Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big problem with PvP!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
I'm sorry KI but you obviously haven't tested the new spells very well!
Skeletal Dragon is overpowered and impossible to defeat!
Legendary death has 60 boost from clothing + gargantium + aura + two blade on skeletal (with the chance of critical)
What do you make about that?
Shields are to no avail as full pips they can hit it twice in a row :(

I have just lost 3 ranks in 5 fights against a death opponment and there is nothing i can do :(
Please dont post saying that the fault lies with my style of fighting
Ice as second school they have storm and towers
I hope that KI have the sense to even out PvP as soon as possible!

Historian
May 15, 2009
i am sorry, but it IS your style of fighting
insteads of complaining about how you feel it is "overpowered" you could be devising strategies to defeat this new challenge
if i were you i would buy a ton of death shields and place it in my treasure deck
just spam death shields

if they have time to prepare all you have mention then you have time to spam treasure deaths shields

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
insteads of complaining about how you feel it is "overpowered" you could be devising strategies to defeat this new challenge
if i were you i would buy a ton of death shields and place it in my treasure deck
just spam death shields

if they have time to prepare all you have mention then you have time to spam treasure deaths shields

OK i didnt get to PvP warlord without knowing how to fight!
And there was no need to be rude
I had only death shields in my treasure deck and i put about 12 on in one fight but that wont stop them.
They spam storm, myth (to stop converts) and tower shields and i dont have a hope of hitting off them and no matter how many shields i have on it wont help me defeat them before they eventually brake down shields and kill me.

I'm guessing you are either a death wizard who is delighted with his new-found way of owning PvP, balance who hate anyone who is storm, or somebody who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about!

The PvP system is once again - unbalanced, my guess is they made other schools so good thinking that storms advantage would be that it had wild bolt - but when they neutralized wild bolt it left storm way underpowered.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If your opponents have time to blade up and get to full pips in PvP you are doing something wrong. I'm personally more worried about ice's new spell (that thing hits hard and ice can tank damage for awhile) than about the cards of death. As a storm player, I hate dispels more than anything else including the new cards.

Historian
May 15, 2009
rupertjames wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
just spam death shields

OK i didnt get to PvP warlord without knowing how to fight!
And there was no need to be rude
I had only death shields in my treasure deck and i put about 12 on in one fight but that wont stop them.
They spam storm, myth (to stop converts) and tower shields and i dont have a hope of hitting off them and no matter how many shields i have on it wont help me defeat them before they eventually brake down shields and kill me.

I'm guessing you are either a death wizard who is delighted with his new-found way of owning PvP, balance who hate anyone who is storm, or somebody who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about!

The PvP system is once again - unbalanced, my guess is they made other schools so good thinking that storms advantage would be that it had wild bolt - but when they neutralized wild bolt it left storm way underpowered.

and you call me rude?
two wrongs don't make a right

if your still having troubles use DISPELS
not only does it make them fizzle if it cost any pips it subtracts those from their total pip count
and FYI i have a legendary diviner
AND i have gotten to warlord and still maintain my title

like i said if you are having issues use shields and dispels
tower shields are good too
and if your still having issues try using earthquake that will kill their shields

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
no its not his fighting style i am a balance and yeah he is right it takes everthing i have to fight off death and then reshufles to so i can see how someone thats not balance would have a even bigger problem ki you are wrong some people have to treasure attack to have room for all there defense and healing spells and even with that death is still hard to hold off you really didnt take the time on the new spells and without new arena gear you have made it useless i have been a regular paying customer of yours for awhile but i tell you have runied pvp and the arean gear that worked so hard to gain if you dont fix it i am sory to say i will be leaving wizards

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
aracon wrote:
no its not his fighting style i am a balance and yeah he is right it takes everthing i have to fight off death and then reshufles to so i can see how someone thats not balance would have a even bigger problem ki you are wrong some people have to treasure attack to have room for all there defense and healing spells and even with that death is still hard to hold off you really didnt take the time on the new spells and without new arena gear you have made it useless i have been a regular paying customer of yours for awhile but i tell you have runied pvp and the arean gear that worked so hard to gain if you dont fix it i am sory to say i will be leaving wizards

from reading this post it sounds like although it is taking you forever to fight off death as balance that you are still winning against death as balance and if that is the case I can not feel sorry for you as you are still winning over death... as balance, losing god like status can't be fun for you though

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
seasnake wrote:
aracon wrote:

from reading this post it sounds like although it is taking you forever to fight off death as balance that you are still winning against death as balance and if that is the case I can not feel sorry for you as you are still winning over death... as balance, losing god like status can't be fun for you though
yes i am still winning i am merly stating that its not the dudes battling style i can see where other schools other than balance wouldnt be able to stop death :D

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
Personally I am getting tired of people complaining about PvP and it having an impact on PvE. They are changing too much due to PvP and it is time they stop, IMHO

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
OK you are missing the point in all this, this game was not based around PVP this is not a PVP game they made spells for you to go along with the story, and yes ok some spells are "over powered" then others but to every greatness comes a weakness all you have to do is find it.

Defender
May 30, 2009
rupertjames wrote:

Hmm... To me it just sounds like you're a sore loser. You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you face someone who is more prepared than you and all you can really do is suck it up, learn from it, and move on.

-Jessica SkullSlinger

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
First Storm was way ahead with chainers they never really fixed that problem you could beat them if you had a good team.. Now with new spells I love them all finally life has multi attack so now they can be more usefull in pvps rather than just healers.. for every attack the is defense for..and I mean all of them only problem I can see really is what cards to choose for PVP deck..We used to see storms and myth now they hate PVP because they cant chain stun HAHAHAHA Now you see life and death great combo if you ask me, But what I
do is keep death/shield on easy format. Its new times and fun times for us who PVP all the time.. But once again its all under Deck control I personally only keep few cards on hand and Yes i have the 250 card goes great with my DRAGON problem is using blades because I need to shield so my advice to all PVPers is Control your deck. Now the chainers have left PVP its all new and you must learn new defenses is all I love the 4v4 because i can either shield or blade others for thier attacks.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
rupertjames wrote:
Legendary death has 60 boost from clothing + gargantium + aura + two blade on skeletal (with the chance of critical)

I have just lost 3 ranks in 5 fights against a death opponment and there is nothing i can do :(

What cant fight now because you no longer have the edge over other PvPers get over it!! shield up like the other posts said.

I know maybe KI should take the spell out just to make you happy.

Michael RedBlood and yes iam death!!!!

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
It cracks me up that you are complaining about the skeletal dragon because i hate it, and I am death. It stinks in pvp. Takes 8 pips, and the other person can block easy with shields??

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Someone said PVP isn't bad, it's just our "style of fighting"? Whatever! It's NOT fighting! Is it fighting when a bunch of 60's spend 10 minutes saving up all their pips, sheilds, charms and traps just for one final 3000 point hit? No! That's not fighting! There's no battlefield on earth where that would work! I've sent endless notes to testers to fix this to no avail. I'm starting a petiton now to swear off PVP forever and if that doesn't work just drop your account! My friends and I have had enough!

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
i think that its not a problem i have a death lvl 59 i doing great in pvp but its not like i win all the time. i lose a lot to its just how things are

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
rupertjames wrote:

How bout you get to lvl 58 and get your spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
rupertjames wrote:

i strongly suggest using weakness. as you know shields can easy be killed by skeleton dragon unless you have a lot of them

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
I think that all storm has to do now is vengance then end him with livetian I been playing for like a year and I was a catain one away from commander so listen to me death thingy is not evan strong I think that you can block it with weakness or just blakkmanttle intil you lord treasure black manttle then lord then keep doing blackmantlle the levethian then you win simmple as that.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
First Ice and Death are hard to beat but can be defeated I win against both and have lost to both. My one concern is with medussa if Myth goes first hits with it I lose my pips no chance to make an attack I dont mind being stunned for a few rounds but cant I keep my Pips is this a bug? If so KI needs to fix ASAP

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
rupertjames wrote:

get some strategy and dont complain to KI because you dont no how to fight

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ravenhecate wrote:
Personally I am getting tired of people complaining about PvP and it having an impact on PvE. They are changing too much due to PvP and it is time they stop, IMHO

true

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Its the actual good spell that death has for 1v1 besides wraith. get use to it or get a strategy they're all the rage

Survivor
May 18, 2010
rupertjames wrote:

Ok first of all the skeletal dragon spell is not overpowered, the reson that you might say that ( and yes i'm a legendary death wizard) is because it does ( and correct me if i'm wrong ) it does more damage than the lvl 58 storm spell but it does it overtime and btw if any of you death wizards agree that death spells usually are not as strong as the other schools especially storm and skeletal dragon doesn't steal health... i'm glad that KI gave us death wizards a strong spell. 8) 8)