Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perfect Crown Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
I thought this is the best soultion possible for the Crowns.

For most high wizards they will be stuck with lots of gold, and they got all the treasure cards, clothes, etc. that they need so they can't spend it. But what if you can trade gold for cornws? Like 1,000 Gold convert to 100 Crowns?

It's already hard enough to get Crowns by paying real money when I already have a subscription to buy, and you guys can't expect me to refer my friends, and same with other people.

Please post your ideas below, and Faculty please post your option! :)

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
"you guys can't expect me to refer my friends"

Uh, why? If you like the game, what's your problem with referring your friends?

Color me puzzled.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Slickriptide wrote:
"you guys can't expect me to refer my friends"

Uh, why? If you like the game, what's your problem with referring your friends?

Color me puzzled.

Uh, cause how many High School students do you know that can refer without getting made fun of?

To the other person, you can? You can get holiday items with gold? Also it can take awhile to save Gold ;)

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
In the end, the problem you face is that crowns are intended to generate income. "Selling" crown items for gold doesn't generate any income. Crowns convert to gold. Buying crowns to get gold generates income. Converting gold back to crowns generates NO income.

The problem you wish to solve ("I don't want to buy crowns") lies in direct opposition to the problem that KingsIsle wants to solve ("We want you to buy MORE crowns"). Their solution at this time is to sell Zeke's stuff for massive amounts of gold, and to put some of the holiday items on one or more bosses as rare loot.

If you don't want to buy crowns, then you can always go fight the Jade Oni a few times. Judging by the prices on Zeke's gear, that would take less time than earning the gold it would cost if you COULD pay gold for holiday items.