Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Marleybone so empty?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I just played a mega-session - 16 hours. And in that entire time, I never passed more than 2 other players in the same streets as I was. Realms went from Normal to Full and I there was just never anyone around - even in regents square, the most I saw was 4!!

I spent a couple hours just waiting for someone to show up in the prison, because I really needed some help - I'd give up waiting, go in and get slaughtered and then I'd go back, wait some more, go in and get slaughtered. I spent about 5 hours trying to get passed the guys.

Same with Ironworks - no one anywhere around (but that's ok, I did it all by myself )

Does no one play? Is there a "secret" realm that Marleybone players go to? I have almost the same problem in Grizzleheim - but not as extreme.

If anyone else is running into the same problem - I'd be happy to find you on Tuesday. :P

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You need to jump from "Crowded" realm to realm.

The other idea is to study the enemies you have to face and arrange your spell deck accordingly.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Copernica wrote:
I just played a mega-session - 16 hours. And in that entire time, I never passed more than 2 other players in the same streets as I was. Realms went from Normal to Full and I there was just never anyone around - even in regents square, the most I saw was 4!!

I spent a couple hours just waiting for someone to show up in the prison, because I really needed some help - I'd give up waiting, go in and get slaughtered and then I'd go back, wait some more, go in and get slaughtered. I spent about 5 hours trying to get passed the guys.

Same with Ironworks - no one anywhere around (but that's ok, I did it all by myself )

Does no one play? Is there a "secret" realm that Marleybone players go to? I have almost the same problem in Grizzleheim - but not as extreme.

If anyone else is running into the same problem - I'd be happy to find you on Tuesday. :P

ya i wonder the same thing! i always expected that marleybone would have fewer players than kroktopia but not that few. just take a look in digmoore station at the low number of people and that is just the first area! i go on the most crowded realm on the list and stil nothing!!! i just dont understand. elsewhere i hear that marleybone takes a decade to comeplete yet apparently people wiz though it fast???

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Copernica wrote:

Marleybone is an awesome place since i'm a city girl but its one of my least favorite worlds of the spiral. This is ONLY because there wasnt anyone there, not even in Regents Square! the fewest people I saw in Regents Square was at the most, like 7! When I first explored Marleybone, I was like "HELLO?" and the whole place was deserted! I made a video on this for You Tube for Shopping District, which is even more weird since Wizard City is so crowded! But, I experienced the SAME thing when I entered Marleybone and the same thing happens to me sometimes when I go there for a friend or something, I saw no one! Its just so amazing! Like they say, Marleybone takes for ever to complete. My suggestion, is that when your in the world of Marleybone, the realm automatically switch to fewer realms so players can find more help while exploring the land.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL you want desolate go to the ice area in Ravenscar now that Celestia is open, nobody farming the ravens any more. The first time I was there, I could hardly make anything out with all the people running around.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Happens to me too all the time D:<

I always look for people to help and stuff, but nobody is there, like, EVER. I went to a crowded realm and the most I saw was 2 people o_o. So I just use my Balance to help with everything. And how WC is so crowded is because a lot of the people there don't have subscriptions and they can only stay there. And with krok, I honestly hate krok. So people might not like it and quit, idk, just making guesses here. But yeah, you're not the only one.

Ethan Spiritblade - Level 50 Balance
Ethan Storm - Level 29 Storm

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
According to the other threads posted, everybody is teleporting to Celestia. LOL. :D

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I think because many have multiple wizards, some are GM's, so they are probably in CL at the moment.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
LOL guys! :D i noticed that too. And i also notice that a lot of people hates Marleybone so much. But i love MB but the i've always had this kind of problem in MB. I always get CAUGHT or PULLED to battle by the street roaming creatures even if you are so careful walking in the side streets you still get pulled! :D but anyway i still love MB.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
While the wait for CL, more grandmasters piled up. So, now that CL is out, alllll of those players have left.