Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Hound Training Question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
Why is it that most pet hybrids, you dont have to train them. Like Orthrus plus Hydra for example. I got Cerberus off that and yet I didn't have to train Cerberus to get the card off it.Yet when I hatched my Orhtrus with a Colossus the next day, I got an Ice Hound which had to be trained to EPIC! What is the deal with that?! I don't wanna have to train a hybrid of 2 school pets just to get one single card. Lord knows it would take me at least a month to reach Epic on that thing with regular snacks. I can't afford these Mega Snack Packs. So why make people train an ice Hound to Epic just to get a card and not even have to train most other school hybrid pets or school pets alone to get a card? An answer would be much appreciated.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
My ice hound loved the frosted drake cereal. You can buy the recipe in the ds boot shop. It gained 8 experience each time from the snack. I don't know if there is a higher level ice snack now in celestia, but check. It is a pain to get it to epic, but totally worth it with this pet.