Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the Moon School has to go!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
trickster201 wrote:
To KI and whom ever this may concern,
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Hmmm... Are you talking about PVP? If so, why don't you just switch realms, then you won't have to face the Polymorph person again.

If you still have a problem, FYI, PVP isn't a requirment. Just don't play it.

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
No, it doesn't have to go. People lives with Polymorphs, like my best friends. If they have to fight a creature or someone their own school, they Polymorph. Don't complain just because you don't have the card. If this happens in pvp, just shield, as simple as that. If you don't have shields, well, can't help you there. People in Celestia needs to see what Celestia is really about, how the creatures and you can be strong.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Nijac has a good point. A polymorphed person will pretty much just use a single type of damage; locking themselves into said damage for 6 turns (and gaining the appropriate weaknesses).

On top of that, very very few polymorphs actually come with shields of any kind, meaning that unless they shielded themselves HARD before they polymorphed, you pretty much have 6 turns of beating them to a pulp without opposition.

And, don't forget, polymorphed forms generally have weak spells. No 7 or 8 pip spells for them.

In short, polymorph is actually pretty stunting if you're in PVP - unless the polymorpher got hold of a card and uses the spell at way under their required level.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
The solution is even more simple and could actually be fun. Poly counter spell cards. In PVE you could have a few bosses polying and cards to counter them :), in pvp the same. Perhaps the cards turn them into a lesser version of what they have morphed into ;) could be quite funny to play.

More options not less imho always make for a more interesting game.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
i really dont get all the PvP arguements and complaints. Its just two wizards going against each other. Whats the big deal. You people that are complaining are just mad cause your a low rank. Now, you might think that i am a high rank and just bragging, but i am still a private so dont push my buttons. xD

Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
trickster201 wrote:
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

You will unlock CL eventually, just level up a lot.

Paul mistglade
Master pyromancer
level 42

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Keep MOON SCHOOL. I am sure that most players that have made it to Celestia would agree. The Polymorphs are interesting and fun and in some boss fights can even the playing field a little better. I tried PvP with my first wizard and don't care for it anyway. Not near as much fun as PvE.

I am sure that in time KI can come up with a way to ban the use of Polymorphs in PvP, but until then, make the best of it or don't PvP. Or make sure you don't PvP with players that more than likely have Polymorphs.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Grand Master Pyromancer, level 58
Grand Master Balance, level 52

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
i am a young player.also i am a good wizard.(level 47)I think that it should stay. just because u can not use the spells does not mean other players can not.

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26
I agree very much. I saw someone on there turn into a BANSHEE!!! TOTALLY UNFAIR!!! Plus, I had always wanted to turn into a Banshee, they are SOOOOO cool! They could actually go onto the battlefeild (like enimies, their normal attacks when they get out of their sigil and in the middle of the battlefeild and do their normal attacks) and do that!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

WELL what are you going to do when your that level and NEED polymorphs, moon school is good for spirit schools because their weak, moon school fixes that i am working on training moon school, its really useful, I never use it in pvp because i dont think its fair either, but comes in handy at quest battles. Dustin battlehand lvl 54 myth wizard, Leader of the Golden Trolls, if anyone wishes to join, be a myth wizard and find me in cyclops lane by the smith (behind the park area across the water) or in shopping district (Vampire Realm). (any level acceptable)

Defender
May 12, 2009
Moon rocks and although I know what you're saying every school has to have it's advantages they already banned lower levels from getting the treasure cards (I tried some out before they did) And highler lvls should be able to use their star and moon to boost their spells and dominate faster. Plus assuming you cared to try a moon spell before posting you should now they decks only have a few cards that REALLY stick to the creature you morphed and not much traps on a lot of them. So I will keep using my moon while you battle the lower levels so you can have the unfair advantage.

Defender
May 12, 2009

It tecnically using your own deck because thoose cards are in your deck and the cards you get are like cards under the cards. So yes they are in your deck.

True but so confusing

P.S I am posting now that moon treasure cards are banned and it feels weird hearing people talking about it

Defender
May 12, 2009
Disastrous82 wrote:
Complaining about the moon school in PVP is ridiculous. If you do not like the way the PVP field currently is, then stay away from it! It is a separate part of the game, much like the pet pavilion.
And about those of you complaining about getting aggro while healing in Celestia: You are terrible healers. My life wizard is level 53 and has no problem healing anywhere in Celestia. You should take a look at how you play. Try to hold off the healing until you have traps, blades, and enough pips for an attack the turn after you heal. Aggro is no problem if the target is dead.

Another way is try to use rebirth more often to heal everyone including you dying self and shield so you will be able to heal if you notice aggro before you die

Defender
May 12, 2009
boylego8 wrote:
dont get rid of the moon school :( but change it to no pvp :)

Then that would be unfair because people learning star and sun would beat us hands down.

Also about the ranked matches, I remember always being pared up with people either way higher lvl than me or way lower! There should be a sort of lvl limit instead of being random

Defender
May 12, 2009
You know what if this tiny bit of the game means so much to you you might as well just quit and save us all some time

Defender
May 12, 2009
Kaboom88 wrote:
If you are level 26, don't play pvp with level 50+ wizards! What happened to all the common sense in the world?

Although I agree remember we can't control what the ranked matches give us and fleeing each time would really stink

Defender
May 12, 2009
wohwoh5 wrote:
kittyjack wrote:
I'm starting to think PvP should be changed to WvW. Whiner vs. Whiner... Come on guys, please!

:-( :-( :-( I totally agree. This post is funny but has a point. People need to stop complaining about the spells. If you cant beat them that just means you need to get some skill THEN come back to pvp. Use treasures if you want to whine so much. They can keep any hits at bay. But please get some talent then pvp. Moon school HELPS the person not using it in pvp. Gives you time to get ready for a big spell as soon as they change back. Or if your lucky it will make their health LOWER. Whats wrong with that people. Look at the glass half full not half empty.

I am up to mander and it is useless unless you are fighting with lost souls or friends because A) It only gives you a little life so if you are trying to blade yourself you might as well forget it and B) The strongest attack does one hundred damage so that means you (Jasmine) are either complaining about weaker opponents or fighting 54+

Defender
May 12, 2009
mychiller wrote:
Evil Polymorpehd, Tower Shielding spammer Gobblers! lol AATHey frieak me out. THey are green blobs of doom

lol, but if you aree worried about those tower shields I hope you never see mavra flamewing

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
i belive that this has been adressed in anathor post, the current design of pvp makes it so that the only way you will ever surrveive i fight is if you are a legendary, beacause the system takes no notice of the lvls, and just puts you in the next available match (this only applies to ranked matches). in this system, lvl 7 go against lvl 60. i agree that there must be some kind of change to fix this, but for now my only solution is to come back to pvp when you are a later lvl. that is what i did at least.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
It is obvious that most of the players would rather get rid of PvP than the new spells...maybe that is the way to go. PvP is such a minor part of the game it would be better to remove that cancer than remove a healthy organ.

pvp is not a small aspect. the game is now two games. one where you save the spiral, and another when you are simply a feirce warrior. i agree pvp is really anoying wild bolt is now worth a speck of dust, maybe less. pvp was designed as i see it, a never ending battle with the legendary who had done every quest in the game and doesnt want to lose there trophy that is there character. i mention in another post a pvp only deck that when cards where placed in they were changed for pvp purposes and then maybe poly morphs could not be placed in the deck because i do agree, the greatest computer is the human mind ( well, its perfect besides the fact that you cant downlod wiazrd101 on it :D) and thats harder to beat then any npc that you will ever encounter and i do agree the changes to spells are worth the while for pvp ONLY. we must comprimise and no one seems to see that

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Blizzard5641 wrote:
it is so unfair to lower lvl ppl who cant go there

No, it's not. Lower level wizards shouldn't be fighting legendary wizards at all. The boosts from gear, the difference in power pip levels, health, attack, defense, critical attacks, and a much more expansive and powerful collection of spells should make the outcome a forgone conclusion. It wasn't the polymorphs that won the day, it was the extreme difference in levels. Besides, it's not enough to be able to go there. The polymorph spells are level restricted. Please stop saying it's unfair that a low level wizard doesn't have access to something. You don't because you haven't done the work necessary to level up and complete storyline quests. Those who have do have access to those things and areas, as you will once you've put the time in.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well, this is obviously a PvP problem. Let me just say that moon Magic is, in my opinion, the best magic. I you're tired of getting owned by Polymorph spells, don't play PvP. It's the best contribution KI has made to Wizard101 and if you don't like it because it's an "unfair advantage"...well, that's too bad, isn't it?

You know why they got ride of the old bolt? You know why they got ride of chain stunning? It is because it required NO strategy. Which is exactly what polymoprhs are, no strategy. If you can't win with your own deck and cloths, you dont deserve to be in pvp in the first place. It's not player verses enemy that is overpowered controlled by another player. If you cant win with your own deck it is just sad

I disagree with your point entirely. I have two polymorphs and they give you spells, resistance and health, which could be part of your strategy. If you're not a healer and don't wan to buy back your points or can't then you get the treant polymorph. Sounds like you're just unhappy because you don't have a strategy and don't like it when you can't beat other people's strategy.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
I do not agree listen I do not agree...
Pleaze tell me your level if you are level 50+..
Dont whine plz just get them yourself..
But But!!!!
If you are level 50-
uh ya wait.... 8)
I am at krok I so call my self this so called ''noob''.
Now pleaze pleaze level up and et to cat bandit!!!
Autumn Shadowwhisper level 15 :? Life My moon is fini.
Alura Earthsong level 8 Balance Balance is everything
Alexa Windbreaker 1 ice My last is name is not sing

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
i disagree, true that it is hard to get. but getting a polymorph treasure card might may be possible. you just have to be patient. it will happen.