Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire Stole my Robe

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, this is not EXACTLY like the title, but still. I am a pyromancer and when fighting Malistaire the only grand robes i get are storm and life. These are the most common. I really am tired of trying to get my fire robe.

But, anyway, I am lvl54 right now, so I shouldnt bother.

BUT I WANT IT! Please make it easier to get your school robe!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This complaint comes up several times a week.

Malistaire drops random items, with the robes seeming to drop a bit more often than other items do. The chance of getting your school's robe is probably around 1 in 20. You could get the item next time or not for the next 50 times.

If you have Crowns, you can also try Malistaire's chest ONCE per day for 50 Crowns, then wait for 24 hours so the cost will reset. In my opinion, there's no point in trying the chest more than once a day, since you'll have to spend 100, 150, 200, etc. Crowns. You'll have just as good of a chance for 50 Crowns as for more.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I agree, maybe a little better drop rate, but still, you would still get the other school robe because they would have to raise all drop rates XD

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Keep trying. You will get it. I got it 5 or more times. lost count and I'm not fire

Historian
May 28, 2009
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Death is least commonly dropped. That is what I am so you just need good luck.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
There should be a chest so you can try again for the object.

Remember, all this comes up randomly.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
The robe can be tough to get thats a fact, but just remember, its all about luck even if some have higher drop rates than others.
In fact, i got my balance robe first try :-)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
if he not drop try his chest i got fire storm balance death ice life and myth from it hope this helps

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Survivor
May 19, 2010
Well, to all of you who are having problems in getting your level 50 robe or other gears i have one trick up on my sleeves :-D.

Well, i have 2 legendary
Caitlin SparkleHeart Legendary Theurgist
Heather DreamWeaver Legendary Sorcerer &
Heather FireTamer Grandmaster Pyromancer (58)

All of my wizards got their own level 50 gears
and after getting my level 50 gear on my life wizard i found out the trick to get it. Make sure that you are going to kill Malistaire using your own SCHOOL SPELLS (well, its not exactly like you have to kill Malistaire just make sure you can make huge damage to him.). I've done this trick to all my wizards and they always work specially on my fire wiz she got 2 level 50 gears :-D

Hope this tip helps ya :-D

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
wesleywild wrote:
if he not drop try his chest i got fire storm balance death ice life and myth from it hope this helps

So basically every scholl's robe from the chest.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Okay, this is not EXACTLY like the title, but still. I am a pyromancer and when fighting Malistaire the only grand robes i get are storm and life. These are the most common. I really am tired of trying to get my fire robe.

But, anyway, I am lvl54 right now, so I shouldnt bother.

BUT I WANT IT! Please make it easier to get your school robe!

I got mine on fourth time. Just keep trying and eventually you will get it.

James Skull Wielder
legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I have done malisatre like 12 times, and he STILL hasn't given me the death robe! The only robes I have ever gotten from him were the fire and storm ones! KI plz make malisatre drop the death robe more. plz!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
colagada wrote:
This complaint comes up several times a week.

Malistaire drops random items, with the robes seeming to drop a bit more often than other items do. The chance of getting your school's robe is probably around 1 in 20. You could get the item next time or not for the next 50 times.

If you have Crowns, you can also try Malistaire's chest ONCE per day for 50 Crowns, then wait for 24 hours so the cost will reset. In my opinion, there's no point in trying the chest more than once a day, since you'll have to spend 100, 150, 200, etc. Crowns. You'll have just as good of a chance for 50 Crowns as for more.

That is really true

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Well, I know that everything is dropped randomly, but I just feel like i've been cheated. I fought Malistaire three times, used his chest until it was up to 750, got every other drop of his at least 3 times and still none of the storm robe.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Even though I am not level fifty i tried the dungeon and got a fire robe the first try. So my advice to you is that as long as you beleive in your spells and yourself you will get your robe or something worth the whole great spyre.I am pretty close to level fifty so if you want some help i will gladly help you. :-) :) :) I will help you if you dont get it then i guess we can try again. If you want help my name is Scarlet Ghostblood and i have an adult heckhound called Xena. :)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
Death is least commonly dropped. That is what I am so you just need good luck.
yea im mad cause im lvl 47 death and never get and dropped deat robes!

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Oh yeah, the other day I went to the chest.
Most of you wouldnt believe me, but I got every single school robe except fire.