Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polymorph and critical need to get out of pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Really I am constantly fighting the same level 5 life wizard who always uses cat morph and hits with critical EVERY TIME. Then he has the audacity to call me a noob a hundred times, even though he is not using any attacks/cloths/etc. his own level. A cat morph is about the same as a level 55 storm without triton or judge, versing adepts and lower is so not fair

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Really I am constantly fighting the same level 5 life wizard who always uses cat morph and hits with critical EVERY TIME. Then he has the audacity to call me a noob a hundred times, even though he is not using any attacks/cloths/etc. his own level. A cat morph is about the same as a level 55 storm without triton or judge, versing adepts and lower is so not fair

this complaint is against polymorph and not critical... without polymorph at such a low level the critical problem wouldn't be there and at higher levels if you are foolish enough to play without critical blocking then you deserve to be hit with critical damages, upper level characters should be much stronger in comparison to lower level characters and critical damage is one of the things that seperates the two from each other

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a PvP issue, so that's probably where the post belongs.

Refuse to duel with people using exploits.

Put people on ignore who are being rude.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
or simply fix the celestia treasure cards to where you have to be 48+ to use them
they are designed for that level range not for a level 5 wizard to go buy them and run up his pvp score there should also be some fail safe in place to where you can ignore a person and not be picked to duel them again. i have ignored people and had to duel them still. sure it was a quiet match but they still cheated.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
seasnake wrote:

this complaint is against polymorph and not critical... without polymorph at such a low level the critical problem wouldn't be there and at higher levels if you are foolish enough to play without critical blocking then you deserve to be hit with critical damages, upper level characters should be much stronger in comparison to lower level characters and critical damage is one of the things that seperates the two from each other

Read the name of the forum, this is a complant about critical as well. And critical is just the new bolt/chain stunning. With critical and morph once again pvp requires no strategy. If you can't win with your own deck/cloths you shouldnt pvp-moon.
Critical is just the same as doing the same card with same prep twice in a row without paying extra times and pips. So this is in fact just as bad if not worse then the old bolt. Next time you want to be rude and smart go on central. You cant say what this forum is about to the person who WROTE the forum

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Read the name of the forum, this is a complant about critical as well. And critical is just the new bolt/chain stunning. With critical and morph once again pvp requires no strategy. If you can't win with your own deck/cloths you shouldnt pvp-moon.
Critical is just the same as doing the same card with same prep twice in a row without paying extra times and pips. So this is in fact just as bad if not worse then the old bolt. Next time you want to be rude and smart go on central. You cant say what this forum is about to the person who WROTE the forum

I do not and can not agree with you for the simple reason that players can get critical blocking equipment and when new worlds and levels come out even more blocking protection can be obtained and the creatures we go up against can have built in critical block protection. You might not like the critical hit and the critical block system but in terms of future expanding out the game these features will allow Wizard101 to have a do a lot.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
You guys are arguing about this but both seem to have missed the point. The original poster wanted a way to stop dueling a level 5 wizard that uses polymorph. Thats why I said level cap the treasure cards to 48+ (minimume level to start the quest line for Celestia) and the problem would be fixed.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
i think this is a good thing because YOU
get to use it too

]

Adam Dragonhunter 51 balance
8) 8) 8) 8)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
seasnake wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
seasnake wrote:

I do not and can not agree with you for the simple reason that players can get critical blocking equipment and when new worlds and levels come out even more blocking protection can be obtained and the creatures we go up against can have built in critical block protection. You might not like the critical hit and the critical block system but in terms of future expanding out the game these features will allow Wizard101 to have a do a lot.

You REALLY need to read EVERY word. I am talking about low levels vs low levels. Critical block gear is level 50 and up. Meaning you can't buy the gear and wear it for what I am talking about. From now on please read all of the forum or do not post, because now you are just spamming.

Defender
May 30, 2009
seasnake wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Dude, you need to make up your mind which side of the fence you are on here. Either you are FOR lower levels being able to kill higher levels with higher level spells or you are against. I have seen you complain that lower levels shouldnt be able to equip lvl 48 pets, lower levels using treasure cards, being able to purchase a treasure dispel for a school that is not yours, not to mention the countless other things about PvP you think is unfair.

This person stated that a lvl 5 should not be able to use polymorphs or even have the ability for critical hits. What you seem to be missing here isn't the fact of having critical blocking/hitting, its the ability of someone under the level of about 48 to use it. When you morph into the storm cat then it hits critically quite often which is something a lvl 5 shouldnt be able to do.

Also, if the OP is under lvl 50, then they can't obtain ANY critical blocking equipment so your argument here is not only useless, it has nothing to do with what the OP is complaining about in the first place. Try reading the post before commenting next time.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
When I read the title and what the OP origianlly wrote under it, to me it sounds like he wants critical and polymorph removed from PvP cause of low level play. If he wanted lower level players to not be able to use such cards then he should have chasen a title that indicated just that. My comments aren't all over the place they take a very hard stand on many issues and a lot of the confusion people may have with them is that I toss out many alternatives.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I see this all the time- people "GO OFF" on something, and they don't read the subject- READ THE SUBJECT EVERYONE before yous start going off about something the poster isn't complaining about- if you have a problem, start your own post instead of complaining about your own problems on someone's post. No disrespect, not trying to be mean, but this happens to me all the time, I start a post and no one reads what the subject is, and they start going off about something i never said.. READ IT ALL PLEASE & THANKS