Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Solution to Celestian 'noob' problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
First off, let me say that I have seen living proof of low-level wizards who can handle themselves very well - In fact almost all Wizards I've seen with the ability to use Normal Chat know basic strategy and know not to mess with shields and wards.
...But if this is a game for ages '6 to 106', and it definitely is, chances are you will have on your hands a young newbie who has no idea what they are doing - and what is more, you are unable to communicate with him or her normally. This can be a burden to 'pros' who now have to fight more monsters because a silent weakling teleported to them or joined their battle out of the blue. This is, to me, the only real argument I've heard from Grandmasters. Every other reason to me is just plain Hubris.

As far as a Level Requirement or some other ban on newbies in Celestia goes, however, I would still support such a thing. Reason being, is there is another way for Newbies to visit Celestia without all the hassle and deceit.

I am sure many of you are familiar with the 'Baldur Goldpaws' quest? It's basically a quick introduction to Grizzleheim for newer players. I believe the same thing could be done for Celestia.

Such a quest could give new players access to the main hub of Celestia, with its shops and schools, but restricting their access to battle areas. (Much like how the 'Huskarls' do this in Grizzleheim). In this way, the curiosities of many (myself included) could be sated, while the battles could be handled by those equipped to deal with them.

Anyone else support this thought-out and peaceful solution to the ongoing problem?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Luvas wrote:
First off, let me say that I have seen living proof of low-level wizards who can handle themselves very well - In fact almost all Wizards I've seen with the ability to use Normal Chat know basic strategy and know not to mess with shields and wards.
...But if this is a game for ages '6 to 106', and it definitely is, chances are you will have on your hands a young newbie who has no idea what they are doing - and what is more, you are unable to communicate with him or her normally. This can be a burden to 'pros' who now have to fight more monsters because a silent weakling teleported to them or joined their battle out of the blue. This is, to me, the only real argument I've heard from Grandmasters. Every other reason to me is just plain Hubris.

As far as a Level Requirement or some other ban on newbies in Celestia goes, however, I would still support such a thing. Reason being, is there is another way for Newbies to visit Celestia without all the hassle and deceit.

I am sure many of you are familiar with the 'Baldur Goldpaws' quest? It's basically a quick introduction to Grizzleheim for newer players. I believe the same thing could be done for Celestia.

Such a quest could give new players access to the main hub of Celestia, with its shops and schools, but restricting their access to battle areas. (Much like how the 'Huskarls' do this in Grizzleheim). In this way, the curiosities of many (myself included) could be sated, while the battles could be handled by those equipped to deal with them.

Anyone else support this thought-out and peaceful solution to the ongoing problem?

YES! i totally agree

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Defender
May 31, 2010
Didnt everyone already get an introduction to Celestia with the crab alley quest ?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:
Didnt everyone already get an introduction to Celestia with the crab alley quest ?

No idea...I never did that quest. Or the Selena Gomez one for that matter.

But I assume that quest is later on in the game. I'm thinking perhaps this kind of 'Introduction to Celestia' quest could be unlocked when a player reaches level 10 or 15. Or beats the first world, Wizard City.

...Actually, I don't see why there is an 'Introduction to Grizzleheim' quest to begin with. The level requirement for that world is only 20, which doesn't take *too* long to obtain. Perhaps KI could get rid of Baldur Goldpaws and that quest altogether and replace it with this proposed quest. For instance, when you reach level 5 (Or whatever requirements you need for the Baldur quest, you get this one instead)