Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

auction house

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
it would be a great idea to add a auction house . every one wins things they don't need or cant use, but like they say one mans trash is another mans treasure . so say i was death and won a great wand for balance class only i could take it to the auction house and put it up for auction . i could set a starting bid price and a buy out price , the auction could last three days befor it got sent back to you then you could put back maybe with a lower price. that way people could make some extra gold . maybe even give a option to sell it for say gold or crowns or both like 2000 G or 5 C.
you could auction grand gear, hats, wands ,decks, treasure cards , every thing you win and even pets :D
i think this would be a great addition to a all ready great game. and when something you put up for sell got purchased you would get a message and the gold would be sent to your bank in your dorm or house. what do you guys think.

Administrator
Wizard101 has a Bazaar!

Players can sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. He'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If he already have lots of the item you are selling then he will pay you less gold for yours. If he' low or out of stock on the item you are selling, he will pay you more gold! No matter what, he will always offer a better price than other shopkeepers.

You can also buy items from him that other players have sold. The more of an item he has, the cheaper it will be, and the fewer of an item he has, the more expensive it will be. If you see an item you like, buy it, it may not be there next time you visit.

All prices are based on the current stock of items, so shop often for that special bargain, young Wizards! And don't worry, if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in his inventory - he's got all the Realms covered!

You'll find him in the Bazaar building in Olde Town - look for the big signs!

Note players cannot set their own prices for items.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Yes, we all know how the bazaar works, but that wasnt the actual suggestion.

I would like to know why we cannot have an actual auction house as he is suggesting where we set our own prices for gold or crowns.

Please explain why this cannot be added instead of the generic "This will not be added" or "This is not a part of" statements.

Administrator
We chose this type of Bazaar as it fits best with our players age group and game dynamics. Games with an economy similar to the idea posed, invite too many negative elements such as real world trade and price fixing. To keep the game as fair for all as possible, we have chosen not to enable player trading of equipment, or price setting.

Just because another game does it one way, doesn't mean it's the best way for our game.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010