Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stormriven

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
This is no longer any fun. I love a challenge, too but this is ridiculous.

You have two enemies. They each start out with six pips. They go first.

This means that before you can shield, they immediately hit with Grand spells and you're dead.
I've died a dozen times now trying to get a medallion piece that they refuse to drop. I spend more time running back from the base camp than actually fighting.
And that's enough of this.

This is no longer fun, but an exercise in frustration. My question to you, KI - Did you actually play through this or just seat-of your-pants it?

I suppose if you buy a ton of Elixirs you have a chance, but that's not going to happen with me.
I spend when I feel like it, not because the game mechanic forces me to, and if you don't rethink the frustrations on Celestia, you won't be getting the standard sub fee from me either.

This is past a challenge and right into impossible.

Defender
May 30, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:

This means that before you can shield, they immediately hit with Grand spells and you're dead.
I've died a dozen times now trying to get a medallion piece that they refuse to drop. I spend more time running back from the base camp than actually fighting.

This is no longer fun, but an exercise in frustration. My question to you, KI - Did you actually play through this or just seat-of your-pants it?

I suppose if you buy a ton of Elixirs you have a chance, but that's not going to happen with me.
I spend when I feel like it, not because the game mechanic forces me to, and if you don't rethink the frustrations on Celestia, you won't be getting the standard sub fee from me either.

With my death character I haven't had too much difficulty with winning battles, but the sheer amount of time I spend collecting items for quest is INSANE. It took me an hour and a half to collect 3 items.... I was frustrated and tired of playing by the time I got done. This game was once fun and I enjoyed playing it but now it's just annoying. I guess I'll just follow everyone else and find a new game to play.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i totally agree..
thru out the whole world it is like this.

they are trying to force you in to playing in teams...

but you need to remember the first spot in the battle circle will be hit the most then it seems to be more random after then once the first person dies and flees and ports back

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:

I know what you mean but its actually quite possiable. Dont give up My tip is that dont try to solo the regular monsters, just join a battle
i've alrdy beat stormriven so its possiable plus i've seen level 60 wizards so everything in cl is possiable

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
What You Can Try Is Bring a friend and Make sure He Or Her Can Heal So You Have A CHANCE .I Pretty Far In Celestia(i in The Scienece Center)

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:

For those fights could you switch into higher health bonus gear and clothes? If you can survive the first two hits you might have a chance.

Load some low level spells in your deck to discard so you can get a treasure card. With the extra heath from gear and clothes and loading up the health in the sideboard.

There have been many times when I thought and others said that something or some character can't be solo'd but I just had to play them a few times to see what was going on then go in and beat them.

I been dying quite a few times in Celestia but I'm still holding my own ground.

Historian
May 15, 2009
thats why you need friends
or use polymorphs
it helps
and minions we summon should behave like they should