Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
UPDATE: Guys I am way past this thing. I am fine with them now and even work with them. I was being immature I admit it and I see it now that it is not a problem. Just so you know, I am WAY past this. Though you may still post how you feel about LOWER LEVELS (notice how I said lower levels :P). Thank you.

Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan

Historian
May 15, 2009
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan
yea i agree with you because wizard101 is a game to call people nice things not bad

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!
i absolutly agree with you
( even thogh i'm not a grand yet ) whats the point saying it's not fair
because you might not be the right level as us and in pvp it is for every one not just for low levels and why you should show of? you need to level up thats all it taken 1 and a half to be level 49 and that is not so long
and if you think it is wrong then see it for your self!
who agrees with me and him?

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

hey your wrong grand masters are not mean they only get anoyed thats why the complain
and any way loer players need to be pashient and level up to go to cl
why should they even go there when thire not ready?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
hey your wrong grand masters are not mean they only get anoyed thats why the complain
why should they even go there when thire not ready? luke ice dust level 49 Spelling, young man, spelling... pride, and arrogance go before a fall.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

i mean seriously

I dont care that there curious they shouldnt be there!!!!!!!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

i mean seriously

why should they even go there when thire not ready? luke ice dust level 49

Very true.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Ok guys some of you saying noob is bad for calling people well yes I do agree. I have gotten so mad over the days though. It just made me feel like I had to say it cause I was so mad. What i'm saying is, explore if curious but PLZ PLZ leave us grands legendaries higher lvls etc. alone! We won't bother you if you don't bother us! Plz just stay out of our buisness and don't annoy us. The only reason people say "noob" is cause they are annoyed or are just mean lol. So plz don't take this the wrong way.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
The only low lvls i appreciate in Celestia are the ones who know what they are doing. Not every low lvl is nieve and blasting random spells. Most of them know how to kill the mob by supporting the higher lvl so they can do their damaging attacks to kill the mob. It's just that many people not only on this thread but everywhere think of a lower lvl as some little kid blowing random spells to try to kill the enemy. Well many lower lvls I know have experience from this game because they have a lvl 60 on their account. I can understand why some people are complaining, it sometimes happens to me too. So what? Its not like a lower lvl will follow you FOREVER and ruin your whole gaming experience. And a lvl restriction won't help either. Like someone on this thread said that if there was a situation where you are about to die and you try to ask for help from your lvl 20 life to heal you, well, you would either die or flee because they couldn't help you because of a bunch of legendaries wanting Celestia all to them and grandmasters. Thats a bit selfish isn't it? You die because of them wanting Celestia for themself. Please reconsider lower lvls because they can save your life. :?

Defender
May 30, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:

I do believe this is one of the most immature post I've read on here. REAL people pay with REAL money to buy crowns to obtain the Celestian pets and mounts that they get from the crowns-shop which is available to ALL players; not just the legendary wizards. I think a lot of the upper levels have gotten extremely territorial over the new world, and have forgotten that they too used to be a curious "noob" at one point in time. I've personally haven't had any problems with any initiates, adepts, or magus wizards joining battles, but I do have a problem with high-levels acting smug to the curious wizards who just want to see Celestia. Also, I have yet to see anyone with badges or gear from Celestia who were not level 48 or higher.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:

Megan

I agree with you Megan it is rude to call ppl noobs :)

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

Wearing High Lvl Gear = Anyone can do that with Crowns. Just buy em up from the Bazaar and Stich 'em. Celestian Pets (At least a few) Can be bought with Crowns also. The Badges, well I know I don't really care for them but it's up to opinion.

A 'noob' by my definition is someone who will detract from your gaming experience by appearing when he or she is unwanted in battle, or being jealous of the official status symbols you have, such as the spells. However, being mad at someone just 'cause they are in Celestia is like telling someone not to breathe your air.

However, not all low level players are like this. Some can handle themselves very well - actually nearly all of the people I've seen who can use normal Chat (Regardless of level) know basic strategy and know not to waste my Feints, or flee in clutch moments. It's just those...'Kids'. The ones who cannot speak, and just don't know what they are doing, and whom it is almost impossible to instruct.

I say there should be a level requirement for Celestia NOT because lower level people don't 'deserve' it, but because they wouldn't know what they're getting into.

Perhaps this can all be evaded with an 'introductory' quest, like what Grizzleheim has with Baldur Goldpaws?

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
LittleBitLost wrote:
why should they even go there when thire not ready? luke ice dust level 49
Spelling, young man, spelling... pride, and arrogance go before a fall. hey what do you mean

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
dream2dust wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

I do believe this is one of the most immature post I've read on here. REAL people pay with REAL money to buy crowns to obtain the Celestian pets and mounts that they get from the crowns-shop which is available to ALL players; not just the legendary wizards. I think a lot of the upper levels have gotten extremely territorial over the new world, and have forgotten that they too used to be a curious "noob" at one point in time. I've personally haven't had any problems with any initiates, adepts, or magus wizards joining battles, but I do have a problem with high-levels acting smug to the curious wizards who just want to see Celestia. Also, I have yet to see anyone with badges or gear from Celestia who were not level 48 or higher.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer
hey we pay real money you know! and if they port it means they think they can go for free! BUT THIR ARE WRONG!
If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.
how would you feel if you pay and someone goes on your acumant ( and you can't change password ) and play on it with out asking or
they come on your accument and they change the password (so you can''t log)
and you have to pay ( real money remember )? It is just like that
We feel we are getting robed by banditse.
So thats why we don't want to be thire friends thats why we tell or another word complain.If you think that is not true or you think its funny
lets see how will you feel if we do that to YOU!

Defender
May 30, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.
how would you feel if you pay and someone goes on your acumant ( and you can't change password ) and play on it with out asking or

I'm completely confused about what you're talking about because it's nothing like someone getting on my account and playing with one of my characters without asking. I think what you were trying to say was that you didn't feel like it was fair to let lower-leveled wizards port in to the world because you worked hard to get that far and they didn't? I understand that aspect, but when any new area in any MMORPG is first opened it's usually flooded by people at first (of all levels) who want to see what the feel of the new area is like; then it calms down some. It's a part of playing online games like this. Luckily KI has given us tools to help keep the floods of newer players from coming in by allowing us to turn off teleports. I mean, the only way lower-levels are getting into Celestia is by friending then teleporting to a higher-leveled wizard... That seems more like a problem caused by the higher-leveled wizards rather than KI or newbies. Stop complaining about the newbies and simply delete the ones that bother you/turn off porting.

Defender
May 30, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
hey we pay real money you know! and if they port it means they think they can go for free! BUT THIR ARE WRONG! If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.

I'm not too sure what you're trying to say here either... The youngsters who port in to Celestia DO pay for the game; just like the higher-levels do. You cannot port to people in parts of WC or the rest of the worlds unless you have either bought the area with crowns/have a subscription.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Yup, I called it the mean stick, I had to delete noobs I friended during Halloween quests, one just decided to port in to Celestia and started walking around. Not my nature, but when they not only ruin my game but somebody else's, I had to do the mean thing and start deleting anybody I didn't remember well. And that stinks because most of them were nice people, a few bad apples spoiled the bunch. :(

I still like (of course I would) my idea of one-world-up porting. So to be able to port to Celestia you have to have gotten to Dragonspyre, to DragonSypre you had to get to Mooshu, and so on. That way friends that are bit slower or faster can still help each other. On several occasions I was called to help on Dragonspyre even though I still trying to finish Mooshu.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009

Ok look people. Its ok for "low levels" to go to Celestia. Just that they shouldn't go into a battle, especially if a grandmaster is in it. Grandmasters don't like it when a "low level" goes into a battle that has rank 9/rank 10 monsters. Low levels should just not go into battles in Celestia. It's ok for them to be there just please, Do Not Go Into Battle! Thats all you low levels in Celestia got to remember. :D

~Mark Rubythief~
Level 52 Pyromancer

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Yes they have tried us one too many times and CL is the last straw! They should NOT be allowed to port to higher level friends and then jump into other wizards battles unless they were ASKED to do so if your lower then say level 48 STAY the heck out, if you port to a friend stay with them only!!! and do NOT get into any battles with other wizards you don't know in there.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
OMG. I FOR SOME REASON NEVER GET ANNOYED BY NOOBS :O. I let my brother come who's level 28 or 29, but I'm wondering if that counts as "annoying noob"? Also, my sister is Marleybone, level 32 also comes. Does that count? But, still, noobs in Celestia?! -_-
I'm gonna go nuts knowing that noobs are thinking "OMG, I have Celestian gear, now the grandmaster and legendaries wanna be my friend! :D " And then we get annoyed having noobs being all like "PLZ BE MY FRIEND!" I seriously wish wizard101 would have certain levels in certain worlds. AT LEAST NOT PPL LEVEL 1-10 IN MOOSHU OR HIGHER! "sigh"

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
dream2dust wrote:
mat567010 wrote:

I'm completely confused about what you're talking about because it's nothing like someone getting on my account and playing with one of my characters without asking. I think what you were trying to say was that you didn't feel like it was fair to let lower-leveled wizards port in to the world because you worked hard to get that far and they didn't? I understand that aspect, but when any new area in any MMORPG is first opened it's usually flooded by people at first (of all levels) who want to see what the feel of the new area is like; then it calms down some. It's a part of playing online games like this. Luckily KI has given us tools to help keep the floods of newer players from coming in by allowing us to turn off teleports. I mean, the only way lower-levels are getting into Celestia is by friending then teleporting to a higher-leveled wizard... That seems more like a problem caused by the higher-leveled wizards rather than KI or newbies. Stop complaining about the newbies and simply delete the ones that bother you/turn off porting.
you are right and thanks for telling.
the bit were you were confused i ment IF