Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seen myth lately?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
my goodness are myth students really complaining again? i guess so but come on. Medussa's stun works fine and myth is one of the strongest schools i am a death and we arnt the strongest school but you dont see death complaining about losing to a myth. if you use a orthrus with a spirit blade and use a myth blade even with one shield you hit over 1200 with the 58 gear so i dont understand why myth complains so much. life doesnt complain about having a hit all spell till 58 and death doesnt either till 48 and it hits 400. how much does Orthrus hit? plus you get the greatest minion so would you stop complaining please?

Reed spellsword lvl 58 necromancer
Kyle Stormfinder lvl 60 diviner

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
averg wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
averg wrote:
Medusa...frankly I think is the strongest spell in the game...if you cast time of legend, then myth blade, spirit blade, myth trap, spirit trap and a feint or two (if you have trained death up) and for the final bit a gargantuan boost that you can buy from the archivist and you can do more than 15,000 damage...I hit Catulla (sp?) for more than 20,000 today. Like any spell in the game, there is a strategy that can maximize the power of the spell and if poorly used then the spell can be worthless. I have soloed 80% of CL with my now lvl 60 myth...and really can think of a better character!

Don't lie, Cuthalla use tower shields everytime you cast a spell less then 4 pips.

the other cuthalla...sorry should have been more clear!

I totally forgot about that Cuthalla... whoops.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
flamingbutx wrote:
my goodness are myth students really complaining again? i guess so but come on. Medussa's stun works fine and myth is one of the strongest schools i am a death and we arnt the strongest school but you dont see death complaining about losing to a myth. if you use a orthrus with a spirit blade and use a myth blade even with one shield you hit over 1200 with the 58 gear so i dont understand why myth complains so much. life doesnt complain about having a hit all spell till 58 and death doesnt either till 48 and it hits 400. how much does Orthrus hit? plus you get the greatest minion so would you stop complaining please?

I wish I had read this post before I made my other post.

i am a death and we arnt the strongest school but you dont see death complaining

You also heal when you attack.

if you use a orthrus with a spirit blade and use a myth blade even with one shield you hit over 1200 with the 58 gear

The problem with that arguement is the fact it's 58 gear. This part is debatable, some people will go get the 58 gear before the Talos fight, andsome people will go before the 58 gear.

life doesnt complain about having a hit all spell till 58 and

Life actually does complain about that, what they don't complain about is the fact that people can help in the 58 life card fight.

death doesnt either till 48 and it hits 400. how much does Orthrus hit

Before you compare Orthrus to Scarecrow there are some things you should know. Orthrus hits a single target, Scarecrow is AoE (thus a reason for less damage) Scarecrow also heals you when you attack (another reason why Scarecrow does a little bit less damage).

plus you get the greatest minion

This statement is 100% debatable. While myth does get multiple minions and earlier then the other schools (almost worthless in Cl though...) death can cast minions with over 1,000 health. You must also take note of the spells used, myths minions cast taunt, deaths minions cast feint. Again, 100% debatable.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
:(The stuns work. However, not on any enemy in Celestia and it stinks not one stun works in Celestia PLEASE FIX THIS KL! :(

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
DarkMagick24 wrote:
it is true but myth has to many minions :D
l
/\

aaaah but that is the exact point of myth alltogether! Minions, Minions and MORE MINIONS! That is where Myths strength lies. If you learn to use your minions effectively There shouldnt be too much of an issue Soloing with Myth. This is because of all the "sacrifice for x pips, X health etc." There is a verrrry unique art to using myth which is why many players do not appreciate it as much as the other schools. They want to use the same strategy as if Myth is Storm. It doesn't work that way. You need to use your strengths and let other schools have their own strengths.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
minigiant9 wrote:
DarkMagick24 wrote:
it is true but myth has to many minions :D
l
/\

aaaah but that is the exact point of myth alltogether! Minions, Minions and MORE MINIONS! That is where Myths strength lies. If you learn to use your minions effectively There shouldnt be too much of an issue Soloing with Myth. This is because of all the "sacrifice for x pips, X health etc." There is a verrrry unique art to using myth which is why many players do not appreciate it as much as the other schools. They want to use the same strategy as if Myth is Storm. It doesn't work that way. You need to use your strengths and let other schools have their own strengths.

The problem with "draw power" is that unless you are using a wood golem, that spell is useless. Siphon also does heal 400, but for 1 pip and however many pips it took to ast the minion, doesn't seem useful.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Minions are worthless. I used a minion with my Storm and Death characters more than Myth.

Myth, however, is a fun class to play without minions. Shielding opponents are never usually a problem and I didn't have much trouble soloing in Celestia.

And while not usually the first choice as grouping companions by many, they do have some useful spells.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
well myth is tatical not pure brute strength it is to use minions to get the upper hand

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Wow. Your insulting one of the best spells. It does like 400-500 or something AND A TWO ROUND STUN! Stop complaining the two round stun works So you should stop your yapping and GET OVER IT!

Tristan Shadowmender
Level:49

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Personally i think myth is one of the strongest schools it's purpose is helping people, as said in a previous comment by a guy they have earthquake, pierce, etc. Now medusa?! Epic. Two round stun=Helpful! Please start thinking about myth's helping power.

Tristan Shadowmender
Level:49

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Dont forget myth has MINIONS. they can use spells, every school has one minion but myth. Myth has 3!!! so start appreciating myth and stop bagging on it!

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
averg wrote:
Medusa...frankly I think is the strongest spell in the game...if you cast time of legend, then myth blade, spirit blade, myth trap, spirit trap and a feint or two (if you have trained death up) and for the final bit a gargantuan boost that you can buy from the archivist and you can do more than 15,000 damage...I hit Catulla (sp?) for more than 20,000 today. Like any spell in the game, there is a strategy that can maximize the power of the spell and if poorly used then the spell can be worthless. I have soloed 80% of CL with my now lvl 60 myth...and really can think of a better character!

Don't lie, Cuthalla use tower shields everytime you cast a spell less then 4 pips.

Hmm... Cuthalla? Oh, right, averg probably lied. But if you use a DOT spell on Cuthalla, you can blade. But then again, if you bubble, he uses his own to replace it. I think this is either a lie or he is thinking of another joke.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, we all know Medusa turns people into stone. I think it would be cool if she wore sunglasses, and when she took them off the player turned into stone and then the stones exploded and did the damage.

Aaanyway, I don't have a Myth but I had over 3 friends say how boring a Myth was so make (and they are experienced conjurers!) I have seen medusa and I think it deserves to attack all, because myth needs a better attack all spell.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
flamingbutx wrote:

I wish I had read this post before I made my other post.

i am a death and we arnt the strongest school but you dont see death complaining

You also heal when you attack.

if you use a orthrus with a spirit blade and use a myth blade even with one shield you hit over 1200 with the 58 gear

The problem with that arguement is the fact it's 58 gear. This part is debatable, some people will go get the 58 gear before the Talos fight, andsome people will go before the 58 gear.

life doesnt complain about having a hit all spell till 58 and

Life actually does complain about that, what they don't complain about is the fact that people can help in the 58 life card fight.

death doesnt either till 48 and it hits 400. how much does Orthrus hit

Before you compare Orthrus to Scarecrow there are some things you should know. Orthrus hits a single target, Scarecrow is AoE (thus a reason for less damage) Scarecrow also heals you when you attack (another reason why Scarecrow does a little bit less damage).

plus you get the greatest minion

This statement is 100% debatable. While myth does get multiple minions and earlier then the other schools (almost worthless in Cl though...) death can cast minions with over 1,000 health. You must also take note of the spells used, myths minions cast taunt, deaths minions cast feint. Again, 100% debatable.
great points

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
All of you are complaining about Medusa is weaker and all of the other spells but fire and myth have the same stats in the lvl 58 gear(except resist fire: ice and storm, myth: fire, ice, life, and death). The accuracy is 19% more to the spells now so with myth accuracy of 85 or 80 not quite sure but anyways with that kind of accuracy you have 104% or 99% of a hit chance so either way you have one in a hundred chance of a miss or no miss at all. Even storm is missing by 4% and you dont see then complain as for fire 94% and ice 89%(the spirit schools do not get any accuracy boost) so meaning myth may have the weakest spells but the best accuracy out of ALL schools. So there really nothing to complain about plus it has a pretty good pip % for 82% and higher if you have a pet that gives pip %. So really stop complaining with the attack you make up for it in accuracy

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
234man wrote:
All of you are complaining about Medusa is weaker and all of the other spells but fire and myth have the same stats in the lvl 58 gear(except resist fire: ice and storm, myth: fire, ice, life, and death). The accuracy is 19% more to the spells now so with myth accuracy of 85 or 80 not quite sure but anyways with that kind of accuracy you have 104% or 99% of a hit chance so either way you have one in a hundred chance of a miss or no miss at all. Even storm is missing by 4% and you dont see then complain as for fire 94% and ice 89%(the spirit schools do not get any accuracy boost) so meaning myth may have the weakest spells but the best accuracy out of ALL schools. So there really nothing to complain about plus it has a pretty good pip % for 82% and higher if you have a pet that gives pip %. So really stop complaining with the attack you make up for it in accuracy

That 3%-6% extra accuracy justifies the huge extra damage storm gets over myth? And while ice is only 89% accuracy they also have 37% resist to all. And our power pip % is almost the lowest, while it is the same for some of the other schools, a couple of schools have over 100% power pip chance.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I think the problem here is that you guys don't know that stuns DON'T work on bosses, just like beguile.
Myth wizards, just be patient. I bet you in the next big update, Myth is going to get a REALLY powerful AoE.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
I think the problem here is that you guys don't know that stuns DON'T work on bosses, just like beguile.
Myth wizards, just be patient. I bet you in the next big update, Myth is going to get a REALLY powerful AoE.

I would laugh if the new spell did less than 700 damage with no effect, no offense. :)

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
chaoticzachary2011 wrote:
im kinda standing in the middle in this, our spells arent that great but our gear is amazing. its like with balance, they get judgement but their lvl 58 spell is terrible, its one of the weakest. i guess KI just tried to balance things out with us, that since we got some of the best gear, we got lower spells. but this is annoying in itself, because the good gear doesnt really come along until lvl 58 anyway.

it seems like storm and fire got the best of it all, they do the most damage and have the strongest spells, and storm even has some of the strongest gear. this is something that should be balanced out, because even though storm has a terrible accuracy, their gear brings that up anyway, so that they hardly ever fizzle.

i dont think its right that the schools are so uneven, but then again its all on what you choose. i agree that Medusa should attack all, seeing as the story with Medusa said that everyone that seen her would turn to stone. so at least stun everyone if you dont wanna give us an attack all spell, at least be accurate to the story. give myth a break, all we have is earthquake, it does only 310 base, and the only good thing about it is it takes away blades and shields. humongofrog doesnt even do that much damage once you get to celestia. this is a wrong that should be addressed.

~Edward Shadowflame, Legendary Conjurer
You better not make fun of balance ok!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:

I know right, I hope it is an X pip spell like tempest.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
sanmil0963 wrote:
I don't know about Medusa, because I haven't gotten that high yet, but I do believe myth is the weakest. Don't get me wrong, my myth is my favorite and I enjoy playing her, but she is having a very difficult time soloing CL.

I did not even last 4 rounds with my myth in the very first Celestia boss fight.

Both mobs had an instant 3 power pips, unleased a critical *ICE* Kraken, and a critical Colossus. Needless to say, next round I was not in the boss fight anymore.

I don't even see how to advance further into the game. I see no point. Minions are PATHETIC. Cyclops has no more than 750 health, and no longer casts lvl.3 Storm and Fire spells. I find myself staying alive longer and better without my minions. Only minion I do use now is the fully expendable Living Puppet at 0 pips.

I mean what the heck. And the 58 spell does not even hit all mobs? Every single school can hit *all* mobs on the field, except Myth? Well, we do have the ugly looking and pathetic Humungofrog for ... around 400 damage?

KingsIsle, if you wonder why people are always complaining... read some of those threads for a change. You'll know why. This takes a LOT of the fun factor out of the game.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
averg wrote:

dont forget the satyr for 0 pips and 5000 health back

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
i sorta agree

i am fifty eight myth

first myth does not always hit it fizz a lot from my point of view

second all you people out there who are saying you guys stop complaining you guy try fighting talos with no crowns to buy henchmen then when you finally beat him your spell is only good when you use blade trap time of legends etc.

third myth is not even close to be the weakest school how i see it i think it is the third best after storm first and fire second no offense to life death balance and ice

fourth yes i think this conversation wouldn't even exist if Medusa hit everybody i mean i use earthquake allot but i rarely use humongofrog and the only reason i use earth allot is (a) it hits every one and (b) it takes out shields i think that KI should either make medusa a hit everyone spell and fix the stun or make a rank nine spell ( for every school so it would be far ) that hits everyone and had a reasonable power difference from medusa i am talken 200-300 difference

and completely of topic i cant wait for wintertusk and whatever that count down on the tittle screen is

Chase Mythrunner 58 myth

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
OP is correct. I feel 'cheated.'

I would be fine and happy with it, if the 2 stuns actually worked more than just half the time.

One reason I retired my Myth wizard is just that. Myth compared to other classes is simply weak. I'd expect Myth to be a weaker wizard, but not since minions became so weak and useless in Celestia.

I still love Myth, don't get me wrong, I am just unhappy with it. I have retired my Myth wizard now, and am leveling a character I feel more "spiritually attuned" with, a Storm.

For what it is worth though, Myth wizard from Wizard City - end of Dragonspyre was so much fun to play. It was an absolutely beautiful play experience.

As for AoE, I am not really complaining. I use Humungofrog for any AoE. You can have an instant 4 pips at start of combat, and hit all mobs for 400+/- damage right off the bat. In 4 more pips, you can do even more thanks to blades and traps.

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
wow i have never seen that! i have used only a myth blade and trap without weakness and resist and got more than 1000 damage when i used orthrus! myth is probably one of the most powerful schools!

fred spritegem level 50 myth