Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what do people have against low levels

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Well, the reason ppl get mad is a low level wizard comes to a high level world, then they get in a battle where a wizard who has earned the right to be there is fighting a couple monsters, well the low level wiz attracts another monster, they flee, and the wiz who should be there dies bcuz they r fighten three monsters. This has always been an problem so I would be mad too, yes there is no reason for yelling, but there is reason behind it. So ppl don't generally hav anythin against low levels (I think), its just the ones who mess up their battle, like a gm in cl put up all their traps and evrythin, well a low level comes and uses a wand spell on it and then the mob attacks after not being killed and the gm dies (or the low level). I kno I am a little low leveled, but I just wanted to say this.... correct me if I am wrong...

Amber Stormsong level 35 diviner

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
this is something that REALLY irks my chain.
why grand masters in celestia are acting so snobbishly
the fact they can't stand lower levels who are curious of this to enter a new world?
i personally have no problem with a lower level who is curious porting in
mainly because if they get killed they learn from it.

people seem to forget how it was when DRAGONSPYRE first released
lower levels were porting in everywhere because of how curious they were yea people got a annoyed by it but eventually the flow of lower levels in dragonspyre trickled a near complete stop.

yea yea yea
" but celestia isn't like dragonspyre"
i know, its an actual challenge.
but apparently the grand masters have gotten lazy as of late
and can't handle lower levels porting in, out of curiosity

its time for someone to tell the grand master to suck it up and learn to deal with it
adjust your strategy stock treasure cards in advance to prepare in case a lower level ports in
i mean seriously USE YOUR HEADS

that's all i have to say about it.....for now

Samuel duskmancer- Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

NO! They ruin the fun for us! We actually had to WORK to get where we are. It's a second generation of Maguses and Apprentices. The first, which is now the Legendaries, had nobody to port to in higher worlds. Now we have to constantly deal with all the "Can someome take me to MooShu?" and the "I need help in the Throne Room of Fire!". That's what IRKS me! They join a battle and make another mob come. I AM SICK OF IT. KI, please make an unlock requirement to go to new worlds!

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I completely agree. This is getting ridiculous. I, like others, are getting REALLY tired of seeing others talked down to because of their lower level, or myself being talked to this way. No offense, but they need to get over themselves because they were "noobs" or "low levels" once, too.

Just stop it you guys!!!!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
KI can take a good share of the blame for this. They were asked many times over to put a stop to the lower level porting and looked the other way.

The issue isn't so much that they are porting into high leveled worlds, but that they are getting into battles that are way over their heads.
In all honestly, those Celestia fights are challenging to a Grand level wizard with Grand spells to fight with. Just staying alive is hard enough without overseeing a lower leveled wizard, and being asked to heal and shield them in a battle they have no business entering is over the line.

Herein lies the problem. They have neither the health nor the spells to begin to hold their own in Celestia.

Sure, have a look at Celestia, but limit it to the Base Camp. This is really taking a toll on the players working through their quests here, and unless KI steps in, it is going to get worse before it gets better for both the lower levels and Grands alike.
This should have been dealt with before Celestia was released.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the fact they can't stand lower levels who are curious of this to enter a new world?

lower levels were porting in everywhere because of how curious they were yea people got a annoyed by it but eventually the flow of lower levels in dragonspyre trickled a near complete stop.

yea yea yea

its time for someone to tell the grand master to suck it up and learn to deal with it
adjust your strategy stock treasure cards in advance to prepare in case a lower level ports in

yea it is go when a lower player port in they can take of sheilds and ou be able to hit very big hits. i had one port in to a boss that kept shielding then he port in helping take of the shields so i could land hits on him.

wolfdreamwalker-level 60 legendary pyromancer 8)

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

Oh right sounds good to me now where is all this gold to buy extra treasure cards because some noob has just ruined my kill NOT a good idea your also a death we know the value of our feints in the game and what it also COST the caster to use them.
Yes it is a challenge this is a good thing However why do we have to put up with this oh yeah some other grand thought he would impress their friends by having them port in. BAD idea.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
On the game login screen, look at the first sentence under the heading:
Journey to Celestia

It says:

Merle has determined that Celestia is safe for his strongest Wizard students and players are now able to log in.

I think the key word here is strongest. Enough said.

Rogan Firehammer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

No way can you have to legends. And your probably a low lvl that just doesnt want to be told to leave cl.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

i wasnt here playing on wizards when DS came out and i get frustrated when i see a noob going lalalala skipping down the street and boom,skippy little noob in your fight.how can that not bother you?today id be ok with it if when in mooshu i when i was fighting some pigs for a quest about to die and boom,lvl3 just popped in. youll never guess what happend then,they fled,and i died,so then if that incident never happend,i would be OK with noobs in different worlds

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
ECAXTLY TY. OK i am a lvl 51.i deleted all th noobs on my list except 1. because if my friends port into cl they always ask
this has lower my friend list to aout 20 peoples. K I DO SOMETHING LIKE i you 30+ you may enter cl but not go into areas with enmies 40+ are welcome to anywhere. do this and solve probem

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
ok i found a solution to the people who port in on my fight.
i step out. and then wait a few minutes the join the game again.
if they can stay alive for those few minutes i step out again.
then when i go back into game i hit the home key continuously.

if i am in a dungeon and they port to me since i mostly solo i dont have to worry i enter outside the dungeon.

then i find a new realm and i put said LL on ignore

works for me.

and they do not port in on a fight again

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

No way can you have to legends. And your probably a low lvl that just doesnt want to be told to leave cl.

Yea dont answer cause you no im rite.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

Why should I have to overstock my deck in the unlikely event of a low level showing up in my fight? USE YOUR HEAD!

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
I agree, sort of. I dont have a problem with low levels in celestia just exploring, but it is downright irritating when they get in a battle, especially if they are "mute". They have no idea what they are doing and/or even how to do that which they seek to do. They use up your traps, which could end up losing you the battle. They WILL use all the traps put out there. I have never seen one that hasn't, unless they are told not to. There is nothing you can do to stop the "mutes" from ruining everything. :?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
They are being like that cause lets say they have a friend that is weak and has menu chat. then ports to you then messes up your traps. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE DOING THAT. Used your head, poster.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Its not that we have anything against them we're just trying to make the game better for all of us. Say if a lvl 45 wasnt spending all his/her time in cl THEY would already be in cl. If you dont waste time on things you shouldnt be doing you'll lvl up faster. Us grands and legends are just trying to get them to do THEIR quest so they can lvl faster. Idk why i didnt say this before.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
cameron225 wrote:
Well, the reason ppl get mad is a low level wizard comes to a high level world, then they get in a battle where a wizard who has earned the right to be there is fighting a couple monsters, well the low level wiz attracts another monster, they flee, and the wiz who should be there dies bcuz they r fighten three monsters. This has always been an problem so I would be mad too, yes there is no reason for yelling, but there is reason behind it. So ppl don't generally hav anythin against low levels (I think), its just the ones who mess up their battle, like a gm in cl put up all their traps and evrythin, well a low level comes and uses a wand spell on it and then the mob attacks after not being killed and the gm dies (or the low level). I kno I am a little low leveled, but I just wanted to say this.... correct me if I am wrong...

Amber Stormsong level 35 diviner

i agrre. ( i just read part of it and i thought it was well said)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
On the game login screen, look at the first sentence under the heading:
Journey to Celestia

It says:

Merle has determined that Celestia is safe for his strongest Wizard students and players are now able to log in.

I think the key word here is strongest. Enough said.

Rogan Firehammer

yea key word "STRONGEST"

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

NO! They ruin the fun for us! We actually had to WORK to get where we are. It's a second generation of Maguses and Apprentices. The first, which is now the Legendaries, had nobody to port to in higher worlds. Now we have to constantly deal with all the "Can someome take me to MooShu?" and the "I need help in the Throne Room of Fire!". That's what IRKS me! They join a battle and make another mob come. I AM SICK OF IT. KI, please make an unlock requirement to go to new worlds!

OK i feeling ya. we WORK to get to cl and low lvls think its ok to just PORT THERE!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to be nice but its getting into to big of a thing!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GET OUT OF CL, plz.