Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why maguses and masters dont accept requests

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
i have a sub. and when im in bazzar theres always a level 10 or 5 guy trying to friend me just cuz they see im Oni Slayer and when people see me go into bartleby they try friending me. its just a cheap way to TRY to get to other worlds

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Same here, and they wonder why I turn down a few friend requests, it is nothing personal at all though, I just hav seen to many ppl asking to b my friend, then once I am in a higher world than them they just port and run off without asking! So that's why we don't friend lower levels (well atleast why I don't). Again, no offense.(well I will friend someone if they are nice, but just so many arnt these days, I was helping my low level (level 5) friend, and somone went into a battle with her, they were nice and we both got a friend request after, so I excepted that. However, if they had just friended me with no reason other than my level, my thought is all they will want is help, and I would be fine with that, if they could return the favor at times.) That's all I have to say.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you don't want to accept friend requests from smaller wizards, that's your privilege. To lump them all into the same category of being help-me pests or teleport-to's is stereotyping. There are good and bad ones. I generally friend most smaller wizards who request it. The ones who bug me nonstop for help or use me to get to bigger worlds are quickly removed.

It does require time and patience to help smaller wizards. Some of us are able to do that, others aren't or won't.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
i get what you guys mean cause i had to help an old non chatter friend that i removed farm on the fire elf guy in firecat when i was dealing with stuff in GRIZZLEHIEM

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
i mean i'll friend ANY WIZARD no matter what as long as we start off with a decent conversation lol

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I think it depends on your personality, rather. Some people will happily accept every single friend-invite they get, no matter who it's from. Just the same, some people will attempt to friend everyone they see, no matter the level.

I, personally, refuse friend requests from all menu chat users - not based on the assumption that they are unable to be decent duelists, but simply because I find the menu system to be far too lacking in ways of communicating. I also refuse all random requests, to the point where I must A) have had a halfway decent conversation with a person, or B) have experienced their dueling style and talked to them as well.

As said, it's a matter of personality. Some people don't mind lower level wizards teleporting to them almost no matter where they are; others would prefer it if said randomly teleporting low level wizards would go play on the highway, and others yet only take on friends of a specific age or gender.

I generally don't think it's limited to whatever level a person is - though it is my experience that high-level characters are more bugged down with random friend requests than low-levels. I find the simplest of cures for that is to carry around a low-level title (such as Savior of Unicorn Way); even if you're decked out in full level 60 battle gear, the title seems to deter most of the invites.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Never accept a friend request even his level is bigger than you if ha have not helped you in battle or you helped him and he thxed you. Or your friend made you meet that guy and he's friendly. Is his helping?

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
i feel your pain dude. its getting common for me to get lower lvl people asking me to be their friend. ugh i hate it. they either just want to get to places that are to dang tough for them, or want someone of a higher lvl to do all their quests for them! its getting annoying! i am not about to add a lvl 10 person unless its another char of my friends. i mean come on peoples were not ferrys so dont ask me to just take someone to a high lvl world!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
well, i have my invite turned off by default. i figure someone can either ask to be added or i can ask. but if asked, i will temp add someone to help them out. i try to keep a few spaces open for this.
i let them know what i am doing so they don't take it personally. it's just easier to add someone temp when running them through a dungeon. when a low lvl asks me to add them i will ask them what they need. or if they need help with something. i wish we had more spaces.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
oh, sry i forgot to say. i am a grand theurgist. so if i am in the bazaar i will get spammed with invites if it is not turned off. not a whole lot, but enough. i don't mind. but if someone wants help, all they need to do is ask. if i don't have the time right away, i will temp add them, then help them later. or if i meet a cool low lvl, i might add them anyway if they ask. a few of my grand buddies i met when they were still in krock, or mb and i had been a grand for a while.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
I think it depends on your personality, rather. Some people will happily accept every single friend-invite they get, no matter who it's from. Just the same, some people will attempt to friend everyone they see, no matter the level.

I, personally, refuse friend requests from all menu chat users - not based on the assumption that they are unable to be decent duelists, but simply because I find the menu system to be far too lacking in ways of communicating. I also refuse all random requests, to the point where I must A) have had a halfway decent conversation with a person, or B) have experienced their dueling style and talked to them as well.

As said, it's a matter of personality. Some people don't mind lower level wizards teleporting to them almost no matter where they are; others would prefer it if said randomly teleporting low level wizards would go play on the highway, and others yet only take on friends of a specific age or gender.

I generally don't think it's limited to whatever level a person is - though it is my experience that high-level characters are more bugged down with random friend requests than low-levels. I find the simplest of cures for that is to carry around a low-level title (such as Savior of Unicorn Way); even if you're decked out in full level 60 battle gear, the title seems to deter most of the invites.

i can see you and i would get along very well, but i partially agree and partially disagree because i have lots of high level friends even on my low level characters
this is because even at a low level i was alwasy very good with my cards
and was always very useful in a fight even in worlds such as celestia

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
i think its because they think they will get huge waves of requests after battles or pvp or anything they do. 8)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I think you are very wrong in your assumption. My son plays and friends everyone because he likes people, and talking with people. He has went to other places with them but it's not his primary goal in friending people. I on the other hand play and hate talking with people so I never send requests. I do help people and will accept requests. I just don't send them.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
There is a choice in the options menu if you want to block them or not.
It helps a lot; it says I'm an Oni Slayer but nobody can add me.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
yeah i hate it when lower lvls try to befriend me just because they commented on what i was wearing, a pet or a mount. is anyone seriously going to add you just because i said thanks to a compliment? for those who are getting higher in lvl, BE PREPARED. i wouldnt add anyone who says TAKE ME TO _______! either, they just want to lvl up fast and piggy back of us higher levels. i personally wont add anyone who says that, or people who pay me compliments, or just random friend requests. think of what you say before you say it and consider other peoples feelings.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
starwarsguy765 wrote:
i have a sub. and when im in bazzar theres always a level 10 or 5 guy trying to friend me just cuz they see im Oni Slayer and when people see me go into bartleby they try friending me. its just a cheap way to TRY to get to other worlds

Yeah it gets annoying, since i've gotten many requests i've turned down. Why? I just dont think it's right to be friends with some random guy. But trust me, i've had 2 accounts under level 10, and only one account has even a single friend.

P.S. Your likely to get a request for a friend if you help someone beat a Dungeon, like Akilles Keep.

-Megan Frostcaster Level. 35

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:

I disagree with the 1st reason, because i'm a level 30+ yet I can't Text Chat yet, and yet i'm pretty good at dueling.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
For me its not that I have anything wrong with lower level wizards. I have all those requests turned off. (friend and group) I would prefer to fight alongside someone for a couple of fights so that I can get to know them. If someone asks me to friend them, I make sure to ask if they want help with something first. And I also explain to them that I will not add anyone I have not done battles with. But I have experienced the ones that just want a lapdog or a ferry. It got to the point that I could not complete my own quests due to getting asked for help constantly. If help was ASKED for and not demanded at that. But there are reasons that I have my wizards set that way. Such as I was in Krok, helping a friend with the big minotaur fight and after another wizard asked if I would help them do the same fight. I said sure. I had my title set to a lower level title. I jumped in the fight with this person, just for them to jump out of it. She then said to me "ha ha have fun dying." Now I was being nice and helpful which I usually am. But when you deal with people being like that you just start ignoring friend requests and such.
What really gets me are the ones that when you don't accept their friend request they either keep resending one or start sending group invites. It just makes it to where a lot of us change our title to a lower level, just to go to Wizard City or we just don't accept friend requests.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Now I can see your point here. My friend Wolf WindHammer is working on either Marleybone or Mooshu, while i'm still working on Grizzleheim and Krokotopia... I port to Wolf if he needs help, and he ports to me when i need help. If one of us is asked for help but is in our own problems we understand each other... but when I am working on Krokotopia and someone I had added earlier ports to me and starts aggravating me... I delete them, switch realms and continue on as if nothing had ever happened...

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
What ticks me off is that sometimes when I push enter to start typing a message, someone sends me a friend request and then I am automatically their friend. It happened to me one time, then the dude i accidently added started to run off, then i deleted him