Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia is far too difficult...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
I am a Grandmaster myth wizard with decent gear and am having such a hard time in celestia that I have literally given up with it for the last two days and have been grinding xp in dragonspyre for a few levels...

I just don't see how it's even possible unless you are with 3 other players constantly, I have played since the first month of Wizard101 and am a pretty decent player but I still get killed every other match unless I join others in a battle which makes me feel rather weak to be honest....

Kingsisle please fix the difficulty scaling, I have talked with others on Wizard101 central and 75% of the people I have met agree with me, the others say they want the challenge and enjoy having a 50% chance of survival every solo battle... but to be honest MOST players don't enjoy that, It's a cool world but I just feel it's too difficult for the average player to succeed in, please KinsIsle I'm begging you, lower the difficulty ;)

Historian
May 15, 2009
the whole point of celestia is to work together
i thought this would be obvious after the final countdown in dragonspyre
the whole point of the game is to work together
but... yea i do agree with you when you first start out in celestia it IS quite difficult

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Chaos Magician....

Are you honestly saying that adults who find time to play the game after the kids are in bed, or college students after the night classes and homework, or those who work the evening shift shouldn't play in Celestia?

Honestly?

If you log on after 11 pm on the west coast, just after work for me, it can be dead in the upper worlds...all the realms perfect, and your weekend friends list completely blank. So...we aren't supposed to play when we can find time?

KI has never been bigoted vs working people before, and I sure hope they aren't now. One little dungeon, playable on weekends (Final Countdown) is just marginally okay for these responsible working adults, but... you are saying to play this game we can only play on weekends?

Honestly, is this what you are really saying?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I would much prefer difficult as compared to the ease of several zones that have been nerfed.

Historian
May 15, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Chaos Magician....

Are you honestly saying that adults who find time to play the game after the kids are in bed, or college students after the night classes and homework, or those who work the evening shift shouldn't play in Celestia?

Honestly?

If you log on after 11 pm on the west coast, just after work for me, it can be dead in the upper worlds...all the realms perfect, and your weekend friends list completely blank. So...we aren't supposed to play when we can find time?

KI has never been bigoted vs working people before, and I sure hope they aren't now. One little dungeon, playable on weekends (Final Countdown) is just marginally okay for these responsible working adults, but... you are saying to play this game we can only play on weekends?

you need to stay in the ambrose realm, that always has a lot of students in it even during down time

not to mention you need to try and find people in your time zone who plays also and set up times to meet after work for you

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Travalanche wrote:
I am a Grandmaster myth wizard with decent gear and am having such a hard time in celestia that I have literally given up with it for the last two days and have been grinding xp in dragonspyre for a few levels...

I too am a Grandmaster Myth Wizard, currently lvl 55 and have solo'd my way up to this point, INCLUDING bosses, save the 2 in the grotto that needs a team.

I'm still in lvl 50 gear. I don't even use the new free hat.

I love the new world and its challenges. The key to adapting in Cel is to toss out your old way of playing and look at the tools/strategies at your disposal. Here are a few tips that I found very helpful:

DEFENSE
1. Study the enemy(s). Know his school. Know the spells in his school.
2. Prepare your defense. Use treasure cards to ensure you get a shield up the very first round or two. This means tossing ALL unnecessary cards out of the side deck.
3. Use the Minion early for taunts. You must survive the first 3 rounds of combat with high health to ensure a victory.
4. Get a neck-piece that gives you a tower shield card. Use it when it is dealt.
5. Ditch Feint if you have it, or if you keep it in your deck use it at the end of battle for a final surge with a death blow.
6. Toss out all unnecessary spells in your deck and replace them with strong offense cards. There is a reason why we are allowed so many copies in our school deck. Use them.
7. Do get Life up to Satyr for your own sanity (retrain if needed).
8. BLADE BLADE BLADE... go easy on traps... remember for every round you are not using a damage spell, the mob is building pips and big spells for you. So if you wait till you have a blade AND a trap up before you use a damage spell, thats TWO rounds that TWO mobs are licking their chops.

OFFENSE
1. You MUST be delivering damage to the enemy as early as possible. Do NOT try to build up your pips for big spells in the first few rounds.
2. You are trying to level the playing field in the first few rounds. You WANT the mobs to hit you to blow all those pips they have when you enter into the duel. The sooner they hit you, the sooner you can start building your pips for big attacks.
3. Watch the enemy pair. There is always ONE mob that is weaker or dumber. Some examples: one mob will always shield himself and the other will not. One mob may act as a 'healer' to his buddy. Always take out the mob that is weakest first, unless you have a good strategic reason not to. The weaker mob can be eliminated faster.
4. You do have the Minator Minion out for the first few rounds right? he should taunt on the second round, unless he is distracted. HINT: never throw traps on the left mob (as you face) because the Minion most often hits the left most mob first. He will steal the trap from you that you are intending to help with your own offensive spell.
5. Use the FROG to chip away at multiple mobs hit points. Use the FROG as a final blow. Get creative with your low level spells... they are one of your biggest assets.

OTHER TIPS
1. Don't be afraid to die. Dying helps you to learn your new strategies. I've died several times trying to figure out how to beat a boss. If I can't figure it out, I do something else, and then come back to it when I am more relaxed.
2. Do call a buddy to help with a boss if you get really frustrated. I have found however that generally most of the bosses are less difficult than the street mobs.
3. The early rooms in Celestia with the fish and sharks are very over powered. There needs to be some balancing done here. The bright side is you will learn your new strategies here and if you do, you can breeze through the rest of Celestia (well, breeze through may be a bit zealous).
4. If you like to solo, turn off the option for your friends to port to you at will. They usually will bring with them more mobs and more pain, most likely when you are at the end of your hard won battle and low on health.

Well sorry for the long wall of text but I do hope I've given you some pointers. Be happy to answer any questions you might have as well.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
i my self think celestia is to difficult to play solo. and i play most of all wizard101 solo and i don't like always playing with other. i play a lot of games .in my life all by my self.and never had as much diffcult as celestia.i think that this was a mom ,dad and kids game but now my kids cant do this so its way to hard for them cant get pass some of the boss a lone. why should we pay for something that they cant get pass . it like you for got the kids mine are under 10 year old and i like playing games with them. wizard was and still can be a great game if they think of the kids first and how hard it should be for them.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Travalanche wrote:

I just don't see how it's even possible unless you are with 3 other players constantly, I have played since the first month of Wizard101 and am a pretty decent player but I still get killed every other match unless I join others in a battle which makes me feel rather weak to be honest....

Kingsisle please fix the difficulty scaling, I have talked with others on Wizard101 central and 75% of the people I have met agree with me, the others say they want the challenge and enjoy having a 50% chance of survival every solo battle... but to be honest MOST players don't enjoy that, It's a cool world but I just feel it's too difficult for the average player to succeed in, please KinsIsle I'm begging you, lower the difficulty ;)

Yes at first time I play solo in Celestia was hard but is way better to team up with friends. Make new friends and help each other and everything will be possible!

Austin StormCaster
Legendary Diviner

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Thank you Zobalah for the well thought out essay on preparation and logical attacks as well as the old experimental methods. While I might persoanlly tinker a bit with your ROE (Rules of Engagement) they are sound and tested. More than half of these can be applied to all schools with a bit of personal modifications.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I'm glad to see more and more messages being posted that are actually giving people tips and suggestions now. Before it was mostly name calling and telling people to go back to easier worlds.

I admit that at first I had a lot of problems in Celestia....dying repeatably. I understand where everyone is coming from on the difficulty part. I too would rather solo as much as I can. But sometimes you just have to go with others.

I don't really consider myself all that great at strategy. But luckily I've met up with a few really great people that have helped me tremendously and for that I thank them very much.

Also...I've picked up a lot of tips from the message boards about deck construction, gear type etc. That has helped even more.

I'm now at level 60 and am enjoying it more day by day. Looking forward to getting the rest of my wizards into Celestia as well.

I hope everyone that is having problems gets a helping hand. Good luck to all!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Thank you Zobalah for the well thought out essay on preparation and logical attacks as well as the old experimental methods. While I might persoanlly tinker a bit with your ROE (Rules of Engagement) they are sound and tested. More than half of these can be applied to all schools with a bit of personal modifications.

Good suggestions Zobalah...I also make pretty liberal use of treasure cards...I just buy them at the bazaar...I like to cast Minotaur and when he dies a life minion who usually can through one or two healing spells before she dies and that keeps me going until the end...

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Travalanche wrote:

Difficult? O.o um well it sure isn't difficult to me. That is cause I actually LET FRIENDS HELP. Really man, I like the difficulty. It is easy yet hard. It can't be as easy as the other worlds. That would make no sense. KI keep the difficulty. We need a challenge...

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Chaos Magician....

Honestly?

I'm sorry, but did you read what they are saying? I think you turned left some where when you should have went right. I think that the author was stating that CL is difficult for them and others to solo. If I am understanding them correctly and I am pretty sure that I am, is that they believe the only way that they can survive and advance is by joining others fight or having help.

It has nothing to do with when you can play and what age you are or if you have a right to play in CL.

As a myth player, I am finding it difficulty to solo as well. I am fortunate that I have to accounts and have a Grand Life on it. Otherwise, I would not have got has far as I have. I am enjoying the challenges of CL, put some of the street are a little more difficult.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Zabalah wrote:
Travalanche wrote:

I too am a Grandmaster Myth Wizard, currently lvl 55 and have solo'd my way up to this point, INCLUDING bosses, save the 2 in the grotto that needs a team.

I'm still in lvl 50 gear. I don't even use the new free hat.

I love the new world and its challenges. The key to adapting in Cel is to toss out your old way of playing and look at the tools/strategies at your disposal. Here are a few tips that I found very helpful:

Thank you for the tips.
Although I am still have problems soloing with CL (Please KI don't change the way it is), I have found other ways to help me solo and am still learning more.

DEFENSE
1. Study the enemy(s). Know his school. Know the spells in his school.
2. Prepare your defense. Use treasure cards to ensure you get a shield up the very first round or two. This means tossing ALL unnecessary cards out of the side deck.
3. Use the Minion early for taunts. You must survive the first 3 rounds of combat with high health to ensure a victory.
4. Get a neck-piece that gives you a tower shield card. Use it when it is dealt.
5. Ditch Feint if you have it, or if you keep it in your deck use it at the end of battle for a final surge with a death blow.
6. Toss out all unnecessary spells in your deck and replace them with strong offense cards. There is a reason why we are allowed so many copies in our school deck. Use them.
7. Do get Life up to Satyr for your own sanity (retrain if needed).
8. BLADE BLADE BLADE... go easy on traps... remember for every round you are not using a damage spell, the mob is building pips and big spells for you. So if you wait till you have a blade AND a trap up before you use a damage spell, thats TWO rounds that TWO mobs are licking their chops.

OFFENSE
1. You MUST be delivering damage to the enemy as early as possible. Do NOT try to build up your pips for big spells in the first few rounds.
2. You are trying to level the playing field in the first few rounds. You WANT the mobs to hit you to blow all those pips they have when you enter into the duel. The sooner they hit you, the sooner you can start building your pips for big attacks.
3. Watch the enemy pair. There is always ONE mob that is weaker or dumber. Some examples: one mob will always shield himself and the other will not. One mob may act as a 'healer' to his buddy. Always take out the mob that is weakest first, unless you have a good strategic reason not to. The weaker mob can be eliminated faster.
4. You do have the Minator Minion out for the first few rounds right? he should taunt on the second round, unless he is distracted. HINT: never throw traps on the left mob (as you face) because the Minion most often hits the left most mob first. He will steal the trap from you that you are intending to help with your own offensive spell.
5. Use the FROG to chip away at multiple mobs hit points. Use the FROG as a final blow. Get creative with your low level spells... they are one of your biggest assets.

OTHER TIPS
1. Don't be afraid to die. Dying helps you to learn your new strategies. I've died several times trying to figure out how to beat a boss. If I can't figure it out, I do something else, and then come back to it when I am more relaxed.
2. Do call a buddy to help with a boss if you get really frustrated. I have found however that generally most of the bosses are less difficult than the street mobs.
3. The early rooms in Celestia with the fish and sharks are very over powered. There needs to be some balancing done here. The bright side is you will learn your new strategies here and if you do, you can breeze through the rest of Celestia (well, breeze through may be a bit zealous).
4. If you like to solo, turn off the option for your friends to port to you at will. They usually will bring with them more mobs and more pain, most likely when you are at the end of your hard won battle and low on health.

Well sorry for the long wall of text but I do hope I've given you some pointers. Be happy to answer any questions you might have as well.

I am having problems soloing CL, but I hope KI doesn't change it. I like the challenge. It makes you think. For those who are saying this is too difficult for children, what are they going to do in life? My daughter looks for help when she can't solo and have changed her hand to help her with the battles. It is possible.

These are some things that I have done to my deck.
I have increased the number of frog and earthquake.
Removed all elementals from my deck.
Only have blades.
Taken star as my third school
Reduce the number of Orthus (sp??) and Minotaur
Taken life as a secondary school up to Satyr
Put Minotaur minion in my deck

For Offense
If I can, I hit with frog on first round
I add blades or star shield for the next few rounds till I build enough pips to call minotaur minion or strike again. Any thing with zero pips.

The Defense has been the problem. I normally kill one and get the other one to low health, but than they get a critical and I am dead. One time they got criticals in two rounds and I died.

So your advice is well appreciated.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
For those who are saying this is too difficult for children, what are they going to do in life? My daughter looks for help when she can't solo and have changed her hand to help her with the battles. It is possible.

This is a GAME. My kids and I come to have fun. It is entertainment not a place for life lessons IMO. My kids have plenty of opportunities to learn life lessons in real life. They come to Wizard101 to relax and have fun. CL is not making that happen for my kids. It is stressing them out. They are quickly losing interest in endless collection quests, dying or almost dying and not being able to do anything if their friends are not online.

CL is extremely hard. I find it out of place in a game that was made for younger kids. IMO KI should make it so the average KID can play it. If they choose they can add optional hard elements like Briskbreeze for those who want to do them and like a good challenge.

KI has created a wonderful niche game. I hope they remain true to that. I hope they keep the game fun and challenging for the average kid. KI should be listening to their target audience and nobody else.

Megan

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
For those who are saying this is too difficult for children, what are they going to do in life? My daughter looks for help when she can't solo and have changed her hand to help her with the battles. It is possible.

This is a GAME. My kids and I come to have fun. It is entertainment not a place for life lessons IMO. My kids have plenty of opportunities to learn life lessons in real life. They come to Wizard101 to relax and have fun. CL is not making that happen for my kids. It is stressing them out. They are quickly losing interest in endless collection quests, dying or almost dying and not being able to do anything if their friends are not online.

CL is extremely hard. I find it out of place in a game that was made for younger kids. IMO KI should make it so the average KID can play it. If they choose they can add optional hard elements like Briskbreeze for those who want to do them and like a good challenge.

KI has created a wonderful niche game. I hope they remain true to that. I hope they keep the game fun and challenging for the average kid. KI should be listening to their target audience and nobody else.

Megan

Well Said!

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
For those of you that are adults and love Celestia, good for you. You got what you wanted. For those of us that thought Wizards was a game our 9 year old could play without having to friend 60 random strangers and become a tactical mastermind, it is hard. My kid isn't the greatest typist, so he gets the ***** a lot or has to use menu chat to ask for help. How many of you adults will even bother to help, or friend, someone who is obviously not at your level? Few to none. So saying you HAVE to have a full crew of friends to get through Celestia is not exactly fair to the age group the game was created for, now is it?
Yeah, kids need to learn how to deal with the real world. Is that what you are doing while playing this game too? Is it teaching you to pay your bills, drive a car, and get to work on time, do a good job? I doubt it. Let's leave the truly valuable life lessons where they belong. In life. And let the game be fun again. Not just for hard core strategy players, but for kids.
I play solo, my son plays solo. If I wanted a game that required, in essence, having a whole guild behind me to complete the game, I would be playing something else. Get more friends? I had a lot of friends. One by one they all got sick of the lack of content and manipulation of the game to cater to the hard-core and PvP crowds, and they all let their subscriptions go. They left. I am joining them. My subscription is out in 2 days and I am not renewing it. I will still play occasionally on my crowns account since I was retarded enough to buy crowns ahead of time to unlock Celestia with, but when they run out, I am not getting more.
I don't need more challenges. Every day is a challenge. I need fun. And I don't see much of that here.
Since I can't post from my crowns account, you won't be hearing from me again KI, but really, who is it you actually want playing the game? Who? Where are you going with it? Why so hard that even the people who like it say they pretty much have to plan their deck down to the last card or have their own personal army to succeed? I have more questions than a 2 year old. Why? Why? Why? You focus so much on money, you are losing your wallet out your back pocket when you bend over to pick up the pennies. It leaves me confused and more than a bit sad. We don't need another Warcraft. I liked my Wizards. :-(

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Megan

How old are your kids? I belive this is a 10+ game. If they are 10+ I know 9 year olds who think this is easy. even seven year olds. I want a challenge for once. I mean come on people stop complaining.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I agree 100% with Travalanche and can't seem to put it in better words. The real problem is that KI rushed into Celestia with so many new ideas too fast. If they would have taken it slowly, they would have more than enough new ideas for the next world or two beyond Celestia.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Gripe, gripe, gripe; complain, complain, complain. For all of you who have been so INSISTENT that KI does something for ALL OF IT'S PLAYERS, this is it. Congratulations. This is what complaining does. Honestly, yay me, because I love it. And as has been said: even some seven year olds can get through a majority of this. Ten year olds should DEFINITELY get through it all. Short attention span? Perhaps we should dumb down the schools a little more? C'mon guys, just see a good there when it's there. There's going to be easy areas, there's going to be slightly difficult areas, there's going to be incredibly easy and incredibly hard areas...it's just the way it is. The natural progress of any game ever known to Man. It's called....brace yourselves...evolution. And it happens everywhere and to everything.

Some are happy, some are sad. Can't cater to EVERYONE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE now can they? Wait! Before the trolls rush in with "BUT THIS ISN'T THE UNIVERSE, IT'S A GAME!", allow me to say it was simply a figure of speech. They can't cater to everyone in the game, but rather, do a few things here for these people and a few things there for those people. No large group of people will ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever*235 be happy. Impossible task, one to steer well away from.

I think the aspect of business has gone unnoticed as well... On one side, you have customer's complaining that McDonald's isn't carrying anymore Strawberry Shortcake girl doll things. On the other, you have customers happy that McDonald's is now carrying [insert whatever current kid's meal toy there is].

I ALSO love how people keep spitting off that this is only a game, and yet...how remarkably ANGRY they get. Ah...humankind...how you confuse me so, and yet, I see through you.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Celestia was much better on the test realm. I've upgraded my items to include "critical" ratings and in a week I've had 2 critical hits. not really hits though only on heals but only 2 is lame. also on the test realm it didn't take 4-6 hours of fighting to collect quest items from an enemy. I'm not saying it's too hard, just time consuming. I only get to play on weekends really because of work and family. I got lucky this week and was able to play 4 whole days in a row :) but in that time I've only leveled up once because it's taking so darn long to finish these "collect items" quests :( maybe KI can create Easy, Challanging, and Difficult Realms? so you can choose the level of difficulty. I know it's a server thing, but I like that idea. either way, I love Celestia :) it's just irritating at times...

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Archaic79 wrote:
Celestia was much better on the test realm. I've upgraded my items to include "critical" ratings and in a week I've had 2 critical hits. not really hits though only on heals but only 2 is lame. also on the test realm it didn't take 4-6 hours of fighting to collect quest items from an enemy. I'm not saying it's too hard, just time consuming. I only get to play on weekends really because of work and family. I got lucky this week and was able to play 4 whole days in a row :) but in that time I've only leveled up once because it's taking so darn long to finish these "collect items" quests :( maybe KI can create Easy, Challanging, and Difficult Realms? so you can choose the level of difficulty. I know it's a server thing, but I like that idea. either way, I love Celestia :) it's just irritating at times...

Regarding Criticals: Ehh, I kinda see what you're saying there. I wouldn't say only two in a whole weekend, though that could just be on your side. Can't speak for what's happening for you. But. I CAN speak for myself. I've noticed that criticals aren't constant; as in, they're a bit far in between (most times anyway). And honestly? Probably a good thing. If you're criticaling (yeah, totally made that word up) all the time, then kinda takes the suspense and OHYESWIN moments out of scoring critical hits. Also, you really have to look at your chances of scoring one. I don't think they're exactly on the same level as gaining power pips. Probably the reason why, as I said, because it'd take away the excitement of it if you scored ALL THE TIME or just plain out too much. Trust me, I'm disappointed at times if I REALLY need a crit to take place, and it doesn't; but hey, all the roll of the dice just like the draw of the cards. [word removed by poster] happens.

Just keep at hunting down those items.... Vigilance! And if you're tired of that, check to see if you have another type of quest or chain of quests that you can do for a bit to gain some xp. Also try to pack together quests that involve the same type of mob (enemy). Could kill two birds with one stone. Or at least one that doesn't involve grinding on a mob for too long.

Regarding Difficulty Realms: I see a potential problem with this. Only because you would have the ever-present complainers ALL over KI. Why? Look at it this way, my friend: you've been working HARD for a good minute now, getting everything you need to advance in levels, got some great gear, etc., etc. Busted your chops, as they say. You're on the regular realm. Now, there's this other guy on the easy realm getting the exact same stuff that you're getting on the normal realm. "What's that all about", you ask yourself. Unfairness of gameplay. Ok, so then KI could just make it so the players of the easier realm doesn't get the exact same items, but items, instead, that are dumbed down. Ok.... Oh yeah, but those on the easy realm are paying customers too! They're paying exactly what you're paying (save for crowns, since all of us purchase differently), and yet...they get less? Yes, yes, because they're doing it easier, but still. This is what you'd hear, so... Man. Yet ANOTHER string of problems from a problem that was "resolved". Just can't win can you KI? Alright then. Perhaps KI could...separate the people of realms, like completely? No easy realm gets to run around or pvp with those in another realm (of course not meaning the realms we have now, keep up). Oh...comes back to paying the same, so shouldn't be isolated or quarantined. *huff*

You see? I can't think of another solution, so I may very well be missing something. But from my perception, the realms you speak of couldn't work. Probably more griping would arise from that than the original problem.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
MurderousRampage wrote:
Gripe, gripe, gripe; complain, complain, complain. For all of you who have been so INSISTENT that KI does something for ALL OF IT'S PLAYERS, this is it. Congratulations. This is what complaining does. Honestly, yay me, because I love it. And as has been said: even some seven year olds can get through a majority of this. Ten year olds should DEFINITELY get through it all. Short attention span? Perhaps we should dumb down the schools a little more? C'mon guys, just see a good there when it's there. There's going to be easy areas, there's going to be slightly difficult areas, there's going to be incredibly easy and incredibly hard areas...it's just the way it is. The natural progress of any game ever known to Man. It's called....brace yourselves...evolution. And it happens everywhere and to everything.

People are giving feedback on a product they have purchased. KI needs to hear all feedback.

I highly doubt your average seven to ten year old can get through Celestia. I saw a wonderful post here or on Central about cognitive developmental of children.

Yes the game needs to get tougher. It needs to do so in logical increments. Celestia did not do that IMO.

Some are happy, some are sad. Can't cater to EVERYONE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE now can they? Wait! Before the trolls rush in with "BUT THIS ISN'T THE UNIVERSE, IT'S A GAME!", allow me to say it was simply a figure of speech. They can't cater to everyone in the game, but rather, do a few things here for these people and a few things there for those people. No large group of people will ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever*235 be happy. Impossible task, one to steer well away from.

This game and all games should are usually geared to the AVERAGE player. If that is properly done it is usually a minority of people complaining. You have a large SILENT majority playing along. I find Celestia interesting as it seems to be the AVERAGE player complaining (part of that silent majority). Most of my friends hate Celestia. They come to relax and have fun. They find Celestia far from relaxing. They want a challenge but, to have fun too. Both of those things were accomplished WC-DS.

Another thought on difficulty. There is a kids version of Monopoly and an adult version. Why? Kids think and use strategies differently than adults.

I think the aspect of business has gone unnoticed as well... On one side, you have customer's complaining that McDonald's isn't carrying anymore Strawberry Shortcake girl doll things. On the other, you have customers happy that McDonald's is now carrying [insert whatever current kid's meal toy there is].

You don't go to McDonalds for pizza or fine dining. Just like you don't go to a kids game for adult challenges. People are complaining that a kids game has been hijacked into an adults game. The challenge has outpaced what the average kid can do. Wizard101 should remain true to its target audience and their needs and abilities.

I ALSO love how people keep spitting off that this is only a game, and yet...how remarkably ANGRY they get. Ah...humankind...how you confuse me so, and yet, I see through you.

Darn right people are upset! I have spent LOTS of real money on this game. Now my son rarely plays. He is a bright capable boy. He liked Wizard101 cause he could come have fun. Celestia changed that. I know he doesn't *have* to do it. But, he wants to beat the game, so he does.

If feel KI did to much to fast in Celestia. In the first arc there was a progression of difficulty that made sense. You started out in the kiddie pool and went to the deep end foot by foot. With Celestia you went directly from the kiddie pool to the deep end. There wasn't that progression.

Megan

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the whole point of celestia is to work together
i thought this would be obvious after the final countdown in dragonspyre
the whole point of the game is to work together
but... yea i do agree with you when you first start out in celestia it IS quite difficult

This is about teamwork.

Do you know how many people are in Celestia each day?!?! Ask someone for help. The game isn't about being strong or weak. Just try and have fun, make friends, then your friends will help you.