Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How are we supposed to finish GM project?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I have spent hours farming for the stone block to transmute into the sandstone and sunstone required for the Grandmaster Artisan project. Finally just an hour ago, managed to get the very last piece of block needed, only to find that the Polymorph Treant TC's are no longer available. Anyone from KIcare to explain how we are supposed to finish these projects if we cannot get all of the ingredients required? Are you going to change recipe, or are you going to make the Polymorph Cards available again?

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
ravenhecate wrote:
I have spent hours farming for the stone block to transmute into the sandstone and sunstone required for the Grandmaster Artisan project. Finally just an hour ago, managed to get the very last piece of block needed, only to find that the Polymorph Treant TC's are no longer available. Anyone from KIcare to explain how we are supposed to finish these projects if we cannot get all of the ingredients required? Are you going to change recipe, or are you going to make the Polymorph Cards available again?

um who gives the Grandmaster Artisan quest? I just because a master Artisan today and that took the better part of a year. I'm not looking forward to this grandmaster artisan quest but i'll do it nonetheless. IO wanted to craft the level 55 celestia gear but by the time I am grandmaster Artisan, I won't have any need for them

Defender
May 31, 2010

It is possible to craft that polymorph treant card. Kimba Kalla in The Floating Land sells the treasure card recipe , Avery in Base Camp might , not too sure about him.

To craft a Treant card it requires
1 Seraph treasure card
1 Perfect Jade
2 Jade
1 Shadow oil
1 Golden Pearl
5 Kelp
5 Red mandrake

multiply all of that by 5 to complete the treasure cards.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
[color=darkblue] I am on the same quest. Was just about to get the Polymorph cards and I was there! Taken over a week to do this GM quest and what do we do know?

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
i can't even find stone blocks anywhere. i actually like the shared bank update, but the buying in bulk thing just made things worse. i may see 15 in stock at the bazaar, but when i go to buy at least one before they are all gone, then it doesn't go through because they were bought all in bulk right out from under me. and anywhere in the spiral when i go hunting stone blocks, i am lucky to find one or 2, but i only get 1 out of anything i manage to find.

this happens even at 3 am here. i am central time. i finally got all the pearls i needed. but i am stuck on the sandstone/ sunstones. i have one spot left i can look that no one seems to know yet. i am Keeping my info to myself. sorry. i truly hate to be like that, but i was really helpful in the past and it shot me in the foot. i can't get anything done anymore.

crafting Was my favorite part of the game.

it has come down to this....we need a way to grow our own. period. no way around it. if we had that, ( and i have suggested many ways it could be done, and i am not the only one. ) then it would make crafting finally worth it again.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I just got the GM artisan Quest. It was quite a challenge to finish the Master Artisan quest and now the GM guest is not encouraging at all. I do not understand why they make the reagents back-to-back. I have never seend sandstone or sunstone anywhere or golden pearl but yet if I am to transmute any of the reagents required for this quest, I would need one of the original reagents to transumte another original reagent. This is ridiculous! Why do I need sandstone to transmute sunstone when I already need my sandstone for the same quest? It's the same thing for GOlden pearl. I need golden pearl for my quest but I also need it to transmute Polymorph treant. This crafting business is getting too contrived for me.

I mean it's one guest, why should it take me a whole year to complete one quest? Thats right, It took me forever to be Master Aritisan and now this? They need to have a grain store where you can go buy your gains to grow your own reagents becuase with ten million people playing it's impossible to get reagents especally since everyone seems to be taking crafting seriously.
I need to craft my level 55 celestia gear and only Gm Artisan can buy the recipe; the nerve! What was all the hard work to be Master Artisan for? It was all in vain because even though I have achieved Mastery in crafting, I still cannot craft cool gear. next thing you know we go to another world and our GM title is of no use ,we have to be legendary, go figure.

Um can anyone tell me where i can buy any of the reagents? or which boss drops which reagent? I can' be bothered with the bazaar and you need too much of one reagent to transmute another. Why not 5-1 insead of 10,15-1?

Community Leader
MsSandy121 wrote:

It is possible to craft that polymorph treant card. Kimba Kalla in The Floating Land sells the treasure card recipe , Avery in Base Camp might , not too sure about him.

To craft a Treant card it requires
1 Seraph treasure card
1 Perfect Jade
2 Jade
1 Shadow oil
1 Golden Pearl
5 Kelp
5 Red mandrake

multiply all of that by 5 to complete the treasure cards.

Thank you so much.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Go farm your stone blocks in the Dragonspyre Academy. There are 6 places the blocks respawn. Yes, you need quite a few to transmute sandstones and sunstones. Just keep changing realms and you will be done with this before you know it.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Look in Krok for stone blocks, especially early in the morning. They are all over the place.

Defender
May 31, 2010
You do realize one you post a exact location to find a reagent , it does ruin the area? If people are working on grandmaster artisan , then they have a pretty good idea by now where to find reagents , these guys are not noobs when it comes to crafting .

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:
You do realize one you post a exact location to find a reagent , it does ruin the area? If people are working on grandmaster artisan , then they have a pretty good idea by now where to find reagents , these guys are not noobs when it comes to crafting .

Why was this comment necessary? The poster stated that he/she was having problems finding certain reagents; therefore people where offering him/her advice on where to find the stone blocks and other reagents. I don't see the your logic in posting this comment.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Amen to all the people who think that crafting quests get way too hard. There are so many people farming for reagents, and so few to be found, it can drive a person crazy. I got my final badge in DS a couple of weeks ago, but I spent many early mornings looking for reagents. If we can't purchase more reagents, like black lotus or black pearls, or more will not be added to the game, could the recipes at least be easier. I think this would be an easier change to the Wizard 101 program then adding more reagents. Just a thought.
:)

PS I do love crafting, but I am hoping that my one wizard can craft for all my other wizards. Crossing my fingers on that. lol

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
Completed GM crafting 11/14/10. I have to say the Grandmaster crafting quest was changeling, but don't you think when you're finished you will have something to be proud of. If it was easy everyone would have finished by now. Don't give up, keep farming and soon you will finish. I thought I would never finish either, but I did.
Live, Laugh and Love

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I finally got the Grandmaster Artisan Badge last night. It took days and nights of harvesting stone blocks and I was glad to finally have it done. Then I realized, that amulet I worked on so hard was gone. I completely forgot they take it so in order to actually have that amulet, I have to start from scratch. Also all the Celestian crafting quests require bizarre amounts of un harvestable sunstones which means more stone blocks. I'm absolutely sick of stone blocks at this point. It's no fun any more.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Just wait for the Artisan house. :) If anyone crafts that and I see it, I give my respect to how much time used on it.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I think the Archivist in district of the stars still sells the treant treasure cards as well as a few others.