Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Hey Wizards!
I've recently been doing some pet hatching but very dissapointed with the results. I feel like after all that money I saved up, it's wasted on either a pet I already have or a replica of one of the pets I hatched with. This has happened not only once but with my other friends online too. I am never really happy with the results. But when I look at some of my other friends whose experiments went well, I wonder why the likely chance of a rare pet hatching shouldn't be increased? I look around sometimes and see so many epic pets that I've never seen before. So I was wondering if Kingsisle could increase the chances of hatching rare pet, make a rare pet or at least a different pet hatch each time, and eliminate the chances of getting the pet you already have or one of the pets your hatching with? Thanks for your reply in advance!

Olivia Icecloud Lvl. 53
Grandmaster Thaugmaturge
School of Ice

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Via87 wrote:
Hey Wizards!
I was wondering if Kingsisle could increase the chances of hatching rare pet, make a rare pet or at least a different pet hatch each time, and eliminate the chances of getting the pet you already have or one of the pets your hatching with?

Hi Olivia!
The price for Hatching is based on the Talents and Derby skills.
Mixing the Talents and Derby skills is the primary purpose of Hatching; not getting a new pet.
It's very important to be able to receive the same pet type so we can breed in the Talents and Derby skills we like, for instance creating a Firecat that has Pip O'Plenty and Spritely.

If you want a "rare" pet, just Hatch with that pet until you get it.
They just reduced the price for Hatching by 25% and items sell for quite a bit, so it's not difficult to raise the funds for several Hatches.

Good Luck!