Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Invalid 3D Device?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Hiya, I just recently moved and am using an older computer to run the game. It took forever to install, and after waiting almost 2 hours, I'm stuck with an error message saying that I have an invalid 3D device. Is there any way I can fix this?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is the first thing you'll be told to do:

Gamma wrote:
Mr Lincoln will have an answer for you, young Wizard, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Administrator
Hello Junebug838,

This error occurs usually as a result of the video settings not being correctly set. Please attempt both solutions - if you continue to receive the error after trying the below, we would recommend that you uninstall the game, your video card drivers and then update directX, install your video card driver and then reinstall the game. But first, try the below.

1. Make sure your Hardware Acceleration is set to Full

a. Open the Display Properties in the Control Panel.
b. Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.
c. Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider to the right (Full).
d. Click Apply/OK and then click OK again.
e. Restart the computer.

2. If the above doesn't work, please make sure your video drivers are updated to the newest version.

Finally, if the above doesn't work try following the instructions at the beginning of this post.

See you in the Spiral!