Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical hits

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
colagada wrote:
Are you referring to PvP?
Well, I think it ruins that to but at the time I was not. I was referring to the game overall.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I don't mind critical hits in the game as players get hit by criticals just as often as they critically hit. What I think may ruin the game though is in December when about everyone will get pets with a dragon blade on it, and I am not yet sure how the sea dragon pet will affect the game.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
bravevline wrote:
in my opinion critical hits have ruined this game.

Why? I think it adds more unpredictability to the game, thus making more fun, in my opinion. Maybe you don't like unpredictability.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The reason why is because pvp will be more luck, not wisdom or skill or smarts, other then that when you fight bosses they always get critical hits and when you finally get one they block it so it's just an unfair advantage for them.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
the worst part about a critial hit is when the mobs and bosses start off with anywhere from 6 - 8 pips each and they each hit you with a 6 pip spell and and each gets a critial hit/boost to go with it, you can be a dead wizard before you even get to cast one spell. granted its random but still i'd like to be able to at least get one hit in before i die.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009