Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Just for the record, it's just as unfair to us GMs to say that we are all mean to the newer players as it is for us GMs to complain about the "noobs".
I try not to be mean to "noobs". I help them if they ask. I friend them if I like their attitude, and I unfriend them if I start feeling used. I have several GMs and a couple Legendaries who have the same mindset as I do. I do abject, however, to "noobs" friending us and then using us to level up, when we had nobody to do that for us...the only exception I have to that personally is when a friend asked me for help in Krokotopia and I went and l leveled up faster than I should have. Which I paid for in Dragonspyre and got my character stuck. Let me tell you, that was a nightmare. She's still stuck.
I just wish people could show respect for each other here. I have no objection to "noobs" sightseeing. I think a simple quest like we get for Grizzleheim might solve that problem, as another person posted earlier. If you are a "noob" (which I think the better description of a noob would be more like a pesky kid sibling that's underfoot) try to respect the more advanced players. Ask before you port, and ask before you jump into a battle, and stay if you do port into a battle. If you can't use these simple guidelines, at least apologize to the GM that you're causing problems for!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Yesterday my friend and I were in a battle in Celestia. A VERY low level person on my friend list ported to me joining my fight and brought in another enemy. Then an even lower level player ported into him! Neither of them could chat so they didn't see me telling them to stop using puny spells and wasting our feints, curses and power-ups. Luckily we did not die, but we barley survived. This is the only complaint I have about lower levels being able to get to Celestia. Please people, if you don't know what you are doing, don't come into these battles and making it that much harder for us. It's even worse when the player comes in, brings a new enemy and then flees! This world is hard enough for us without the lower level players making it worse. BUT, if you know what you are doing and can actually be helpful, come on in.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
At first I didnt really see what the big deal was as I have always been able to find a way to use the noobs I allow to befriend me. Either I use them to port around easily or as a distraction for the harder enemies. As a life wizard I get a lot of HELP ME requests lol. Then last night I am on the island killing lowly bats and by the end I was alone fighting 4 bats as noobs ported in got scared and ran away LOL. So if there was a vote - I vote dont let them port any more than 1 level above there current highest world.

This is coming from someone who says "We were all noobs once and will be again on our next wizard".

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
I agrre i am tired of them telling me i am mean cause i wont help them they even ask me to help when in the middle of a battle or dungeon.

BenjaminDawnShield Level 50 Legendary Sorcerer

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
jcomando wrote:
At first I didnt really see what the big deal was as I have always been able to find a way to use the noobs I allow to befriend me. Either I use them to port around easily or as a distraction for the harder enemies. As a life wizard I get a lot of HELP ME requests lol. Then last night I am on the island killing lowly bats and by the end I was alone fighting 4 bats as noobs ported in got scared and ran away LOL. So if there was a vote - I vote dont let them port any more than 1 level above there current highest world.

This is coming from someone who says "We were all noobs once and will be again on our next wizard".

i agree with the level constraints.

but on our next wizards we will know what to and what not to do...

we will not be noobs....

and that is how i look at other players who have one or more high ranking wizards. the new wizard is not a noob for them.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

I'm sorry if you think we're mean to lower leveled wizards, but we've all earned the right to experience the higher level worlds, I didn't even see MB until i was strong enough to go there. Stay in the world you're in, and if you're not strong enough to fight and actually help, don't because its not fair to other people.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Grands and Legendaries are not mean to most low level wizards, we are just annoyed at them for being in Celestia and joining our battles as they are more of a burden to us than any good (I am not talking about level 42+, I am talking about level 20 and 30 somethings, and even on one occasion a level 9 that joined one of my battles).

They take up a space in battle that can be given to a wizard who is equipped to be in Celestia. Here is a list of the reasons I'm tired of them being in Celestia:

-Joining our battles and having to listen to "I NEED HEALING" after they get hit once, due to their lower health. When you don't heal them, they make this statement once every 10 seconds, to the point where it becomes such an annoyance you finally heal them to shut them up. This wastes pips that could have been better utilized to hit an enemy.

-Joining our battles cause they are curious to see the mobs, then when they see the health of them, they flee. This usually brings in an extra enemy. For some enemies this is manageable, but for most, it's certain death.

-Joining our battles and then wasting our traps and feints with a wand or low level spell that is just a waste. For those of us questing in Celestia, we have figured out how we need to set up our enemy for the most effective kill. This is quashed when our traps and feints are used.

-Joining our battles, then having all their other low level wizards port to them, like ants to a picnic. This happened to me while battle a couple of Piscean Soldiers. These can be hard enough as it is, even worse when you get a level 27, 34 and 19 into the battle.

When I started Wizard101, I had no desire to go anywhere beyond what I was working on as I wanted to follow the story line and see it first hand when I got there. There is a story line in this game and the story line should have to be followed in order to access new places. KI continues to ignore this issue, not sure why.

Before telling us that we are mean, think about why we might come across that way.

Sloan-Legendary Storm
Cody-Legendary Life
Dakota-Legendary Death
Aedan-Legendary Fire
Cody-Legendary Balance
Marcus-Level 52 Ice

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
gee line from a song .... by TLC water fall...

"Don't go chasing waterfalls
Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to
I know that you’re gonna have it your way or nothing at all
But I think you're moving too fast "

that tells it how i feel about many of the lower level wizards
who want to run before they can walk...

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Luvas wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

Wearing High Lvl Gear = Anyone can do that with Crowns. Just buy em up from the Bazaar and Stich 'em. Celestian Pets (At least a few) Can be bought with Crowns also. The Badges, well I know I don't really care for them but it's up to opinion.

A 'noob' by my definition is someone who will detract from your gaming experience by appearing when he or she is unwanted in battle, or being jealous of the official status symbols you have, such as the spells. However, being mad at someone just 'cause they are in Celestia is like telling someone not to breathe your air.

However, not all low level players are like this. Some can handle themselves very well - actually nearly all of the people I've seen who can use normal Chat (Regardless of level) know basic strategy and know not to waste my Feints, or flee in clutch moments. It's just those...'Kids'. The ones who cannot speak, and just don't know what they are doing, and whom it is almost impossible to instruct.

I say there should be a level requirement for Celestia NOT because lower level people don't 'deserve' it, but because they wouldn't know what they're getting into.

Perhaps this can all be evaded with an 'introductory' quest, like what Grizzleheim has with Baldur Goldpaws?

Hear Hear! I like that idea! Let them get a little taste of the new world in that manner. Very good idea! I agree with everything you said.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I have seen many low levels in cl lately. You are fighting a loosing battle trying to keep them out. They port there on who ever they can. Usually they die quickly in battle because they lack the life and higher level spells to sustain them in battle. Some will take this as a learning experience and not come back until they level up and belong there. Others won't.
Sadly though, it hurts many players who do belong there and are trying to finish hard quests, when a low level player wands or throws a troll on thier feints, or ports into a hard battle bringing more monsters to fight, and they flee, leaving you to hold the bag.
It makes it hard on those who have paid their dues and leveled up, and do belong there.
You can not keep them out, but if grands stick together on this and keep their ports off , the number of them may be less.
Also when fighting a hard battle, you need all yours pips, so if I see they are a low level that does not belong there, I do not waste pips on them for healing. If they want to come fight there, let them, but let them do it on their own. If they see they can't survive there, maybe they will go back to their assigned quests and level up, and earn the right to go there.
I am not against low levels, and I do help them all the time with thier quests, and am glad to do it. But some need to learn the hard way that they need to level up first, and stick to their assigned quests before going to cl.

Kimberly SpiritBreeze ~Legendary Sorccer

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I FULLY agree with this. Celestia isnt like the other worlds. enemies gain pips at an INSANE rate and bosses cheat. it wasnt like in dragonspyre where if a low level ported to you, you didnt care because as long as they didnt totally mess you up everything was fine. but in celestia there is NO room for error

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Luvas wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

Wearing High Lvl Gear = Anyone can do that with Crowns. Just buy em up from the Bazaar and Stich 'em. Celestian Pets (At least a few) Can be bought with Crowns also. The Badges, well I know I don't really care for them but it's up to opinion.

A 'noob' by my definition is someone who will detract from your gaming experience by appearing when he or she is unwanted in battle, or being jealous of the official status symbols you have, such as the spells. However, being mad at someone just 'cause they are in Celestia is like telling someone not to breathe your air.

However, not all low level players are like this. Some can handle themselves very well - actually nearly all of the people I've seen who can use normal Chat (Regardless of level) know basic strategy and know not to waste my Feints, or flee in clutch moments. It's just those...'Kids'. The ones who cannot speak, and just don't know what they are doing, and whom it is almost impossible to instruct.

I say there should be a level requirement for Celestia NOT because lower level people don't 'deserve' it, but because they wouldn't know what they're getting into.

Perhaps this can all be evaded with an 'introductory' quest, like what Grizzleheim has with Baldur Goldpaws?

IMO there shouldnt be menu chat. It is so annoying when some level 16 who ported to a friend joins a battle and starts to waste every trap you put up. i

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Well not all noobs are lower levels some are GM, you all know one. They leveled up so fast they did not take the time to learn how to use their spells. They are the ones that use a prism at the wrong time. Like using a life prism on a death boss, will not work. Or they watch a battle wait until you almost killed the enemies then run in so they can get credit for the battle getting you killed and you have to start over. Had one do this to me in the test environment , he start right out complaining how I was battling and it was may battle to start with I quit and walked a way for a while before logging back in. So, don’t be saying that all noobs are lower levels because that is not true. Some of the lower level player s are very good and know how to use their spells and they don’t ask constantly to be healed they know to stack their deck with healing spells.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
lower level wizards if your reading this tell us why are you even going to cl when you die and you shoudin't be here i wanted to go to cl but i didn't i was doing quest

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Good rules with low levels:

1. never heal them
2. once they join, immediately use your best spell so that they wont take all your traps, after that, just dont cast any new ones
3. turn your port off ASAP to prevent them from porting again.
4. try to get the enemy to attack them
5 (only if they are menu chat). confuse them with a GIANT list of battle orders. (one time i told a level 4 to use a polymorph, then use amplify, then use a sun spell. he got totally confused and fled)

what helps in cl is that they cant go anywhere they like without porting. like ds a bit. mooshu was terrible with that though.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
I believe I remember 1 time where a noob ported and fled.I was battling crustacean clawcutters with my lvl50 and now lvl51 wizard and lvl49 friend when a lvl 7 ported and made another join the fight.He fled and it was me and my friend against 4 crustacean clawcutters.My friend survived but unfortunatly,I didn't.I think they should not be allowed to teleport to a world unless they earned the right.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl51 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
The one way that KI could help us deal with this is to have a message that comes up saying:

[Wizard Name][Level #] would like to port to you. Do you approve of this?

So KI, what about this? Why don't you place a comment on this string advising all of us what you might have in the works.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
it almost sounds like to me your trying to say they didnt do any work to even get the freinds they have. and saying mean things,and trying to put a level limit on things won't solve anything because you may need help.and i have been anywhere before cl and im only like level 37,and that was because i was helping people.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
This has like nothing to do with the thing but i hate when noobs wear the clothe you get from the seamstress and act like they level like 60 or something

Lucas GrifinCrafter Lvl. 59 soon to be 60

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
boombox600 wrote:
it almost sounds like to me your trying to say they didnt do any work to even get the freinds they have. and saying mean things,and trying to put a level limit on things won't solve anything because you may need help.and i have been anywhere before cl and im only like level 37,and that was because i was helping people.

Actually most of us Legendaries have made some great Legendary friends while questing in Celestia. So why on earth would we need the help of a low level wizard?

Secondly, most low levels spam friend request higher levels hoping they will be accepted. Just travelling through the commons with my Storm Legendary I am hit with so many friend requests that I have to shut it off.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Yeah newbies are a pain but they sometimes don't know any better. I got so mad when this kyle kid used a dark sprite on a boss once. Two death traps a curse, a feint and a death prism down the drain. Thats why I barely make friends with noobs. But on the other hand we were not always powerful grandmasters. We couldn't cast powerful spells to defeat enemies. We started out as the new generation of wizards destined to defend the spiral.
If you are a noob fighting alongside a higher level wizard, help them by adding traps and healing them. When they cas their spells then cast yours. Ask for advice. I was once a noob Necroviner who had to use numerous Treasure Cards and a lot of pixies just to not get eliminated. But then,one day, I was fighting a pyromancer. He was level 50 and i was a level 32 necromacer. I kept hitting him with skeletal pirates and krakens. He defeated me. It was inevitable. But I tried to win. And he was so impressed, he befriended me and helped me out in Marleybone,Mooshu and Dragonsypre. He was a grandmaster and i a magus. Set an example. When you finish Celestia, seek out a newbie and teach him the ropes of the Spiral. They are the next generation. Help them out.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Well I am not a noob but have defended their right if they pay to go anywhere they are able to. I say it is a lot of work to get to Celestia and agree that people whether a high or low level are annoying at times.
I tend to ignore what people think and do my own thing. But Celestia is a world in which a lower level should not want to be in anyway. If a person is a good player it really makes no difference what level they are. Being a higher level does not make you a better player so it stands to reason that being a lower level does not make you a bad player. It isn't the level it is the player!
hunteray09 wrote:

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I still say that a paying customer has a right to go anywhere in the game allowed.
Here is something I found throughout my travels in Celestia and other worlds: It is not the level of the player which makes them a considerate person nor a thinking person, it is the person playing that wizard which makes the choices. I have played with "noobs" and those who are experienced and have seen both good and bad [players in both. As well as arrogance, greed and the better qualities of loyalty and teamwork. So don't worry about the level. Take heed of their actions only.

It is hard work to Celestia...

Celestia is about teamwork
Do your part
and all is good

Iridan Talebringer
Legendary Sorceror Level 60

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Grands arent mean to noobs, its just that noobs go and messes up stuff. Noob isn't rude, its rude if you call someone that in a mean way.I am a grand and I don't bother noobs at all, but they always bother me, and sometimes it makes me wanna yell at them to go away. No offense to noobs, but srsly quit it with annoying us. We won't bother you as long as you dont bother us.