Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

open chat broken?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I used the 39$ card for my first account ever, and used it for a month of subscription, and all the goodies.. but the option to turn on open chat has not come up, is that a bug, or another issue I don't know?

Since any player of any age can purchase the PrePaid cards in stores, they do not qualify to open up the 18+ Open Chat.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
i baught a card $20 and i cannt set date of birth email and cannt change
my open chat disable/enable i really wannt open chat
i didnt pay $20 for no free chat :(

Prepaid Gift Cards purchased in the store cannot be used as proof of age. We've explained this repeatedly (in this same thread). Since anyone of any age can purchase the prepaid cards in stores, they cannot be used as verification of age over 18.

If you want to enable Open Chat for players over the age of 18, you can only do so with a valid credit card (not a gift card, not a gift certificate). Period.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.