Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epidemic Fizzlitis! O.O

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
ok, yesterday my grand life friend and I were battling a boss, this happened
round 1: boss casts fire trap on me, minion cast mythblade on itself, I try to cast lightning bats but it fizzles, my friend passes.
Round 2: the boss casts heckhoud on me, minion fizzles, I try to cast storm shark but it fizzles. my friend trys to cast Leprechaun but it fizzles
Round 3: The boss passes, the minion passes, I try to cast Kracken but it fizzles, my friend passes
Round 4: The boss does its natural attack on me, the minion casts troll on my friend, I cast storm blade on myself, my ice friend ports in to help, my life friend trys to cast spirit armour on me but fizzles. we start to freak out a bit
round 5: The boss passes, the minion casts myth trap on me, I try to cast tempest but it fizzles, my life friend trys to cast seraph but it fizzles, my Ice friend try to cast balefrost but it fizzles.

it went on like this, my friends and I fizzling, the monsters attacking, for a long time u ntil the final round

Final round: the boss fizzles, I have a panic attack, the minion casts humongofrog AND WE ALL DIE!

this was me: :(

why did this happen? what's going on?!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
woopsadaisy10 wrote:
round 1: boss casts fire trap on me, minion cast mythblade on itself, I try to cast lightning bats but it fizzles, my friend passes.
Round 2: the boss casts heckhoud on me, minion fizzles, I try to cast storm shark but it fizzles. my friend trys to cast Leprechaun but it fizzles
Round 3: The boss passes, the minion passes, I try to cast Kracken but it fizzles, my friend passes
Round 4: The boss does its natural attack on me, the minion casts troll on my friend, I cast storm blade on myself, my ice friend ports in to help, my life friend trys to cast spirit armour on me but fizzles. we start to freak out a bit
round 5: The boss passes, the minion casts myth trap on me, I try to cast tempest but it fizzles, my life friend trys to cast seraph but it fizzles, my Ice friend try to cast balefrost but it fizzles.

it went on like this, my friends and I fizzling, the monsters attacking, for a long time u ntil the final round

Final round: the boss fizzles, I have a panic attack, the minion casts humongofrog AND WE ALL DIE!

that problem you and friends had is a rare happening and there is already a name for this its called fizzle flu get it? the spirit armor fizzled its a 100% work spell and it FIZZLES! you experienced fizzle flu

hunter legendwraith level56 necromancer

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
woopsadaisy10 wrote:

wow

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
A way to decrease your odds of fizzling would be to use the new sun school spells, such as keen eyes and accurate.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
haha that story was very sad but entertaining.the problem probably was some of the spells you were cating.storm spells seem to fizzle alot as i have tested 10 cards and only 3 cards actually hit.ice spells tend to fizzle often but it really dosnt happen all the time.now spirit armor i have that spell but it never fizzles.Leprechaun as a level 28 life wizard i've had experince with it but no it fizzles maybe once or twce every day.seraph ive never had fizzle im afraid...that one must havve been bad luck bro.but the boss fizzled like once if im correct....that may be a bug i dunno but all i know is that some of that was just VERY BAD LUCK.sorry about all your fizzles bro

P.S. I've heard some clothes can reduse fizzle rate

Delver
Sep 18, 2009