Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandmaster Artisan

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I just finished crafting the seal of seven seas, waited almost two days, and now my amulet is gone. Its not in my bank or backpack! i was looking forward to finally displaying it, and its no longer there.

And NO I did not sell!!!! It took me days to buy all that stone block, ore and other ingredients. Can anyone help? Please....

Hero
May 27, 2009
Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I don't understand. I assumed that once you craft the amulet it is yours to keep. What's the point of crafting the amulet and spending all that gold and you don't get keep it.

Hero
May 27, 2009
How could you get to Master Artisan without knowing that all crafting quest-givers take the items you crafted from your backpack when you turn in the quest. You NEVER get to keep the item.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
How could you get to Master Artisan without knowing that all crafting quest-givers take the items you crafted from your backpack when you turn in the quest. You NEVER get to keep the item.

That is certainly not true. I have been able to keep items from the quests if they are not in my backpack. Care for a set of Crimson Bookshelves? It may not be the case for all of the craft quests, but certainly some you can keep if they are not in your pack.

But, to the original poster's point. It certainly is sad that you collect 1000 stone block to make the sandstone and sunstone required for the GM artisan badge and not get to keep the amulet.

Crafting is definitely broken. Suppose you would like to craft surging spirit armor once you have GM status? Surprise! That craft requires 5 more sunstone (750 stone blocks to craft them). This is truly ridiculous.

Defender
May 31, 2010
aly1243 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

That is certainly not true. I have been able to keep items from the quests if they are not in my backpack. Care for a set of Crimson Bookshelves? It may not be the case for all of the craft quests, but certainly some you can keep if they are not in your pack.

But, to the original poster's point. It certainly is sad that you collect 1000 stone block to make the sandstone and sunstone required for the GM artisan badge and not get to keep the amulet.

Crafting is definitely broken. Suppose you would like to craft surging spirit armor once you have GM status? Surprise! That craft requires 5 more sunstone (750 stone blocks to craft them). This is truly ridiculous.

If you were able to keep those crafted items and still get credit for completing the quest , they you stumbled upon a very lucky bug , because that is certainly not how it is intended to work. Everything I have crafted for quest were always handed over.

Yeah the stone blocks have been a pain, but still workable , as long as everyone will please stop posting my best reagent farming spots. ;) I am about 200 more stone blocks short now of crafting the new deck. and all the gear has been crafted.
The thing is , Some wizards will put that badge to use , as others will only sit on it. The time spent hunting reagents is enjoyable for me , nothing is better than finding a golden pearl in a chest. I love crafting as much as I can, as I get very unique items for my home. I was so happy to see that KI gave the crafters out there a bonus training point for all of there hard work , now everyone wants to earn those badges making reagent hunting a bit more time consuming. For everone that complains , please just avoid the quest , if your complaining about just earning the badge , then most likely you wont be hunting any more reagents for the fun of crafting. Let those that truly enjoy crafting , have the reagents.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I have to agree with aly...i have crafted in the past and got to keep some of the items, not always that is true, maybe it was a glitch or something...but it would have been nice to have been able to keep the amulet, since we worked so hard to craft it.