Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple purchases of reagents in the bazaar

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
At first I thought that multiple reagents being bought in one purchase would be a great improvement to buying reagents in the Bazaar. No longer would we be limited to the one-item-at-a-time.

However, I have changed my mine. It is difficult to buy the rare items, because wizards are able to dominate the market by buying multiple reagents in one purchase. This makes it hard for others to buy the same item.

I know that some may claim that this is part of the marketplace of supply and demand. However, unjust monopolizing of resources and unfair competition are now taking place in the Bazaar.

My desire is that we could return to the fairer, yet tedious, buying of one reagent at a time. This would enable others to have an opportunity to buy those same items, rather than one or a few dominating the marketplace.

If we are unable to return to the purchasing format of the past, then my desire would be a cap on the number of reagents that could be bought in one purchase. Perhaps this cap could be based on a percentage of the number of that item being sold.

[In real life stores have used limits on purchasing to ensure that their goods are available and that customers have the opportunity to make purchases.]

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Perhaps we could prevent the use of Buy More when the number of reagents in the Bazaar is less than some number, say 10.

Do you think that would solve the problem?

Arthur

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
No!
Leave it the way it is - why do people complain about everything :(
Just get on the baazar yourself and keep trying to buy the rare reagents!

Defender
May 31, 2010
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:
Perhaps we could prevent the use of Buy More when the number of reagents in the Bazaar is less than some number, say 10.

Arthur

Arthur , I think that is a great idea , it would help with those people looking for those rare items.

I love the new buy/sell for reagents and pet snacks. I can now flip quickly and sell anything I wish. and buy things easier. But limiting the under 10 items to one at a time , would be awesome .

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:

Arthur

Hi Arthur

The limit of ten would work on those items that consistently have a huge quantity, such as mist wood, stone block, and deep mushroom.

The problem would still exist for rare items, like diamond, spring, black pearl, and others, which rarely if ever accumulate to any number close to ten because they are in high demand.

Under the old system with multiple items of a reagent, a person had an equal chance of purchasing one of the reagents. With the current system, a person will be unable to even get one, if another person grabs all of the items through the use of “Buy More”.

The old system allowed for a fairer competition in making the purchase. The new system allows for a domination of the marketplace.

rupertjames wrote:
No!
Leave it the way it is - why do people complain about everything
Just get on the baazar yourself and keep trying to buy the rare reagents!

Sorry - but if I see an area where I believe an injustice exists. Then I will speak out. You call it - complaining. I call it - voicing my opinion. [Just as you have voiced your opinion – and not me complaining about those who complain about those who complain]

I camp out in the Bazaar and fight to buy the items that I need. However, there should be fairness in the marketplace.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)