Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change your side from playing last in PvP?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I was playing in practice PvP earlier today and we went last, then one of my team members said they were going to adjust the table so we wouldn't go last anymore. I didn't see them play any sort of card or anything, and yet after they said that my side went first for many turns in a row. Is this some sort of card that I am unaware of or is this some sort of programming hack or is this KI staff playing PvP with full knowlege that going first in PvP gives their side huge advantages so they intentionally program it so they get to always go first when they are playing? I don't understand how some players change the order of who goes first.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
WOW, i'm surprised seasnake, this post isnt about a rant on balance

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
I think going first has something to do with who clicks "go to the arena" first, a friend who had been doing so for years told me and when i tried it out it appears to work!

Is this true?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
rupertjames wrote:
I think going first has something to do with who clicks "go to the arena" first, a friend who had been doing so for years told me and when i tried it out it appears to work!

Is this true?

I don't know about that, but what I am referring to occured during a game after we had gone last for a turn or two. One of my team members said they were tired of going last and was going to fix that. I did not see him play any card and then for the next three or four turns my side went first.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
seasnake wrote:
I was playing in practice PvP earlier today and we went last, then one of my team members said they were going to adjust the table so we wouldn't go last anymore. I didn't see them play any sort of card or anything, and yet after they said that my side went first for many turns in a row. Is this some sort of card that I am unaware of or is this some sort of programming hack or is this KI staff playing PvP with full knowlege that going first in PvP gives their side huge advantages so they intentionally program it so they get to always go first when they are playing? I don't understand how some players change the order of who goes first.

Somebody's only a KingsIsle staff member if they have the badge, "KingsIsle Support" :D. But yeah, teams who go second need to win more often.