Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astraeus the star boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Listen please, astraeus (1st of the 3 final bosses) is harder than any other boss in this game as you can see. So my question is, "Why make the 1st if the last 3 bosses in celestia really irritating or hard?"

Community Leader
I agree, he is harder than the other 2. I pack alot of ice melt spell. when fighting him. Could be harder due to drops he gives?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
You get use to the hard and then as it gets easier it makes people smile more.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008
Hi, in my opinion Astraeus is a great but sometimes annoying challenge. I had to battle him a lot of times to get my life robe. The trick is to kill his minions and then get rid of his tower shield. Once this is done you can attack him without the risk of tower shield. The tower shield will reappear when his minions return though.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
master101902 wrote:
Listen please, astraeus (1st of the 3 final bosses) is harder than any other boss in this game as you can see. So my question is, "Why make the 1st if the last 3 bosses in celestia really irritating or hard?"

No he isn't. Hexfin (for example) is much, much harder. Just kill his "friends" right away before you start working on him. He isn't that hard.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
It's meant to be a challange for players that make speed runs through the worlds although I will admit Astraeus is extreamly unpredictable. Each time I battle him he might summon all four minions first round, might summon only three of them at first then the other one later and thats it, he might summon them first round and then they never return. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do anymore. Last time taking out the minions took me FOREVER with my friends. Just that battle took one hour. The minions shouldn't come out so often or at least one at a time.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Actually, I've had to fight harder bosses, but I guess it depends on your school and fighting style. Several bosses in the game cheat, especially in Celestia. Astraeus will not let you trap or feint him and I think he throws on a tower shield if you throw a blade spell. Star school spells will not have any negative reaction from him though. Can't remember now if he's one that reacts to global damage spells or not.

I would say the best method to deal with that particular battle is to go in with a group and everyone build up pips so that you can attack and kill all four of them at once. Although, with a strong group, if you can keep killing the three minions (who will reform) and stretch out the fight, you will wind up getting a lot more loot. I've gone in with a group several times and we've gotten 15 loot items from that battle.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
master101902 wrote:

I think its because if you can beat him they decided to give you a break on the others and didn't make them as hard but if you cant beat him you won't see the others at all but thats just my opinion

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
Astraeus in the stellarium, HE CHEATS! I've learned when fighting him. If you attack lets say storm, he gets myth blade, then strong myth attack. AKA, HE IS A CHEATER! Thats all, bye. Plz tell me if this is wrong boss :(

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer (Level 51)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
You get use to the hard and then as it gets easier it makes people smile more.
I guess that'll help, but ya he is getting a little bit better :P.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
arkansas99 wrote:
master101902 wrote:

I think its because if you can beat him they decided to give you a break on the others and didn't make them as hard but if you cant beat him you won't see the others at all but thats just my opinion
I'll agree on you for the reply, thanks .

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Yea you are wrong its the boss in stellarium your talking about, when you attack with a decent spell he blades with the opposite school and does a strong attack

Myth=Storm
Storm=Myth
Fire=Ice
Ice=Fire
Death=Life
Life=Death

Balance has no opposite at the moment but i think he resists

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Dizzywood55 wrote:
Astraeus in the stellarium, HE CHEATS! I've learned when fighting him. If you attack lets say storm, he gets myth blade, then strong myth attack. AKA, HE IS A CHEATER! Thats all, bye. Plz tell me if this is wrong boss :(

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer (Level 51)
wrong boss

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
No idea why people think he's hard. Sure if you have no idea what he does the first time you are there, but that's what the internet is for plus it's rather easy to figure outeven if you don't read up on it.

I duo him with GF constantly now and takes about 10 min or so to beat.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I had to battle him a lot of times to get my life robe.

How do you know he gives the life robe? Where did you get the information?
Tell me plz