Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Leviathan Animation Needs Work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
This is just my personal opinion, take it as you will.

I am enjoying the new content and challenges of Celestia so far. I have some minor complaints, the biggest of which so far is the repetitive shark killing in the District of Stars.

However, I recently saw someone use Leviathan, which is not only the highest single target damage spell in the game, but is Storm's level 58 spell. I strongly feel you should reconsider the animation.

In short, in its current form, it is an epic fail. Literally. It builds up and builds up and we get a tail thwack, not even a dragon breath or lightning or a tidal wave. Look at the other animations and though the model of the creature is on par with the others, it is a lot less satisfying.

Anyway, my opinion. Sorry if this is not the correct form.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Your kidding right? Leviathan has one of the most epic animations in the game currently, it needs no work.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
Agree to disagree. It's an epic tail thwack, but I was expecting more *shrug*.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah, i agree. The lvl 58 spells are awesome cards, but one or two of them need better animations. Leviathan, and i think skeletal dragon is missing a sound effect when he jumps up. You hear the bones crackle, then he roars, But when he springs up, its silent. And one last thing i think they need to fix on the lvl 58 spells. The forest lord is to slow. In all the videos where they speed the duels up, the forest lord looks epic with its kung fu attacks. But when the real spell is casted, it takes awhile.

So all that need work is leviathan, skeletal dragon(sound) and forest lord needs go faster. And be all crazy billy ninja :D

But either way, CELESTIA AND THE LVL 58 SPELLS ARE EPIC

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I agree. The tail whack was unexpected considering the the buildup and was disappointing.

Another animation that I feel is too long is RA. He spends too much time and emphasis on placing his staff on the ground PER ENEMY when really it is the lifting of his ankh and having the sun's energies channelled through it that does the actual damage. It would be better if the animation of planting the staff into the ground was only done once.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I honestly dont think it needs animation work... Although I think it needs some major sound improvement. It would be by far better than any spell, if it had some more sounds.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
kidchaor3 wrote:
Yeah, i agree. The lvl 58 spells are awesome cards, but one or two of them need better animations. Leviathan, and i think skeletal dragon is missing a sound effect when he jumps up. You hear the bones crackle, then he roars, But when he springs up, its silent. And one last thing i think they need to fix on the lvl 58 spells. The forest lord is to slow. In all the videos where they speed the duels up, the forest lord looks epic with its kung fu attacks. But when the real spell is casted, it takes awhile.

So all that need work is leviathan, skeletal dragon(sound) and forest lord needs go faster. And be all crazy billy ninja :D

think forest lord is slow? ra is WAY SLOWER

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Akiyamakun wrote:
kidchaor3 wrote:

think forest lord is slow? ra is WAY SLOWER

I have not seen Ra in game yet. Just in videos where they speed it up. But i believe you.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
i do not have Leviathan yet,but i have seen it before and i agree, it does need better animation.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
In my opinion that spell is Awesome,

Just a little more tone would do it though.

Cody.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
In my opinion, I think Leviathan is awesome, just the way it is. I like the animations for each and every spell for that matter, KI has done an excellent job with all the spells.

One thing I think I must point out, is that this is a Family Game. I don't think anything gruesome or bloody would be appropriate. That being said, why would you want to change what is clearly a great spell?

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I have to agree that leviathan could use some better animation. As a storm I was really excited and couldn't wait to get my level 58 spell. Then when I saw it I was like "You're joking right??" lol. I have to admit that I've went back to using lord or triton simply because in my opinion they look much better. I usually only use leviathan when someone asks me to because they haven't seen it yet.

Just my thoughts and no disrespect meant to anyone for voicing their opinions.