Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Left Handed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Out of curiosity does any other (left handed) wizard feel that they should be able to hold their wand/staff/sword in their left hand? I feel that being able to choose also brings a more realistic characteristic to the game because EVERY wizard can't be right handed. I'm left handed and would rather my wizards be left handed as well.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
jayjay1028 wrote:
Out of curiosity does any other (left handed) wizard feel that they should be able to hold their wand/staff/sword in their left hand? I feel that being able to choose also brings a more realistic characteristic to the game because EVERY wizard can't be right handed. I'm left handed and would rather my wizards be left handed as well.

I would love to see left-handed Wizards. Not giving us that option is, frankly, handism on the part of KingsIsle.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Yeah, I know how you feel. It's hard to be a lefty in a world of right handed. I've played a lot of games where you need to be right handed to make it easier. Though truthfully I really don't all that much care if my wizard holds it in the right hand, it's not like we ever write with the wand so *shrugs*

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm a righty and I think this is a great idea! I'm not sure if this can be done in the game, but it's a great idea.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Even though I'm a righty, I think it's an awesome idea! I was actually thinking about this a couple days ago XD If this ever happens, I might make my wizard hold her wand in her left hand just to be different XD

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
What would you do for ambidextrous (Right AND left handed) people like me though.

Simply just put in an option to switch it in the options, in my opinion.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
What would you do for ambidextrous (Right AND left handed) people like me though.

I think an option that will please everyone is the ability to swap between hands. That way, righties could keep their wand in their right hand, lefties in their left, and ambidextrous people could change it at will, all without having to make a new character.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
sparky1233334444 wrote:

You could hold two wands

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Agletizer wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

You could hold two wands

I wish that could happen. But, I think that's funny!

Defender
May 16, 2009
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Think of how long it's going to take. KI'll have to reskin every single torso clothing item (with colors) to make left handed wands. It will take longer than Celestia. xD

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
HorizonLightss wrote:
is it just me or does this feel a little OCD about this thread...

Every bloody time someone bring up a detail, someone just HAS to go and call it O.C.D. Every - bloody - time.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
There should be a choice if you are right handed and left handed. Even for the people that already have an account; if their email is activated, there should be an email sent to them asking what they want.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
jayjay1028 wrote:

I think there should be an ambidextrous option where you can choose to put your wand in your left hand, right hand, or both at once :)

P.S. I'm not ambidextrous, I'm right handed. But with this then you could change your wand-holding style at any time, and I think holding two at once would be cool.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
jayjay1028 wrote:
Yes! i am left handed! barely 1% of the human populaiton is left handed i mean come on what the fig?!!? i dont want to have a right handed wizard! its like having a right pawed cat! (my cat is left pawed)

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Having two wands or being ambidextrous is allowed only if you actually get no special effect from the other wand. This way, people who think it would look cool gets it, but doesnt necessarily become any stronger than others. To make up for this, only one wand scould be needed for holding two. I know, kind of unrealistic, but remember, games isnt supposed to be like real life. And its all about fairness anyway.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010