Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ignore this it has idiots who posted

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Ok here's what I rate the schools and why.

#1. Fire -Affective spells. Good accuracy
(Around 70%).

#2. Myth -Gets to summon minions. Good accuracy (Around 75%)

#3. Storm -GREAT power. Bad accuracy, you could also say bad health.

#4. Balance -OK healing. Not very affective spells. Good buffs.

#5. Ice -Good health. Bad power. Good accuracy.

#6 Life -Good healing. Good health. No affective attack spells.

#7 Death -Worst power. Evil proffeser. Horrible dome spell.

If you disagree then that's fine.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

Let's ask someone from a School besides Fire what they think of THIS, shall we?

Death happens to own the mighty Feint Spell, the pinnacle of Boosts, so powerful it needs to put a Trap on the caster just to maintain a semblance of balance. Also, Death is the only School that can spend a turn multitasking, dealing Damage and Healing themselves. In all technicality, Malistaire wasn't evil when he was a Professor, and is not a Professor now; the Professor of Death is Dworgyn.

Life does actually get a decent Damage Spell at Level 12, again at Level 22, then at Level 33, then again at Level 58. Ergo, we can say that Life gets effective Attack Spells.

Ice's entire point of existence is survival, hence the high Health and generic, powerful Shields, such as IceArmor (level 28, I believe) and TowerShield (Level 16). Ice happens to have a powerful Blade and Trap.

Balance exists to mess with combat, hence the Reshuffle, PowerPlay, and DonatePower Spells, as well as the plethora of Wards and Charms. As for attacks, while all but one (Judgement, Level 28) are fairly weak, Balance is the only School that can deal a Damage type of another School (SpectralBlast at Level 26 and Hydra at Level 42).

Storm deals Damage, plain and simple. Storm has more Blades and Traps applicable to it's Damage type than any other School; the low Health and Accuracy are for the sake of balance.

Myth specializes in Minions, officially, but it's true power is in hitting multiple times (often with the help of Minions). Myth has more Minions than any other School, and more "Double-Hit" Attacks as well. Couple that with Spells that take off Wards automatically, and Myth's Shield-burning abilities rival and perhaps exceed those of Fire.

Now, to Fire. Fire's specialty is Damage Over Time Attacks. These make Healing difficult to perform effectively - just how well can you use a Pixie when you're going to take a bunch of Damage for the next few Rounds? - and burn Shields (pardon the pun) extremely well. This can make using Traps difficult, but it makes using Shields quite hard for the target.

Okay, NOW you can decide which Schools are the best.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

Death happens to own the mighty Feint Spell, the pinnacle of Boosts, so powerful it needs to put a Trap on the caster just to maintain a semblance of balance. Also, Death is the only School that can spend a turn multitasking, dealing Damage and Healing themselves. In all technicality, Malistaire wasn't evil when he was a Professor, and is not a Professor now; the Professor of Death is Dworgyn.

Life does actually get a decent Damage Spell at Level 12, again at Level 22, then at Level 33, then again at Level 58. Ergo, we can say that Life gets effective Attack Spells.

Ice's entire point of existence is survival, hence the high Health and generic, powerful Shields, such as IceArmor (level 28, I believe) and TowerShield (Level 16). Ice happens to have a powerful Blade and Trap.

Balance exists to mess with combat, hence the Reshuffle, PowerPlay, and DonatePower Spells, as well as the plethora of Wards and Charms. As for attacks, while all but one (Judgement, Level 28) are fairly weak, Balance is the only School that can deal a Damage type of another School (SpectralBlast at Level 26 and Hydra at Level 42).

Storm deals Damage, plain and simple. Storm has more Blades and Traps applicable to it's Damage type than any other School; the low Health and Accuracy are for the sake of balance.

Myth specializes in Minions, officially, but it's true power is in hitting multiple times (often with the help of Minions). Myth has more Minions than any other School, and more "Double-Hit" Attacks as well. Couple that with Spells that take off Wards automatically, and Myth's Shield-burning abilities rival and perhaps exceed those of Fire.

Now, to Fire. Fire's specialty is Damage Over Time Attacks. These make Healing difficult to perform effectively - just how well can you use a Pixie when you're going to take a bunch of Damage for the next few Rounds? - and burn Shields (pardon the pun) extremely well. This can make using Traps difficult, but it makes using Shields quite hard for the target.

Listen he is an ASSISTANT of death.

,Tyler LifeCaller level 50 fire
Ryan SilverCoin level 29 myth
Taylor LifeCaller level 12 life

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

Listen he is an ASSISTANT of death.

,Tyler LifeCaller level 50 fire
Ryan SilverCoin level 29 myth
Taylor LifeCaller level 12 life

I sense class bigotry. By the way, I have six characters and NONE are Necromancers.

Dugan DragonCloud, Master Sorcerer
Tanner WillowForge, Adept Theurgist
Liam RavenPyre, Journeyman Conjurer
Tristan DragonPyre, Initiate Pyromancer
Chase RainRider, Apprentice Diviner
Hannah ... (shoot, I can't remember her last name!!!!!), Apprentice Thaumaturgist (yeah, I made a female Wizard. What are you going to do about it?)

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

i totally disagree! death is not horrible, it has some of the best attacks in my opinion. note how i said ONE of the best not the best. the other dude is right it has the pinnacle of traps, feint. it comes in handy. allot of my friends ask for a feint on big bosses or they put it up themselves. i think you dont like death cause your prejudusted against it. just cause the teach is bad it doesnt make the rest of us necromancers the same evilness. yes i am a necromancer and proud of it! (grand death btw) i havent heard much of this prejudice against us death wiz but i find all prejudices very aggravating which doesnt make me appeal much to the ppl who are saying those awful things. also it has draining spells which means you can attack and somewhat heal at the same time!
but i do agree that it has a HORRIBLE dome (field) spell doom and gloom. why couldnt KI have made it like 50% to next drain spell? can you fix it to that KI?

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
As well as all the different spells that all the schools have, they also are better in different areas!

Max Level PvP
Storm 6/10
Fire 6.5/10
Life 7/10
Death 7/10
Ice 9/10
Balance 9.5/10
Myth 10/10

Group PvE
Myth 5/10
Death 6/10
Fire 6/10
Ice 7/10
Life 7.5/10
Balance 8/10
Storm 10/10

Solo PvE
Balance 4/10
Fire 5/10
Myth 6/10
Storm 8/10
Life 8/10
Ice 9/10
Death 10/10

So each school has its advantages and disadvantages, like storm is really good for PvE in groups but in solo and pvp it isn't as powerful due to extremely low life

And death has no powerful attack all enemies, but heals enough to sustain and keep going :D

And balance is a killer in PvP and good at boosting attacks, but in solo it finds it hard to hit hard on mulitple enemies!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

Obviously you don't have much experience in the game to know the schools' spells and specialty.
Read the Player's Guide to know why each school have such stats, or what FoxFyr said.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kaleeraisen wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

(Around 70%).

i totally disagree! death is not horrible, it has some of the best attacks in my opinion. note how i said ONE of the best not the best. the other dude is right it has the pinnacle of traps, feint. it comes in handy. allot of my friends ask for a feint on big bosses or they put it up themselves. i think you dont like death cause your prejudusted against it. just cause the teach is bad it doesnt make the rest of us necromancers the same evilness. yes i am a necromancer and proud of it! (grand death btw) i havent heard much of this prejudice against us death wiz but i find all prejudices very aggravating which doesnt make me appeal much to the ppl who are saying those awful things. also it has draining spells which means you can attack and somewhat heal at the same time!
but i do agree that it has a HORRIBLE dome (field) spell doom and gloom. why couldnt KI have made it like 50% to next drain spell? can you fix it to that KI?

The reason for doom and gloom is to keep its polar opposite, life, from using their primary advantage of healing. I agree that it has a niche use, but it is effective in that niche. Every class has one of those spells. At least it can be effective in solo play and in the arena, vs. some of the other class spells. :)

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Alrigh even though i am a Balance Student and i believe that no school is the best, here are my ratings for each school on a scale of 1%-100%.

Storm 70% (bad accuracy, and low health)

Fire 75% (bad accuracy, not really high health)

Ice 85% (good defenese, epic health, not the best attacks though)

Life 90% (good healing and health, not the best attacks also)

Death 95% (good buffs, nice multitasking attacks, ok health, good accuracy)

Myth 80% (ok accuracy, ok attacks, a little low on health)

Balance 100% (good buffs, ok health, good accuracy, awsome attacks!!!! ex:
Add a Bowl of Judgement
Add a Full Cup with 14 pips total
Add a Pinch of Buffs
Add a Sprig of Wards
Add a shake of Star Spell
Add some treasure cards
Mix it all up
And you get.........
A WHOPPING BALANCE ATTACK OVER 4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx for reading!