Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia is being invaded by dogs and noobs

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Okay, Celestia has been invaded by 2 different types of groups: Marleybone dogs and lower level Wizards!

The Marleybone dogs are really taking over the entire Spiral. They are already in 4 out of 7 worlds of the spiral. The only one that can be acceptional is Marleybone. They spend their time exploring in Celestia and Krokotopia. Do the Manders, Celestians, or Crustaceans ever get annyed with them? Also, there are 2 dogs in Wizard City: The librarian and the Balance instructor. They really need to keep their dirty paws off of other creatures' property!

Secondly, of course since Celestia come out, everyone has to stop what they're doing and see it! "Oooohhhhhh! Your in Celestia?" one noob asks. If you wanna explore a world, than unlock the next one! And the next one. And the next one. And you'll finally get to Celestia. Just think of it like working hard to explore new worlds. Here's what usually happens when a lower level ports to a Grandmaster.

Noob: Oh! Your in Celestia?

Grand: Yes. Please don't port.

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

Grand: I told you not to port! GREAT! Now another one came! Gee, thanks a lot!

Noob: Sorry.

*Noob flees*

*Noob (now in Celestia Base Camp) puts a mark down*

Grand: Ugh.

*Grand deletes noob friend and turns off teleports*

Now, lower levels, if you REALLY want to go to Celestia, but not go into a battle, at least make sure your friend in Celestia is in Celestia Base Camp.

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
Okay, Celestia has been invaded by 2 different types of groups: Marleybone dogs and lower level Wizards!

The Marleybone dogs are really taking over the entire Spiral. They are already in 4 out of 7 worlds of the spiral. The only one that can be acceptional is Marleybone. They spend their time exploring in Celestia and Krokotopia. Do the Manders, Celestians, or Crustaceans ever get annyed with them? Also, there are 2 dogs in Wizard City: The librarian and the Balance instructor. They really need to keep their dirty paws off of other creatures' property!

Secondly, of course since Celestia come out, everyone has to stop what they're doing and see it! "Oooohhhhhh! Your in Celestia?" one noob asks. If you wanna explore a world, than unlock the next one! And the next one. And the next one. And you'll finally get to Celestia. Just think of it like working hard to explore new worlds. Here's what usually happens when a lower level ports to a Grandmaster.

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

Now, lower levels, if you REALLY want to go to Celestia, but not go into a battle, at least make sure your friend in Celestia is in Celestia Base Camp.

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!
no you didnt XD

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!
well i helped in bosses in many worlds including celestia, I personally think that grandmasters who judge by peoples levels are noobs

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I totally agree with you............... NO MORE LOW LEVELS IN CL!!!!

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I have said this many times already in different posts. Since i am Level 32 which is above your so called "Noob Level" which is 30. I went to Celestia cause i could port to my friend and it was fun. But i still just wanted to have a sneak peek of celestia. Calling lower level "noobs" just means your calling yourseld a noob. If you don't want to be called names then don't call other people names. If you do like it then to bad. A lot of people feel the pain. So don't be so harsh. If you were a low level wizard and you just started playing you would also want to go to Celestia. And most high level wizards have a full buddy list. It's not right to call ppl noobs just because they are lower level. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
FreezeerBurn127 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!
well i helped in bosses in many worlds including celestia, I personally think that grandmasters who judge by peoples levels are noobs

People who think there so cool that they can just port to a place they shouldnt be in are noobs.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
To help with this problem there should at least be an alert when you are in battle allowing you to deny a port. The problem is that lower level wizards often not only sight see in CL, but they attempt to join battles and end up doing nothing but getting in the way. Now not every lower level wizard that joins the battles in CL are a problem but the MASS MAJORITY ARE. Simple fact is the earlier worlds are not just there to level you up but also to slowly educate you in how to battle skillfully as well as cooperate with other wizards.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Not another thread like this, please! You people are beating a dead horse with this type of rant.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
That and they can't even spell and punctuate properly. The schools have failed us.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Not another thread like this, please! You people are beating a dead horse with this type of rant.

I was just thinking that very same thing! :x Enough with the "No 'noobs' aloud" posts. I went through all of Celestia without having any issues with lower-leveled wizards joining my battles because I turned OFF porting and I was also picky about WHO I added to my friends list (that means I didn't add every single person who sent me a friend request while I walked through the WC commons). Just Sayin'.

-Jessica SkullSlinger

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
lower levels, pfft. never seen them in celestia, only thing I have seen are moles, sharks, crabs, the morgantine army, and crabs. No low levels.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have a couple level 30-something friends that have helped me defeat enemies. I have no complaints. But in general, it would be nice if folks would ask before they port!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I have had quite a few lower level players join me in battles in the last few days long enough to bring in another enemy and then leave. Some of these Celestia battles are tough enough without someone coming in and ditching. Yesterday my friend and I had 2 of them following us around joining in our boss battles. They weren't being very helpful, taking our feints and power-ups with low level spells. It was VERY irritating!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!

NOOO! Why do you care if lower levels go to Celestia? I don't think they should be unable to teleport to Celestia. And no, it's not because I can't go there. I made it to Celestia.

But I sort of agree with you about the dogs.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
[ Nov/8/2010 3:09 pm Subject: Re:Celestia is being invaded by dogs and noobs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Willowdreamer wrote:

I was just thinking that very same thing! Enough with the "No 'noobs' aloud" posts. I went through all of Celestia without having any issues with lower-leveled wizards joining my battles because I turned OFF porting and I was also picky about WHO I added to my friends list (that means I didn't add every single person who sent me a friend request while I walked through the WC commons). Just Sayin'.

-Jessica SkullSlinger]

Totally true! Stop posting stuff about lower leveled people! If they were to hear all of this, it will be frustrating to them! And don't blame them, they are just young and can't figure out what to do! They are just trying to help their friends by teleporting to them! And by the way, they aren't noobs!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
you know this is very mean to low level wizards.

i mean all low levelers want to do is exsporle. i help my firends in cl and they don't mind. cl is a great world, it's cool and we are curious about it. and also WE ARE NOT NOOBS!!!!!!!!! please don't call us noobs, because that could hurt people's feelings. i'm currently in dragonspyre and i want to see cl. everyone else that sees my posts on the cl bord says '' get out of cl!!!"'
or '' don't go to cl again''. it gets really annoying to me!!!!!! it's like cl is only for high level wizards and it will ruin cl if just one low lebvel wizard comes in the exsplore it. so does anyone else agree with me? i'm level 43 for now so i am a low level.
( p.s. you are right about the mb dogs invading cl)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!

-- Omgeee . Yess ! I hate it when people * and i mean everyone in general * port. That's why i just keep my ports turned off, and if someone asks me to port, i just decide if i should or not. But anyways, I do agree with you about the "noob" joining a battle, and then fleeing. I hate that ! Bleh... but either way, personally. I don't think they should be allowed, but then again, if a lower level places a mark in the base camp, they can't really do much, unless they port to a friend somewhere else. But on the other hand, some people go to Cl to level up quicker. So in a way, i somewhat agree and disagree.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!

Ummm... you didnt prove a point. You are making a bigger problem. If you want to complain about the dogs, then good for you, but the lower lvl wizards have a point to go to Celestia. Once they buy it, they have all the right to go to that world. Celestia costs 1695 crowns, and that is a lot. So they must want to go to Celestia despretly. KI shoudnt let anybody that doesnt have their lvl 38 spell enter Celestia. Hope this helped.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With frinds
everything is possible"

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Someone define noob for me?

I'm level 46 Ice and I haven't even been to Celestia (wherever or whatever it is).

I was called into Dragonspyre early but that was only to help out in a fight and I ported out immediately after (I was still doing Mooshu).

I will go to help out IF I'm asked. I do not port to anyone with asking prior to doing so and will only go if asked.

So really, what exactly is a noob?

PS: Leave the dogs alone. :P

Defender
May 17, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

i mean all low levelers want to do is exsporle. i help my firends in cl and they don't mind. cl is a great world, it's cool and we are curious about it. and also WE ARE NOT NOOBS!!!!!!!!! please don't call us noobs, because that could hurt people's feelings. i'm currently in dragonspyre and i want to see cl. everyone else that sees my posts on the cl bord says '' get out of cl!!!"'
or '' don't go to cl again''. it gets really annoying to me!!!!!! it's like cl is only for high level wizards and it will ruin cl if just one low lebvel wizard comes in the exsplore it. so does anyone else agree with me? i'm level 43 for now so i am a low level.

Actually, Celestia is only for higher levels, that is why they put a level lock. And yes, it would ruin it if one noob came, because they always ruin everything. I am farming for gold in stormriven but it is overcrowded with noobs. I can't walk through the base camp without a dozen noobs asking me to take them into dungeons. Also, if any noobs are reading this, we don't care how many legendaries you have if you aren't playing as them. The only time a noob was nice to me and fled was once, and even then she spammed me saying, "I fled, now add me." When I told her no, she told me she would report me if I didn't. I have seen more people in Celestia who haven't earned it than have. Noobs if you wanna get gold, farm in your world, if you wanna level up, do it in your world, if you want to bug and ruin the game for us high levels, go to Celestia.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Yes, I too am tired of these post. KI is aware of the problem and hopefully is coming up with some type of solution.

Ummm... you didnt prove a point. You are making a bigger problem. If you want to complain about the dogs, then good for you, but the lower lvl wizards have a point to go to Celestia. Once they buy it, they have all the right to go to that world. Celestia costs 1695 crowns, and that is a lot. So they must want to go to Celestia despretly. KI shoudnt let anybody that doesnt have their lvl 38 spell enter Celestia. Hope this helped.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With frinds
everything is possible"

Now, just because you purchased an area, does not give you the right to interfer with my game. I too purchased this area and just because one day I decided to be nice and help you with your quest and added you as a friend, still does not give you the right to port to me without asking.

You have no idea is I am in a fight, how much health I have left to kill the mob or how many mobs I have left. You have no right to jeoparidize my wizard, simply because you are curious. If you are so curious than be polite and ask first. Don't join in a battle that your friend is not part of and don't port without asking.

Maybe you were fortunate not have someone port to you. That's great, but many of us aren't that lucky. I for one am sick and tired of people porting without asking. If I need your help, I will ask, so unless I do, you don't have the right to come into my game play. I PAID TOO!

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
Yes, I too am tired of these post. KI is aware of the problem and hopefully is coming up with some type of solution.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With frinds
everything is possible"

Now, just because you purchased an area, does not give you the right to interfer with my game. I too purchased this area and just because one day I decided to be nice and help you with your quest and added you as a friend, still does not give you the right to port to me without asking.

You have no idea is I am in a fight, how much health I have left to kill the mob or how many mobs I have left. You have no right to jeoparidize my wizard, simply because you are curious. If you are so curious than be polite and ask first. Don't join in a battle that your friend is not part of and don't port without asking.

Maybe you were fortunate not have someone port to you. That's great, but many of us aren't that lucky. I for one am sick and tired of people porting without asking. If I need your help, I will ask, so unless I do, you don't have the right to come into my game play. I PAID TOO!

So what, we all have = rights, and I am a kid speaking here. Its just a game. I bet when you were a low lvl and when there was a new world coming up and it wasnt for your lvl, you would have ported to your friend. And seriosly you guys have to stop complaining you high lvl people. You guys are being so teretorial over Celestia. I wish your mind was as BIG as your lvl.

Hunter Wild Horn lvl 41 and Mathew Boom Hamer lvl 60

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:

Ok, I'm not going to get into the whole lower level wizards in Celestia debate again, but I do have a question. What's wrong with the word noob? It's just short for newbie. The point I would make is that there's a difference between a newbie and a low level wizard. I've made 10 wizards already. Deleted 3 Grandmasters to create room for new wizards, and I've now just deleted my 2nd Legendary wizard to create room for an 11th wizard. So, now I have 5 Legendary wizards and a level 5 wizard. The level 5 wizard is obviously extremely low level, but I am far from being a newbie. The term newbie itself only really applies to the player, and means nothing more than that the player in question is new to the game and has yet to learn all the tricks of the wizarding game. There's nothing insulting about that. We all started out as newbies, and we all had to learn how to play the game well. The problem isn't the word itself, it's the way people are using it and the connotation that the word has taken. The problem with simply saying we shouldn't use that word is that it really changes nothing besides our vocabulary. The attitudes remain unchanged, and the new term we use to replace the words newbie or noob will simply end up gaining the same connotation as those words. What's next, we should no longer say low level wizards? should we refer to them as elite rank challenged wizards? I for one would rather focus on changing the attitudes than the terminology. If you see someone acting like a jerk, don't team up with them, and if they ask you why you won't let them know. If you added someone to your friends list and then you see them acting like that, remove them and let them know why. This way they have two choices: straighten up or end up stuck with only players like themselves as friends.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
FreezeerBurn127 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

*Noob ports to Celestia*

*Another enemy comes*

*Noob flees*

I HOPE I PROVED A POINT!
no you didnt XD
Yes he did, the point was the noobs to not join battles in cl.Sometimes the noobs are like:

Noob: can i go to celestia

Legendary: No.

Noob: x ports to legendary x

X another enemy comes in battle X

Legendary: I told you not to port!

Noob: you didnt tell me i cant port to you

Legendary: x removes all noob friends x

Noob: hey people look i am in celestia fighting a hard enemy

And they go all mean to the higher levels.Its irritating.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
You think the high levels are ruining the fun? Wow. Ever even think how we feel about having our traps wasted? Being killed because of another monster coming in the battle?

In my book, noobs are now people who go to worlds they shouldn't be in. They can't even explore a lot because they have to unlock it all. Why don't they just work their way there like everyone else? Because they are LAZY!

Don't pull that excuse about "Wouldn't YOU want to explore Celestia too?". They don't even know about those untold secrets waiting ahead of them in Marleybone or Krokotopia if they just keep focusing on Celestia, a world that they wont be ready for until they beat the 5 before it.

NOW, I hope I proved a point. :-)