Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
dream2dust wrote:
mat567010 wrote:
hey we pay real money you know! and if they port it means they think they can go for free! BUT THIR ARE WRONG! If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.

I'm not too sure what you're trying to say here either... The youngsters who port in to Celestia DO pay for the game; just like the higher-levels do. You cannot port to people in parts of WC or the rest of the worlds unless you have either bought the area with crowns/have a subscription.

i know but that is part off my comlain

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Come on guys, its not their faults that they're curious. As long as they have a sub or crowns to buy the areas then its ok. I mean some people are youngsters and they don't really know that they're annyoing people.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Yes ppl that are lower lvls should not go in to places like DS or CL
but come on ppl if you need help you some times call in someone on your list who might be a lower lvl, so I'm guessing this is OK I'm an upper lvl wizard and I wouldnt be if wizards of upper lvls didnt help me in some way.
We were all NOOBs once you higher lvl wizards need to be patient with the younger (lower lvl) wizards and try to help them out alittle after all they could be some ones parent or grand parent

Esmee Stormwhisper
LVL 54

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
DouDou123 wrote:
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?

It seems you did not read my new post on this topic. IT IS OK TO EXPLORE. I don't care. Most of you are nice. But there are some pretty rotten ones that ruin my day and I take it out on all lower levels. ( I shouldn't. ) Yes buy crown items and all of that you guys are getting the wrong idea! Some people do not know how to fight or are just plain annoying! Some are immature like saying things that I will not repeat. Also we have two other problems: Battling and plain jealousy. Ok for battling there are rank 9 and 10. A new person joins it brings another and they can't help and end up dying or fleeing! They waste traps, feints and all of that! Then they jealousy. Someone on the message boards said it was not fair we were in celestia and he wasn't. We GAINED this! We worked so hard for it and to have someone say they should make it for all levels?!?! He also said they should take out the moon school cause he was not a high enough level and could not have it. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! You want to go to cl? Then get there with quests! Port to a friend and explore. I am fine with that! But plz do not joon battles!

James skull wielder
legendary necromancer
~Death is the future life is the past~

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Dizzywood55 wrote:
OMG. I FOR SOME REASON NEVER GET ANNOYED BY NOOBS :O. I let my brother come who's level 28 or 29, but I'm wondering if that counts as "annoying noob"? Also, my sister is Marleybone, level 32 also comes. Does that count? But, still, noobs in Celestia?! -_-
I'm gonna go nuts knowing that noobs are thinking "OMG, I have Celestian gear, now the grandmaster and legendaries wanna be my friend! :D " And then we get annoyed having noobs being all like "PLZ BE MY FRIEND!" I seriously wish wizard101 would have certain levels in certain worlds. AT LEAST NOT PPL LEVEL 1-10 IN MOOSHU OR HIGHER! "sigh"

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer

true

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Cinder234 wrote:
The only low lvls i appreciate in celestia are the ones who know what they are doing. :?

i fully agree. i have two high levels, so i know my way around the game. but i also have several low levels, which arent so strong, but arent like those people that use a rank one spell and waste all your traps.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Dizzywood55 wrote:
OMG. I FOR SOME REASON NEVER GET ANNOYED BY NOOBS :O. I let my brother come who's level 28 or 29, but I'm wondering if that counts as "annoying noob"? Also, my sister is Marleybone, level 32 also comes. Does that count? But, still, noobs in Celestia?! -_-
I'm gonna go nuts knowing that noobs are thinking "OMG, I have Celestian gear, now the grandmaster and legendaries wanna be my friend! :D " And then we get annoyed having noobs being all like "PLZ BE MY FRIEND!" I seriously wish wizard101 would have certain levels in certain worlds. AT LEAST NOT PPL LEVEL 1-10 IN MOOSHU OR HIGHER! "sigh"

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer

in this game, noobiness is not decided by level. I am deeply sorry all you menu chatters out there, and some of you are actually not bad, but... in this game, the definition of noob is someone who doesn't have normal chat, and doesnt know what to do. you know who i mean: the level 1-10s that only use rank 1 spells.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Ok I really do agree with all of you BUT my friend in real life is a noob on wizard101 and i am a level 58 :P BUT my friend told me in real life why he goes to Celestia so much.Its because of the EXP you get in each battle he said he had leveled about 3 times in celestia so thats the answer to this problem :P and the reason WHY they couldnt tell of this is because THEY DONT HAVE TEXT CHAT!

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Yes maybe lower lvl wizards are curious I understand, but why then do they join the battles. If a lower lvl wizard joins you fight dont get mad you have two options, which i do.

1) FLEE - they think they are big enough to fight then let them fight alone

2) let then attack and get agro (if you can handle the creatures they brought into the battle) then when they get attacked and defeated they are gone, just make sure you dont heal them though

two easy solutions that I use on a regular basis becuase it is obvious that KI is not gonna put lvl restrictions of any sort into effect.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan

What he is trying to say is that players that are still low levels port to a higher level place and buy the non-stated clothes. Then they will look like some grands. But non-stated clothes doesn't have level affects.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
To put it plain and simple, if someone pays to play this game they should be allowed to go were ever they want. To remove this is to defeat the purpose of the Wizard101 pay to play aspect. As posted before, it is only common for players of all levels to want to see the new area. Give it some time and there will be less and less low level people in CL. People (in my opinion) need to stop being so rude to lower level people (yes it is rude to call them noobs, with or without "good" reason). High level people CL should be able to handle themselves without problems (you did say you earned the right to be here). If you are having a hard time with low level people joining your battle then maybe you need to rethink you deck rather than blame them.

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
Seriously? Well.

'Noob' is not a mean word. It is another word for 'Newbie'. Just more slang.

I agree that it might be annoying to have to rescue the 'Noob' every time in battle. "OOPS! I am in battle! Someone HELP!"

If you are so sick of it, just walk away.

Don't save them. Don't heal them. Just leave them there. They will learn their lesson.

-Scarlet Willow level 53 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
mat567010 wrote:
dream2dust wrote:
mat567010 wrote:
If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.
how would you feel if you pay and someone goes on your acumant ( and you can't change password ) and play on it with out asking or
they come on your accument and they change the password (so you can''t log)
and you have to pay ( real money remember )? It is just like that

I'm completely confused about what you're talking about because it's nothing like someone getting on my account and playing with one of my characters without asking. I think what you were trying to say was that you didn't feel like it was fair to let lower-leveled wizards port in to the world because you worked hard to get that far and they didn't? I understand that aspect, but when any new area in any MMORPG is first opened it's usually flooded by people at first (of all levels) who want to see what the feel of the new area is like; then it calms down some. It's a part of playing online games like this. Luckily KI has given us tools to help keep the floods of newer players from coming in by allowing us to turn off teleports. I mean, the only way lower-levels are getting into Celestia is by friending then teleporting to a higher-leveled wizard... That seems more like a problem caused by the higher-leveled wizards rather than KI or newbies. Stop complaining about the newbies and simply delete the ones that bother you/turn off porting.
you are right and thanks for telling.
the bit were you were confused i ment IF

Tips: (Lowbies really don't have to be an issue.)

1. Lower levels can not wear armor that is too high for them. They can buy it but it is useless to them until they reach the level that is required to wear it. If they can wear it then it means they are at the level they need to be to wear it. They may not have finished a level to get to that world, but if they can wear the armor that is higher level then they are no lowbies.

2. Most higher level players are not mean, they likely are annoyed by the lowbies entering a fight that a higher up could have joined in, but the lowbies took up the space and well likely could cause the player to lose that fight because there were not enough of the right players to interact with for that match.

3. Just ignore the lowbies and let the world kill them off. Do not heal them and do not offer to help them. If you are in a world that they qualify for and they need help, sure help em, but if they enter your world and they don't have the strength for it then they deserve to die and learn the hard way that the world is too hard for them. If you invite them to help out in the harder worlds, sure heal them, but only if you invite them. If you do it this way then you will discourage newbies/lowbies from entering worlds to high for them. They will see they will have no assistance when fighting a battle to high for them.

4. If you have low levels on your list, simply fix it so none of your friends can transport to you. We do have that option. If you need someone to port to you turn on your port just long enough for that "invited friend" to port to you, then turn your port off. This keeps lowbies from getting in your area.

5. Finally, if the lowbies become too much of a problem and don't respect their porting rights as your friend, simply take them off your friend list and save your friend spots for higher level Wizards that are more within your range. (If you are worried about losing a long distant friend get an IM such as Yahoo or MSN this way when they are higher level you can contact them meet up with them and readd them to your friend account. In some ways I hate the way Wizard 101 runs things, it would be easier to just simply be able to remember someones game name so they can add them. But you actually have to be around that person to add them. That is one feature I would like to see changed, however its not impossible to keep your friends as long as you have an IM "instant messanger" or email outside the game, so you can contact your friends when you are ready to be readded to their list.)

If you follow these tips, you will have less hassle with lowbies

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Megan wrote:

What he is trying to say is that players that are still low levels port to a higher level place and buy the non-stated clothes. Then they will look like some grands. But non-stated clothes doesn't have level affects.

You don't need to go to Celestia to obtain Celestian 'clothes'. From level one you can mass-purchase Gold with Crowns (Though at a rate which to me seems highway robbery), buy up the gear at the Bazaar, and then stitch them to clothes that a level 1 Apprentice can wear.

Some things a newbie cannot emulate though, such as the Wand one wields. I usually can tell most Masters (and etc.) because of the glowing/sparkling, non-wand weapon that players hold in their hands. School-exclusive pets are also unique in that way.

In this sense, though, I like it this way, because people are not limited by level to what they can look like.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Queenlillia56 wrote:
'Noob' is not a mean word. It is another word for 'Newbie'. Just more slang.

It's not the word itself that's mean; it's the context. Most people use the word "noob" as an insult rather than using it to imply that someone is simply new to the game.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
DouDou123 wrote:
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?
you know what,you noobs are making me MAD

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
sigh,why are some high levels so mean. Sure I'm in Dragonspyre but I've never been bothered by these lower levels (I prefer not to use the term "noob") you are like "low levels stay out of this world unless we need help". That, is arrognance. I'm sure you got lots of help from lower level buddies. I'm not sure what we'd do without them. Also one person said "yeah we were low levels but we were not like them" Please, you were curious about new worlds too. These people are curious whats wrong with that!?!? Not everyone causes trouble,some are experianced and can really help. You need to remember life isn't all about you.

Emily Frostsong lvl 44 pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i agree with u that they should be able to explore but jumping into battles and such shouldn't be tolerted and also yes the world does not revolve around one person. There are lots of people who have worked extremely hard to earn the right to go to Celestia. It isn't unfair, your just lucky to be able to port to them and explore the fascinating sights you will see one day when you level up. I have found this extremely annoying.
Jacob
Level 55 balance wizard soon to level up :D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
kittycat932 wrote:
sigh,why are some high levels so mean. Sure I'm in Dragonspyre but I've never been bothered by these lower levels (I prefer not to use the term "noob") you are like "low levels stay out of this world unless we need help". That, is arrognance. I'm sure you got lots of help from lower level buddies. I'm not sure what we'd do without them. Also one person said "yeah we were low levels but we were not like them" Please, you were curious about new worlds too. These people are curious whats wrong with that!?!? Not everyone causes trouble,some are experianced and can really help. You need to remember life isn't all about you.

HEY!!!!
you know why i used the word " yes were low level wizards but we wern't like them" i ment that we didn't anoy people as these level wizards did you even read my coment
any way how easyer it would be if they wouldn't come to cl
look cl or ds there not as easy as wizard city
for example:
i vs a boss and i had 333/1998 health and a low level wizard joins there would be no chace to win the battle because a body guard ( boss body gard ) would join andthey will kill me and quickly they will kill the low level wizard

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I'm sure you got lots of help from lower level buddies

no we don't insted we get anoyed

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
mat567010 wrote:
kittycat932 wrote:

HEY!!!!
you know why i used the word " yes were low level wizards but we wern't like them" i ment that we didn't anoy people as these level wizards did you even read my coment
any way how easyer it would be if they wouldn't come to cl
look cl or ds there not as easy as wizard city
for example:
i vs a boss and i had 333/1998 health and a low level wizard joins there would be no chace to win the battle because a body guard ( boss body gard ) would join andthey will kill me and quickly they will kill the low level wizard
Well srry, I meant low levels should either stay being allowed, or not allowed at all. Im sorry about the im not sure what wed do with lower level buddies, I meant the worlds before ds.Not all the low levels badger,you probably didn't, but some in your "generation" of wizards did. I say low level wizards should be allowed for a while, then only,like,the world before.srry if you were offended, i didn't make my message clear and for youre information im in ds

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
There should be no level limit. I keep saying, "WHAT IF YOU NEED HELP!!!!???" You don't need a level limit, just turn your teleporters off.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
likeluigi123 wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
you know what,you noobs are making me MAD

I agree. He just doesn't get the picture.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
This is what i do. If a low level person ports to me i give them some rules. If they brake my rules i will flee and i tell them so. My rules are very simple.

1. Dont attack unless i tell you too. (the only reason i would tell them to attack is if there was a tower shield or the are only a few hit points left. why not let them kill it they would get more xp)

2. put all your shields on me. i will keep them from attacking you just help me stay alive while i try to kill three of these things.

3. If you see i need health and you can heal me please do so.

4. dont be rude.

I am level 59 and will very soon level 60. I seen no reason to be mean to lower level people. If they follow these rule everything works out fine. If they dont simply remove them, and flee. No need to be mean or rude. I have helped lower level people out allot. I dont mind doing this. I acttully have helped one person from level 1 to level 26. We were in celestia. Guess what not one person has said anything about her level because she follows my rules. she even helps them out when she can. by healing and giving shields and even asks if she can attack if the hit points are low enough. I wll always let lower level people port and if they brake even one rule i remove and flee. I think you guys should try it. give them the rules. It works most the time. Thank you guys for reading this I hope you have a great day. :D

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
It is true but i did teleport to a friend in dragon spyer i did battle monsters. but the problem is that people still dont have skill. Like someone uses feint and the weak wizard uses fire cat. You should let them go to that world but not the streets.

Wolf Sunstaff 57 fire wizard Savior of the Spiral