Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Locking topics.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Why does KI lock topics at the end of a board? Do they do it because they're long lost topics and no one reads them anymore? Or do they do it because those topics are innapropite ( I've read some of those and I really don't think that's why KI locks topics). So I'm just wondering about this because when someone has a question about something and no one has anwsered yet and I want to I can't because it says that topic is locked. If anyone knows the anwser to this, please tell me!!!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Probably because they just don't think they can answer the question anymore and the topic has the end because its too old? Just giving an opinion.

Older topics are locked because they are just that, older topics.
Most of the issues raised and the questions asked in those older topics have been answered and addressed. Most older topics are no longer relevant to the current game, but rather than delete them, we leave them in place as a reference for others.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Older topics are locked because they are just that, older topics.
Most of the issues raised and the questions asked in those older topics have been answered and addressed. Most older topics are no longer relevant to the current game, but rather than delete them, we leave them in place as a reference for others.

And what about newer topics that get an obviously prescripted KingsIsle response, generally including little more than a link to elsewhere, and then get locked?

FoxFyr wrote:

And what about newer topics that get an obviously prescripted KingsIsle response, generally including little more than a link to elsewhere, and then get locked?

Those are usually topics that have been repeatedly answered, and are duplicates. The links go to the original topic, or in some cases, the answer in the support section of the website.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:

Those are usually topics that have been repeatedly answered, and are duplicates. The links go to the original topic, or in some cases, the answer in the support section of the website.

Maybe so. However, not all of them are duplicates, and they certainly don't need to be locked - for all we know, the person who created the thread first went to the "official" answer, and was dissatisfied.