Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Improved Cleanse for All Players

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I play as storm and even with dispel I seldom can get off an attack going last in PvP as I have tons of dispels stacked upon me. Any life on the side that goes last is also heavily hit by dispels. Dispels on the side that goes last usually works most of the time and takes a ton of pips away from the side going last. The team that goes first seldom has dispels upon them as they know about the dispels ahead of time and simply wand them off or otherwise handle them.

Again, I suggest removing dispels from the game as they serve no purpose short of what could be viewed as cheating in the game.

Outside of that I suggest improved cleans cards for everyone of every school that when cast upon themselves at a cost of 0 pips rids all negative non-trap effects upon them and additionally gives them a charm against the next dispel upon them. Again, this fails to solve the problem in that the team that goes first can still toss back to back dispels upon a player after they use a cleanse. The best solution to this mess is to simply rid dispels from PvP and I would go as far as to remove them from the entire game.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I play as storm and even with dispel I seldom can get off an attack going last in PvP as I have tons of dispels stacked upon me. Any life on the side that goes last is also heavily hit by dispels. Dispels on the side that goes last usually works most of the time and takes a ton of pips away from the side going last. The team that goes first seldom has dispels upon them as they know about the dispels ahead of time and simply wand them off or otherwise handle them.

Again, I suggest removing dispels from the game as they serve no purpose short of what could be viewed as cheating in the game.

Outside of that I suggest improved cleans cards for everyone of every school that when cast upon themselves at a cost of 0 pips rids all negative non-trap effects upon them and additionally gives them a charm against the next dispel upon them. Again, this fails to solve the problem in that the team that goes first can still toss back to back dispels upon a player after they use a cleanse. The best solution to this mess is to simply rid dispels from PvP and I would go as far as to remove them from the entire game.

Dispels are not cheating. The player going first can't read your cards. It is a guess and a gamble when they do use it because there is no complete certainty in when the second player may attack. It may either do what was hoped for or it may not. There are ways to deal with it. Dispels are not cheating. I was dispelled when I cast orthrus. I lost all my pips. But still won the match. Push through it. Besides, when a person dispels they also lost a pip or 2. If they take all their time using dispels, they would hardly be having the time building pips because they will be using them for the cast.

There is no cheating with dispels. Only odd/annoying strategies that may or may not work.