuz you said you have 101% of power pip chance

Yep. By the end of Celestia, you might have 101% Pip chance depending on what clothes you're wearing.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Booboobearpickle wrote:
Can you please change this to attack all enemies?

The fire dragon is all enemies why not death dragon? :)

every school has multiple spells that attack all enemies (life has 1 damage and 2 heals) however death only gets one spell that attacks all enemies and it only does a base damage of 400. That spell is not strong enough to be over-balancing if it is changed to attack all enemies.
Thanks.

because the rest besides ra and forest lord arent. and the reason life and balance get a multi hit is because
life doesnt have one
and balance's doesnt have a special effect

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

I seen death with +40% something death attack and many of my death friends use this spell they blade up put gargantuans and use dragon on a single foe, they add traps as it eats at their health making for a massive chunks of damage.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

Trust me.. I will trade ra for skeletal dragon anyday.....

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I am fire. our multiple spells are not all that great. I really feel they could have done a bit better on our level 48 spell. As for fire? Fire is mediocre at best. The best I have been told is storm and Ice. I like a challenge however and I am quite content with my fire wizard. Btw I feel Death is pretty rock on. I hear that it is really the best class to be in , in celestia.

Defender
May 17, 2009
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

Do you know how many of us storms are begging for an over time spell? Lets compare.

Fire: Fire elf, dragon, scald, heckhound,
Ice: Frostbite, snow angel
Myth: None, but the 2 hit spells are better than over time spells, so I suppose minotaur and orthrus
Life: Regenerate
Balance: None, but the 3 hit spell is better than over time spells so I suppose hydra
Death: Posion, skeletal dragon
Storm: ... (crickets chirp, someone yawns, snores are heard)

And while bolt was nerfed, we storms desperately need one. So just because you have only one AOE, be happy you have 2 DOTs.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

If your initial hit is only doing 200 damage, you're doing it wrong. I am a veteran necromancer and I love Skeletal Dragon. First off, every heard of Gargantuan? Get it, it'll help quite a bit. Second, if you use a Death Blade and Spirit Blade the initial hit will be somewhere around 600 with 900 each round. It could do even more what with your critical rate. My armor gives me 101% power pips, +53% death damage, around 35% myth resist, around 44% life resist, 8% death resist (Wrath pet with the resist ability), 60 critical rating to all, 30 block rating to all, and around 3000 health. So I can start a battle, enchant the dragon with Gargantuan and put on a Death Blade 1st turn, put on Spirit Blade 2nd turn, put on Death trap 3rd turn, then use Skeletal Dragon 4th turn for about 1000 initial hit and 1000 for the 3 turns without any negatives. Add on a critical and more traps and you've got a massive amount of damage. It is extremely helpful for those life and ice bosses that constantly shield. Yes, I would like another AoE attack spell, but we can just wait for the next levels.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
PyramidRune wrote:
Booboobearpickle wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire 3 AOE Spells:
Meteor Strike
Scald
Fire Dragon

Storm 2 AOE Spells:
Tempest
Storm Lord

Ice 3 AOE Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Giant
Snow Angel

Balance 3 AOE Spells:
Sand Storm
Power Nova
Ra

Myth 2 AOE Spells:
Humungofrog
Earthquake

Unicorn
Rebirth
Forest Lord

Death 1 AOE Spell:
Scarecrow

If your initial hit is only doing 200 damage, you're doing it wrong. I am a veteran necromancer and I love Skeletal Dragon. First off, every heard of Gargantuan? Get it, it'll help quite a bit. Second, if you use a Death Blade and Spirit Blade the initial hit will be somewhere around 600 with 900 each round. It could do even more what with your critical rate. My armor gives me 101% power pips, +53% death damage, around 35% myth resist, around 44% life resist, 8% death resist (Wrath pet with the resist ability), 60 critical rating to all, 30 block rating to all, and around 3000 health. So I can start a battle, enchant the dragon with Gargantuan and put on a Death Blade 1st turn, put on Spirit Blade 2nd turn, put on Death trap 3rd turn, then use Skeletal Dragon 4th turn for about 1000 initial hit and 1000 for the 3 turns without any negatives. Add on a critical and more traps and you've got a massive amount of damage. It is extremely helpful for those life and ice bosses that constantly shield. Yes, I would like another AoE attack spell, but we can just wait for the next levels.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

true it is usefull to get rid of the shield, but i have noticed that traps also mess with the three damages after the initial one, example, i was fighting in a pvp arean, balance put up a spirit shield on a life, i had a blade, he had no resist, the first attack hit for about 220, less then what i hit with my clothes only, i have about 50% attack increase, then the next turn comes around, i do somehwere above 400 with dot, what i should have done with clothes ONLY, the blade was completely ignored thanks to the shield, as for the idea of skeletal becoming attack all enemies, i thought it was a good idea first, but then after i got it and used it for a while, i REALLY liked it, even if it was single mob only