Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WHERE ARE THE OTHER MINIONS ???

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008

I know that Myth Wizards get Minions often; but I understand there are other Minions, too, for the various Schools.

If anyone knows, could you tell me how other Schools get their Minions? School, Level, and Quest (if you would please) ....

Administrator
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest. (this is from memory, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 7, 18 and 38

Hope that helps.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest. (this is from memory, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Myth - levels 7, 18 and 38

Hope that helps.

Thank you, Professor; I was not able to get any of that information before, not even on the (so-called) Wizard 101 Wiki.

I would like to offer a suggestion: A Zero-Pip Minion for each School, like the Living Puppet for Myth School. It would help, since finding willing help for some Quests even early on is hard sometimes. Here are some suggestions for what these could be:

Life: A Twig Servant (a figure that looks like a plant)
Death: A Dusty Soul (a thin skeleton wearing a torn shirt)
Fire: A Flickering Flame (A whispy figure made of flames)
Ice: An Icy Soul (A stick-person made from ice)
Storm: A Rusted Golem (An old robot with sparking joints)
Balance: A Sand Spirit (A thin figure made from sand; no legs)

This is my Opinion; and I am voicing it respectfully ....

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Can somebody please explain to me the idea of minions in this game? I got balance as my initial school, and went myth because summoning minions sounds cool. I'm level 14 now and I've yet to figure out minions. I get plenty of spells that summon monsters to attack from the myth school, but they just hang around for the duration of my round in combat and do their one attack. Are minions just a fancy name for spells that summon certain monsters to do damage? (though all of the spells seem to do that). Do I only get minions from my main school? Please help me understand ><.

Administrator
As a Balance Wizard, you will receive a quest to get your Balance minion at levels 18 and 38.

A minion is a creature that you summon who takes up the battle with you by occupying one of the other combat circles on your side of the duel area.
You can only have minions from your school of focus, so if you really want minions, you can start a Myth Wizard (you can have up to 6 Wizards at a time!) and see if you like that school.

Give your Balance minion a try, the Helpful Mander you receive at level 18 is rather helpful!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
Um ok then i have a very big issue.

Just made a balance wizard, she is lvl 22, no minion.....

Am i missing something?

Administrator
Then perhaps you should visit your Professor more often! He should have given you this quest when you turned 18. If he has a silver question mark over his head, you already have the quest in your quest book but just haven't completed it yet. Go through and complete some of the quests that have been sitting in your quest journal.

Good luck!

antaybh wrote:

Am i missing something?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
My balance is level 20, and I don't have that minion either. Maybe it is a different level than 18?

I dunno, I'm just guessing.

Hero
May 02, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Then perhaps you should visit your Professor more often! He should have given you this quest when you turned 18. If he has a silver question mark over his head, you already have the quest in your quest book but just haven't completed it yet. Go through and complete some of the quests that have been sitting in your quest journal.

Good luck!

antaybh wrote:

Am i missing something?

I have a question too. I think that I might already know the aswer to this question, but figured I ask a teacher here, like you.

My question is this. Why do Death wizards get the most minions for, and how come those minions level up and not the rest of the minions?

Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
In my case im lvl 32...and still no minion or quest for one..

Im wondering if missed something or what.

Im now on all 4 worlds and even own a imperial palace..

Still trying to understand what it takes to get a minion.

I never did get a minion spell or quest.
Though i did get various benefits to having spells as given by level improvements.

Administrator
Chances are, either you did not pick up the quest from your Professor or it is sitting in your Quest Journal awaiting completion.

Check with your Professor first, and if there's a silver question mark over his/her head, then you're currently working on a quest for them.

Then check your Quest Journal, see any quests in there you've had for a while and haven't completed? One of those is most likely the quest to get your minion.

Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Nope,

Im very much into looking at what quests I have...and regularly go see professor..[pretty much every time I go to the bazzar or minigames I will go wizardcity for these two and visit professor just in case.

I did once get a 'come see professor' asap ..but it never showed as a quest or anything else... but i think that was level 20 or 25.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
what i might have gotten..and maybe thereby its my confusion ..
was about lvl 25-29 i got the spells for firecat & similar ... easier and free ..

But either I need a spell to cast the minion ...or what?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Ok
School
Spell Name
Level : who gives it - name of quest

This is as much as I can find....

Death:
Animate
Lvl 28: Dworgyn - Learning a Lesson
defeat freddy nine lives nine times in marlybone

Fire:
Fire Elemental
Lvl 26: Dalia Falmea - Burning Books
Talk to Anna Flamewright in Firecat Alley
Talk to Harold Argleston in the Wizard City Library
Talk to Sherlock Bones in Digmoore Station in Marleybone
Talk to Ms. Marphely in Chelsea Court in Marleybone
Locate Criminal Hideout in Chelsea Court
Defeat Mr. Incinerator and Collect Falmea's Book
Return book to Dalia Falmea

Storm:
Water Elemental
lvl: ?? Halston Balestrom - Test Your Might
Defeat Typhoon Krakens

Ice:
Ice Guardian
lvl 28: Lydia Greyrose - Chilling Information
Talk to Mayor Pimsbury in Marleybone

Life:
Sprite Guardian
lbl 18: ??? - The Missing Gem
???

Myth:
Cyclops Minion
lvl ??: Cyrus Drake - ??
??

Balance:
Mander Minion
lvl 18: Niles, the Balance Tree - Bugging Out
Go to Olde Town and summon the Scorpion King

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
As it is, the game is begginng to get boring, and im not even close to half way thru the game.

but finding out recently that its more about getting thru chelsa court in marly than levels i think may have more to do with it.

From what ive found, its more that than much else.

But note, the above is a asssumption.

Despite previous comments, chking with the professors is not the issue as i proabbly chk in 2-3 times a week when playing often.

I tend to get various 'quests' in same area done, instead of doing each one to its end... ..less back and forth.

Thats why my grandson is still lvl 15 ...he has yet to do many of the starting quests... per jumping around too much.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
flash33 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Good luck!

antaybh wrote:

Am i missing something?

I have a question too. I think that I might already know the aswer to this question, but figured I ask a teacher here, like you.

My question is this. Why do Death wizards get the most minions for, and how come those minions level up and not the rest of the minions?

Thank you for your time.
I posted a question like this look under wizard city and somewhere in the second page i have this question up.