Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Call Your Name Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009

Why have you made this quest impossible to do. I put a blde on me, they get one and a spell turn, I cast a trap on them they put one on me and get a spell turn. I put out anything and they put a trap on me and still get there turn. You give boss over 15 thousand health and his helper almost 18 hundred.
I have been fighting for over 4 hours straight and can not even get boss under 8 thousand. what is up. how can we even begain to win if he gets to cast all the shields blades and traps and we can not. Come on guys. MAKE THE GAME FAIR. 4 hours and still trying is a little much. And I have almost 3 thousand health, 80 critcal, 40 blocking, 86 power pips, ect. It is not so fun doing same quest for that long. :(

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I agree this quest is way too hard, it is suppose to be a single person quest but 3 or 4 wizards would have trouble. I have loved the game up until this point. If there is anyone that needs this quest as well please look me up.

James Firesword
Grandmaster (level 58)
Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Ah, the Efreet quest. Easily one of the hardest quests in the game, for Sothmekhet is stronger than Malistaire, and you have to face him alone.

Believe it or not, Sothmekhet is actually easier that he looks. All you need are these specific cards: Wyldfire, Amplify, Helephant, Gargantuan, Ice Shield, Fire Minion, and Reshuffle. If you don't have these spells already learned, you can find the stronger Treasure Card versions in the Bazaar, and you can find Gargantuan with the Archivist.

First, mark your location as soon as you enter Kill the minion first, flee, then teleport back. Soth will be alone.

The first three spells you should cast are Fire Minion, then Wyldfire, then Amplify (P.S., you should have plenty of Amplifies, this is a lengthy battle)

The Fire Minion will healthily supply you with Glacial Shields, taking the Cheat Hexes. Every so often, he will give you the much-coveted Fireblade, as well. When offensive, the Fire Minion will use steady streams of Fire Elves. This will slowly but surely wear down Soth.

Use a small deck, so you don't have to be discarding every turn to find what you need. Amplify and Wyldfire will drastically increase the power of your Helephant, which should be equipped with Gargantuan every time you cast it.

Your clothing should also come into play. You should have the Volatile Vestment, the Volatile Headdress, and the Dragonstalkers. There's no reason why you shouldn't have the money to buy these items.

If Sothmekhet ever gets above five Pips, make sure you have some Ice Shields on hand. Icezilla and Colossus will wreck you for sure if you're careless.

It seems so simple doesn't it? That's mainly because it is. Sothmekhet requires some strategy to work around his cheats. This strategy worked wonders for me. I'm sure it will for you, too.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Efreet Owner

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Sothmekhet is a cheating boss, and will Hex you if you blade or shield or trap. However, your shield is more powerful than his hex, and both blade and trap are needed to bring down the boss.

Firstly, make sure you bring all of the Glacial Shields you can fit into your deck. They will protect you against the Boss and his minion. Make sure you buy Fireblade treasure cards, Elemental Blade treasure cards, and put both into your deck (two or three of each). Then, purchase the Elemental Trap, Fire Trap (x2 - there's a 30% and a 35% type) and Feint treasure cards. If you can get a necklace with Feint on it, too, great!

And, if you have a point for it, invest in the Treant Polymorph spell - you can get it from the secondary Moon School teacher in Stormriven, it just takes 1 training point, and will allow you to switch into a powerful healer-type for 6 rounds.

Reshuffle, of course, is a must to bring as well. And if you can afford it by this time, get some Gargantuan cards from the bazaar.

Now, the most important thing is that you bring up your shields, even if the boss decides to Hex you. In general, build as you normally would - Elemental Blade, Fireblade, treasure card versions of both, and trap the boss with everything you got. Ignore the Hexes put on you - if your health gets low, polymorph into a Treant and heal up before proceeding.

Once you have four blades on yourself and at least two feints (or a feint and a bunch of traps) on the boss, and he doesn't have a shield of any kind up, sic a Gargantuan Helephant on him. This should kill him in one blow.

Repeat the process for the minion (who, now that the boss is dead, can be bladed/trapped without hexing you).

Enjoy your new spell.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't have a Fire wizard, but I can tell you how to defeat this boss.

Like any other boss quest, it requires preparation and knowledge of your opponents.

I'm assuming that you have no Crowns and can't or won't hire Henchmen or buy Elixirs.

YOUR OPPONENTS:

The minion casts Storm spells. It has no shields of any kind.

Sothmekhet "cheats" inasmuch as if you cast a ward or charm (blades, traps, shields, weakness, accuracy, absorb, etc.), he will interrupt and cast Hex, a 30% trap, on you. All of his attacks are Ice based. He has a 50% weakness to Fire spells. For shields, he only has the standard 50% Tower Shield. He has no Fire Shield.

PREPARATION:

Naturally, you should be at full Health and Mana, with full Potion bottles.

Go to the Bazaar and buy as many of the 90% Snow Shields as your spell deck sideboard will hold, up to 20. If the Bazaar doesn't have enough 90% shields, buy the 85% variety, which are almost always in maximum supply. If you're using Fill the sideboard with these. This won't cost you much more than 2500 gold.

I also recommend that you do NOT use a Fire wand/sword, as you'll want to knock off the Tower Shields without triggering whatever blades or traps might be in place.

THE SPELL DECK:

If you have Reshuffle, stock it in your deck. If not, and you have training points available, you might consider getting it from Niles on the island in Krokotopia. If you have Feint, stock that in your deck, too.

Assuming that your deck will hold 4 of a non-school card, 7 of a school card, and 20 sideboard spell cards, this is what to stock:

Sideboard: 20 Snow Shields, preferably 90%, 85% if necessary.

Deck: 7 Heck Hound, 7 Wyldfire, 7 Fire Elemental (minion), 7 Helephant, 7 Glacial Shields, 4 Pixie, 4 Feint, 4 Reshuffle.

Before you go in, mark your spot. If you defeat the minion and are defeated by the Boss, you can heal and fill your potion bottles,. teleport back, and only the Boss will be there to face you.

OK, I'M INSIDE: NOW WHAT?

The battle will be boring. The first thing you'll do is discard all Reshuffle except one, all Wyldfire except one, and all wand/sword spells except one. You'll replace all of these with Snow Shields from your sideboard. If you have a Glacial Shield, cast it at every turn until the minion is dead. You'll get a Hex put on you, but you're getting two 70% shields in return for the 30% damage.

You want to cast Wyldfire as soon as you can (and ditch the others, replacing them with Snow Shields). You'll also want to get a Fire Elemental up as soon as you can. You should probably ditch all of the rest except one, replacing them with Snow Shields.

With Wyldfire out and an Elemental fighting alongside you, the rest of the battle is going to be: discard excess cards as above, cast Glacial Shield if you have it and Snow Shield if not, discard excess cards, cast Glacial Shield or Snow Shield, etc. When you have 8 pips (with Wyldfire, 10 without), cast Heck Hound on the minion. It will disappear in 3 rounds if it doesn't have a Tower Shield. Since you don't want your deck cluttered, you'll use Pixie whenever you're down 500 Health---it doesn't matter when you use them, as long as you get the full value of it, and it will free a space for something else.

With the minion out of the way, you're going to do more of the same to the Boss. You may very well go through all of your Snow Shields. It's a good idea to always have at least two on you. When you max on pips, cast Heck Hound on the Boss. Replace your Elemental when it's defeated. If the Elemental blades you and/or traps the Boss, use a Helephant. With 85% or a 90% shield on you, the Boss isn't going to do much damage to you. There may be times you'll have to pass. Do so until the opportunity to use a card comes up. If the Boss puts a Tower Shield on itself, and you don't have Helephant working, knock the shield off with a wand/sword spell.

If you have a Snow Shield in place, you might consider using Feint, followed by Helephant. The boss will use Hex, and you'll also get

It will be a long grind, but you should be able to defeat the Boss with your first deck. If not, then use your Reshuffle .

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Ah, the Efreet quest. Easily one of the hardest quests in the game, for Sothmekhet is stronger than Malistaire, and you have to face him alone.

Believe it or not, Sothmekhet is actually easier that he looks. All you need are these specific cards: Wyldfire, Amplify, Helephant, Gargantuan, Ice Shield, Fire Minion, and Reshuffle. If you don't have these spells already learned, you can find the stronger Treasure Card versions in the Bazaar, and you can find Gargantuan with the Archivist.

First, mark your location as soon as you enter Kill the minion first, flee, then teleport back. Soth will be alone.

The first three spells you should cast are Fire Minion, then Wyldfire, then Amplify (P.S., you should have plenty of Amplifies, this is a lengthy battle)

The Fire Minion will healthily supply you with Glacial Shields, taking the Cheat Hexes. Every so often, he will give you the much-coveted Fireblade, as well. When offensive, the Fire Minion will use steady streams of Fire Elves. This will slowly but surely wear down Soth.

Use a small deck, so you don't have to be discarding every turn to find what you need. Amplify and Wyldfire will drastically increase the power of your Helephant, which should be equipped with Gargantuan every time you cast it.

Your clothing should also come into play. You should have the Volatile Vestment, the Volatile Headdress, and the Dragonstalkers. There's no reason why you shouldn't have the money to buy these items.

If Sothmekhet ever gets above five Pips, make sure you have some Ice Shields on hand. Icezilla and Colossus will wreck you for sure if you're careless.

It seems so simple doesn't it? That's mainly because it is. Sothmekhet requires some strategy to work around his cheats. This strategy worked wonders for me. I'm sure it will for you, too.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Efreet Owner

dude, this totally worked.