Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Manually cast the spell?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
Sometimes i feel like using the mouse more during battle, so i want to hear what you people think of this: During a battle we should get an outline of the spell's school(like the symbol during battle) an trace over it within the amount of time. If you fail to trace over it with in amount of time, then it will be automatically cast and the accuracy will be applied, if you successfully trace over outline within amount of time you will get an accuracy bonus when your character makes an attempt to cast the spell, for example: stormzilla accuracy 70%
Manual spell cast- failure, reaction: no bonus, apply current acuracy
Manual spell cast- success, reaction: accuracy bonus depending on rating
rating on successful spell cast:
bad- +2% accuracy
good +5% accuracy
perfect or excellent- +10% accuracy
so stormzilla plus bonus would be:
72% accuracy, 75% accuracy, or 80% accuracy. for example.
also in gameplay option menu, the should be a switch for automatic spell cast or manual spell cast
what do you people think?

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I'm sorry but to be blun this will never happen besides, thats what gear is for.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
There was a Harry Potter game that did what you are describing. I didn't like it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
OMG i have that i cant belive someone besies me knows abou that im a hp freak so yea

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I like your idea but it should be more the way "Paper Mario and the Thousand Year door" did it. and should apply to the damage range. For example, Evil Snow man does 240-300, the damage is 240 if you do bad and 300 if you do good. Some spells don't vary in damage, like Powernova so I dont know what it would do in that case.