Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quitting game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
cotguy130 wrote:
but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

Actually, before they added the update making DS easier, it was like this. Sure, the bosses didn't cheat, but nothing was solo-able and there was many people who complained about it the same way people complain about Celestia now. You probably didn't know this, since you joined at about the same time they made it easier, but many people complained about DS being easier. Many people wanted a challenge, so KI gave us Celestia. In Mooshu, mobs had 700-800 health, and in Dragonspyre before the update they had 1000+ health.
Remember the Dragonspyre towers? Those were the Dragonspyre equivalent of cheating bosses. They are actually, IMO, harder then Celestian Cheating Bosses.

Darkblood1, you made it through 5 worlds, Dragonspyre towers and tons of hours of playing just to quit because you died a lot? I'm myth and probably have one of the hardest times in Celestia due to my low life, low attack, and useless minions. The trick is:

A)Find a team. There is a lot of really nice people who are willing to help. Some bosses will be impossible to solo. They were meant to be that way. You will need to find a team.

B)Find a deck that works. Less is more. For mobs, you want just what you need to kill. I rarely use a deck on mobs that is more then 20 cards.

C) Know your school. If your death, use it to your advantage, don't try to hit a lot with skeletal pirate, try to attack and heal. If your fire, use link a lot to heal (Use it every single turn for like 5 turns and you will get a lot of health back). If your ice, stock up shields, and slowly kill. You get the idea, try to figure out the best way to use your school to your advantage.

That's pretty much all you need to know to survive. Don't give up just because you died a few times.

i didnt have a problem with ds. although..... before the update, secure house was impossible

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
well, why dont you go to marlyebone were its EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course its gonna get harder

Hero
May 27, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
well, why dont you go to marlyebone were its EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course its gonna get harder

If you're not careful, you're gonna use up your exclamation mark allotment for the month. Take a chill pill, please. :P

Survivor
May 06, 2009
Ok, I've read this thread and even though I'm not in Celestia, I have to say this. The only reason why most of you are complaining about what the guy that posted this said is because you have alredy past this particular challenge and feel like he is being whiny about it. Well I agree with him too! If we have to make certain concessions as player characters then why shouldn't KingsIsle make concessions when the the player character's speak?
Not only that, challenge or no challenge, the computer AI should be able to register if it's a solo player or a group and adjust the difficulty accordingly. I've played this game so far mostly all the way through as a single player except for a few times where my quest has coincided with someone else. Why should I HAVE TO FIND A GROUP to complete chalenges as it gets harder? It's not right for KingsIsle to FORCE ME to find companions to play with if I don't choose to do so! Who has the right to TELL me HOW I should play? Isn't that MY decision, or did I wake up in a dictatorship and not know it?!

Seriously KingsIsle, a lot of players think you should re-think your development and gaming strategy, or as the original guy said, A lot of people are gonna start cancelling subscriptions. We're already paying for the game so the least you can do is listen to our input.

Sincerely,

Kiera Deathshade
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 10, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying. The enemies and bosses are WAY overpowered in Celestia. There was nothing between DS and CL that helps you prepare for this. Even I, as a Grandmaster level 50 when starting CL, am having a lot of trouble doing the quests. Do enemies and bosses really need to start out with 4 power pips? Do we really need cheating bosses? I know CL was meant to be challenging, but this is just ridiculous. This world is so frustrating, it is making people cancel their subscriptions and quit. I really think the power of the enemies and bosses in CL needs to be changed. Also, another big problem for me is the new fire school spell. Really? Only 895 damage with a big weakness? Storm's new spell does 1030 and takes away 2 blades/shields. That is way more powerful than ours. Also, the big weakness it gives is always wasted by some tiny 2 pip spell the enemy uses, so overall, our new spell is pretty useless. I really hope KI will fix these problems.

Devin Dragonflame Level 51 Fire Wizard

I hav eto totally disagree with you. I have efreet and it is devestating. storm spells are SUPPOSED to do more damage than anyone else in the game. I has always been like that and it always will be. If ya have not figured that out by now than you need to go back to square one, wizard city

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Speaking of our level 50 gear and the crown gear, how many of you also think it is high time they make level 50 crown gear for the shops?? I was mortified to find that they had not so good gear in the shops.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
cotguy130 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying, and I'm not even to Cuthalla yet.

There are reasons to adapt your playing style-slightly-to overcome certain opponents. I have no problem with that. Decker then lists 5 or 6 things you have to do to beat him-in a group.

The suggestions are valid. The point is that you shouldn't have to make that many adjustments to continue in the game. . The power level of this area should not have jumped so high all at once. There was no build to it. Yes, the worlds got harder, but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

People keep saying adapt or play another game. Those of us who play W101 as a casual pasttime and who don't base their self-esteem around it will do the latter. Do you really want that?

So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?

"So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?" <-- They will. It's called a revolving door. When you leave, a new player comes. Maybe two, three, ten new players in your place. So really...who are you trying to hurt? Don't abuse yourself just to get back at a COMPANY...won't work. Not unless you sue them. And honestly, this? Won't hold up in court. So...just play. No more aggro, play and don't get made at something that isn't even real. It's not even beyond your control.... "Where there is a will, there is a way." I suggest you send your willpower to the gym for a few bench presses.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
MurderousRampage wrote:
cotguy130 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying, and I'm not even to Cuthalla yet.

There are reasons to adapt your playing style-slightly-to overcome certain opponents. I have no problem with that. Decker then lists 5 or 6 things you have to do to beat him-in a group.

The suggestions are valid. The point is that you shouldn't have to make that many adjustments to continue in the game. . The power level of this area should not have jumped so high all at once. There was no build to it. Yes, the worlds got harder, but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

People keep saying adapt or play another game. Those of us who play W101 as a casual pasttime and who don't base their self-esteem around it will do the latter. Do you really want that?

So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?

"So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?" <-- They will. It's called a revolving door. When you leave, a new player comes. Maybe two, three, ten new players in your place. So really...who are you trying to hurt? Don't abuse yourself just to get back at a COMPANY...won't work. Not unless you sue them. And honestly, this? Won't hold up in court. So...just play. No more aggro, play and don't get made at something that isn't even real. It's not even beyond your control.... "Where there is a will, there is a way." I suggest you send your willpower to the gym for a few bench presses.

I know what your saying in all about the kids playing in celestia but think about this for a second everyone was complaining about Dragonspyre being so easy now everyone got what they wanted and now its too hard. And plus Kids who cant play this should play a Good Kid Game Like ToonTown it is a very Good Game and it is just like wizard 101 and it is way easier and it has nice Cartoon characters and everything. Kids would Love it i think parents who think this game is too hard should let thier kids play ToonTown.