Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Balance Spell Questline

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Ok, one sentence: Helios is hard!

I understand that the spell is worth it, but i've tried multiple times to defeat him, and died many times off of the critical hits. And the part where he puts a hex on you whenever you shield or put on a charm is outrageous. My ONLY chance of survival is 3 things. 1. HIGH Fire resist 2. Mander Minion 3. Crit Block, which never seems to work for me.

I am now thinking of just hiring henchmen for when I purchase the $40 Gift Card. KI, maybe there is something you could do about Helios? The least you could do was never add in his minion. I'm REALLY not trying to complain, me and my friend are just upset that we came a long way to reach level 58 and get stuck at a road block. Still love the game, though!

-Sean Stormshard, Undead Crusader, Level 58 Sorcerer

Historian
May 15, 2009
these bosses really aren't that hard

all you need to do is prepare
all the bosses place a hex if you charm of shield i believe

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

I have tried over and over, Do you have to defeat helios alone? I tried to bring a friend but can't enter except alone.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
helios not that hard i know that

yes helios is a cheating boss but he only cheat on cue

be well prepare for a hard boss

William HawkGrove legendary Sorcerer

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Helios can be difficult but he is not impossible. Here are a few tips of defeating him without the use of crowns.

1) as soon as you enter his chamber place a mark.

2) only use shields. The shields will take the edge off the damage from the hex.

3) kill minion first. If you happen to die, port back to your mark. Helios will then be alone. Place another mark before approaching him again.

4) keep healing and shield cards in your treasure deck for easy access. Use pixies, fairies, and sprites. They will use up less of your pips giving you a chance to save up for large hit.

These are the tactics i used when fighting him and it worked quite well.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 60 Balance

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Nope Not All Bosses do that cheat, Talos Doesn't when i did my quest for Medusa.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
fastbreak65 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

I have tried over and over, Do you have to defeat helios alone? I tried to bring a friend but can't enter except alone.

I was thinking the exact same thing.......... I have multiple characters on separate accounts and tried to get my level 43 character to help me. Although he is balance, he could not enter. I waited at least an hour for someone to come by and say: "Do you need help with you level 58 ra quest for Helios's Hideout?" But no one came! I went to take my cousin to the aquarium that day and when I came back to play Wizard101, a girl was standing there. She went on the sigil, and then I did the same, but after the countdown ended, it said: "Error! Failed to load instance zone!" I swear my mouth literally dropped open and thought all hope was lost. I thought that was my only chance of defeating Helios to collect this "Sun Shard" thing for summoning Ra. Was the error because only one person may enter at a time? Or was it just my computer? I'm not asking for answers, but still that was a TOTAL rip off. But I will not stop trying to defeat Helios!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
superluther wrote:
Helios can be difficult but he is not impossible. Here are a few tips of defeating him without the use of crowns.

1) as soon as you enter his chamber place a mark.

2) only use shields. The shields will take the edge off the damage from the hex.

3) kill minion first. If you happen to die, port back to your mark. Helios will then be alone. Place another mark before approaching him again.

4) keep healing and shield cards in your treasure deck for easy access. Use pixies, fairies, and sprites. They will use up less of your pips giving you a chance to save up for large hit.

These are the tactics i used when fighting him and it worked quite well.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 60 Balance

I tried what you said until when I came to step number 3, it said server failed. failed to load instance zone when I tried to port back. So sry, it doesn't work.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Coolkc456 wrote:
fastbreak65 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing.......... I have multiple characters on separate accounts and tried to get my level 43 character to help me. Although he is balance, he could not enter. I waited at least an hour for someone to come by and say: "Do you need help with you level 58 ra quest for Helios's Hideout?" But no one came! I went to take my cousin to the aquarium that day and when I came back to play Wizard101, a girl was standing there. She went on the sigil, and then I did the same, but after the countdown ended, it said: "Error! Failed to load instance zone!" I swear my mouth literally dropped open and thought all hope was lost. I thought that was my only chance of defeating Helios to collect this "Sun Shard" thing for summoning Ra. Was the error because only one person may enter at a time? Or was it just my computer? I'm not asking for answers, but still that was a TOTAL rip off. But I will not stop trying to defeat Helios!

I finally cheated and used henchmen. sry. It worked though.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
One word: defense. I bought all the fire shields and dispells I could. However the fact that I practice Moon magic also had something to do with me defeating Helios, so if you can you should get some Treant and Cat Bandit Polymorph cards. They really come in handy when fighting Helios.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Thanks for the information! This was very helpful. Last night i tried to defeat Helios, but unfortunately, i didnt have any crowns to spare. Thankfully, I will be getting some in a few days, so I can finally beat Helios! :-D

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 58 Balance
Rylee Legendwalker, Level 10 Storm

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
Yeah i defeated helios on my first try with no henchman, and no minion. Yes he is hard but he is nowhere near undefeatable. If you are having trouble, just prepare yourself with the right cards :) with the right cards, you can defeat him every time!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I just did this and it was easier than the death and myth quest.
Mark your spot outside, prior to going in. Just in case.
I used minions and shields. No blades or traps.
Minions did most of the work. Mostly I just kept myself healed or build up pips to use judgement.
Took only a few minutes.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2009
I just did it - what REALLY helped me was to get the morph spell from one of the new schools (moon?) and place several in the deck. he has more health and so can last longer. i used him 3x - and the last one, at the end, saved me.

also no shields or blades. hard!

yes, mark your spot. kill the sidekick first, and when you come back after being defeated, he'll be gone.

another thing - put a few balance minions on (helpful mander) - he'll blade you up and shield you, and take the hits from the boss.

it's do-able!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
when i watched a video of his fight, he always said "a charm! lets even the playing field" or "a ward! lets even the playing field" i never knew what he meant but now i know

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Community Leader
Keep using your minions. No blades ,traps or shields, Only hit him. Let your minion get all those traps he puts. Heal as needed.

If you can afford a level 60 life henchman it helps but is not needed.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Moser wrote:
Ok, one sentence: Helios is hard!

I understand that the spell is worth it, but i've tried multiple times to defeat him, and died many times off of the critical hits. And the part where he puts a hex on you whenever you shield or put on a charm is outrageous. My ONLY chance of survival is 3 things. 1. HIGH Fire resist 2. Mander Minion 3. Crit Block, which never seems to work for me.

I am now thinking of just hiring henchmen for when I purchase the $40 Gift Card. KI, maybe there is something you could do about Helios? The least you could do was never add in his minion. I'm REALLY not trying to complain, me and my friend are just upset that we came a long way to reach level 58 and get stuck at a road block. Still love the game, though!

-Sean Stormshard, Undead Crusader, Level 58 Sorcerer
The level 58 spell quests are unbelievably easy I had to battle a boss like yours (except he was death and had more health 13,000) and I won on my first try all you need to do is prepare

Defender
May 06, 2009
The level 58 spell quests are unbelievably easy I had to battle a boss like yours (except he was death and had more health 13,000) and I won on my first try all you need to do is prepare

Young wizard you are trying to compair apples and oranages. Things that are different are not the same. Things that aren't the same are different. EVERY school EXCEPT for balance gets a school shield that they can stack in their deck more coppies then out of school spells and reduces damage by 80%. They also have the added perk of having shields from other schools that they can also put in. Balance on the other hand doesn't have a class shield. The only shield that I know of that works against balance is tower shield, so being out of school you can have .. what 5 of them (sorry not in game to actually check my deck) that only reduces the damage by 50%. So that being said balance does have a more difficult time at this "assuming" of course that the boss does what the death and life bosses did which was strictly stick to their own school's spells.

NOW for the OP. I have done the life and death level 58 spells and like others said shield shield shield. MY strat I would mostlikely suggest would be run with a small deck, stacked with shields and 1 damage spell and reshuffle of course even appropriate traps and blades and some heals. Use reshuffle reguarly so that you can have infinate tower shields up. That should reduce the damage intake severaly. Relativly speaking it is similar in stratigy but being balance you will rely on reshuffle a heck of a lot more then any other class wizard. Then again being balance you can reshuffle with 2 power pips unlike other schools needing 4 pips.

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
cole2142 wrote:
Nope Not All Bosses do that cheat, Talos Doesn't when i did my quest for Medusa.

Talos does too cheat it took me forever to get medusa.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Conjurer
Flint Lifethief level 16 Necromancer ( i think adept)

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
steveheffner wrote:

Young wizard you are trying to compair apples and oranages. Things that are different are not the same. Things that aren't the same are different. EVERY school EXCEPT for balance gets a school shield that they can stack in their deck more coppies then out of school spells and reduces damage by 80%. They also have the added perk of having shields from other schools that they can also put in. Balance on the other hand doesn't have a class shield. The only shield that I know of that works against balance is tower shield, so being out of school you can have .. what 5 of them (sorry not in game to actually check my deck) that only reduces the damage by 50%. So that being said balance does have a more difficult time at this "assuming" of course that the boss does what the death and life bosses did which was strictly stick to their own school's spells.

NOW for the OP. I have done the life and death level 58 spells and like others said shield shield shield. MY strat I would mostlikely suggest would be run with a small deck, stacked with shields and 1 damage spell and reshuffle of course even appropriate traps and blades and some heals. Use reshuffle reguarly so that you can have infinate tower shields up. That should reduce the damage intake severaly. Relativly speaking it is similar in stratigy but being balance you will rely on reshuffle a heck of a lot more then any other class wizard. Then again being balance you can reshuffle with 2 power pips unlike other schools needing 4 pips. I didn't use a single shield the whole battle >_> so he should still have an easy time even easier than me cause all i had was sacrifice which heal wasn't even that strong and on top of that I couldn't use it when I had blades or it was just a waste of pips. I also had to use converts for every move he didn't he's balance. Its just obv that all the level 58 spell quests are easy and if you are failing at it you have one of these three problems: 1. Your deck is not set up right. 2. Your clothes are not fit for your current level and you should try to get something better. 3. You keep fizzling or getting unlucky which happens to everyone just keep trying and eventually you'll get there.