Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quitting game

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Tonight i hit the place in game that i told myself if there was such a place it would be my stopping place in game and i would quit play.
I remember the Marleybone tower being skipped and killed without a hitting chance. Being Brutalized by the opponents and not having the least chance to fight back.
Tonight as i suffered thru Cuthalla, a boss, I saw what i didnt like in this game. The game really messed up here it cost them my sub. Because i dont know how much more is like Cuthalla, but at any point I dont play a game that is structured like this. Wizard 101 you have not made it challanging but highly frustrating and making players hate to return.
I do not think one member of the game staff ever played this Celicia, as they would have to agree. Too bad you once had a good game........
I do like a challange, but being passed over, being hit when the opponent should be stunned, watching the opponent heal with 5000 heals, from a saytar, watching the opponent have unlimited pips never using any, Cuthalla, is the prime example why I quit games, there has to be balance......

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight i hit the place in game that i told myself if there was such a place it would be my stopping place in game and i would quit play.
I remember the Marleybone tower being skipped and killed without a hitting chance. Being Brutalized by the opponents and not having the least chance to fight back.
Tonight as i suffered thru Cuthalla, a boss, I saw what i didnt like in this game. The game really messed up here it cost them my sub. Because i dont know how much more is like Cuthalla, but at any point I dont play a game that is structured like this. Wizard 101 you have not made it challanging but highly frustrating and making players hate to return.
I do not think one member of the game staff ever played this Celicia, as they would have to agree. Too bad you once had a good game........
I do like a challange, but being passed over, being hit when the opponent should be stunned, watching the opponent heal with 5000 heals, from a saytar, watching the opponent have unlimited pips never using any, Cuthalla, is the prime example why I quit games, there has to be balance......

I have to disagree with what your saying, the trick to fighting Cuthalla is to use no wands, and don't use any spells under 4 pips, no blades, traps, or shields, disable any pet that heals you, if you work as a team and everyone strikes at the same time, you will be fine, if your using henchmen then your wasting crowns fighting him, get a group and go over game play, that's how we done it and it was easy, just have to search for the balance your talking about, hope this helps. signed by me a Legendary Necromancer, Valkoor.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
I have to agree with what you're saying, and I'm not even to Cuthalla yet.

There are reasons to adapt your playing style-slightly-to overcome certain opponents. I have no problem with that. Decker then lists 5 or 6 things you have to do to beat him-in a group.

The suggestions are valid. The point is that you shouldn't have to make that many adjustments to continue in the game. . The power level of this area should not have jumped so high all at once. There was no build to it. Yes, the worlds got harder, but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

People keep saying adapt or play another game. Those of us who play W101 as a casual pasttime and who don't base their self-esteem around it will do the latter. Do you really want that?

So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
NOT REQUIRED! that's what this boss is. That boss is just available to gain really good drops, he's not required in any quest

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I disagree, it's only a game. like the saying goes: "At first you don't succeed, try , try again." If the game is so hard for you then why don't you ask friends for help? If you can't get help then figure out a battle strategy to defeat any of the bosses you need. It's that simple. Celestia is supposed to be hard because it's meant for GrandMasters only.
If your not happy with the game, then stop posting and leave KingsIsle alone.
Find something else to complain about that's more important to life than a game.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
crystallite123 wrote:
I disagree, it's only a game. like the saying goes: "At first you don't succeed, try , try again." If the game is so hard for you then why don't you ask friends for help? If you can't get help then figure out a battle strategy to defeat any of the bosses you need. It's that simple. Celestia is supposed to be hard because it's meant for GrandMasters only.
Find something else to complain about that's more important to life than a game.

There is no need to tell people not to complain and leave. It is rude.

Instead of telling people to figure out a strategy post things that have worked for you and deck setups. Teaching them really benefits us all, we all can learn from your tips. Some of us (myself included) just aren't that good at figuring out strategies.

Telling people CL is supposed to be hard is condescending and rude. We all know that. The game needs to challenge people and be fun. It doesn't take long to figure out this is not the case for lots of people. More of my friends are dismayed and unhappy than like it. That suggests there may be a problem that needs some attention from KI.

Having friends help is wonderful. But, there are times nobody else is on. Then one is truly stuck.

Megan

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
cotguy130 wrote:
but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

Actually, before they added the update making DS easier, it was like this. Sure, the bosses didn't cheat, but nothing was solo-able and there was many people who complained about it the same way people complain about Celestia now. You probably didn't know this, since you joined at about the same time they made it easier, but many people complained about DS being easier. Many people wanted a challenge, so KI gave us Celestia. In Mooshu, mobs had 700-800 health, and in Dragonspyre before the update they had 1000+ health.
Remember the Dragonspyre towers? Those were the Dragonspyre equivalent of cheating bosses. They are actually, IMO, harder then Celestian Cheating Bosses.

Darkblood1, you made it through 5 worlds, Dragonspyre towers and tons of hours of playing just to quit because you died a lot? I'm myth and probably have one of the hardest times in Celestia due to my low life, low attack, and useless minions. The trick is:

A)Find a team. There is a lot of really nice people who are willing to help. Some bosses will be impossible to solo. They were meant to be that way. You will need to find a team.

B)Find a deck that works. Less is more. For mobs, you want just what you need to kill. I rarely use a deck on mobs that is more then 20 cards.

C) Know your school. If your death, use it to your advantage, don't try to hit a lot with skeletal pirate, try to attack and heal. If your fire, use link a lot to heal (Use it every single turn for like 5 turns and you will get a lot of health back). If your ice, stock up shields, and slowly kill. You get the idea, try to figure out the best way to use your school to your advantage.

That's pretty much all you need to know to survive. Don't give up just because you died a few times.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
the boss you're talking about is un nesary and not part of a quest so that is why it is so hard if this was part of a quest i would be as mad as you are but since it isn't if you can't defeat him don't try the boss is just for good drops

Nicholas Giantleaf
level 38
life

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
dragonwisperer123 wrote:

A)Find a team. There is a lot of really nice people who are willing to help. Some bosses will be impossible to solo. They were meant to be that way. You will need to find a team.

B)Find a deck that works. Less is more. For mobs, you want just what you need to kill. I rarely use a deck on mobs that is more then 20 cards.

C) Know your school. If your death, use it to your advantage, don't try to hit a lot with skeletal pirate, try to attack and heal. If your fire, use link a lot to heal (Use it every single turn for like 5 turns and you will get a lot of health back). If your ice, stock up shields, and slowly kill. You get the idea, try to figure out the best way to use your school to your advantage.

Yeah i totally agree :D
I was soloing in Stormriven and i kept trying to get this fuse for something, and i formed a team with three other people all trying as well, with a team we all stuck together and supported each other when we didn't get the piece and everyone else did. Because if you stick loyal to your friends then they will stick loyal to you :D

We played as a team for 4 hours even though we had never met before, and now i have three good friends that i can trust :D
Also true about your deck - make sure you prepare it before each encounter (with a different enemy)
And learn how to play your school!

Celestia was made to be a noob free world and i am glad it is just that :D everyone there (or most) is reasonably good at what they do!

Mitchell Dragonheart
Grandmaster Storm
Level 56

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I have to agree with what you're saying. The enemies and bosses are WAY overpowered in Celestia. There was nothing between DS and CL that helps you prepare for this. Even I, as a Grandmaster level 50 when starting CL, am having a lot of trouble doing the quests. Do enemies and bosses really need to start out with 4 power pips? Do we really need cheating bosses? I know CL was meant to be challenging, but this is just ridiculous. This world is so frustrating, it is making people cancel their subscriptions and quit. I really think the power of the enemies and bosses in CL needs to be changed. Also, another big problem for me is the new fire school spell. Really? Only 895 damage with a big weakness? Storm's new spell does 1030 and takes away 2 blades/shields. That is way more powerful than ours. Also, the big weakness it gives is always wasted by some tiny 2 pip spell the enemy uses, so overall, our new spell is pretty useless. I really hope KI will fix these problems.

Devin Dragonflame Level 51 Fire Wizard

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
crystallite123 wrote:

just what i was about to say, or post i should say. dont be a baby dude.

Defender
May 31, 2010

To those of you that have posted that the boss is not a part of a quest , sorry to correct you but he is . In fact you have to defeat him , and two other nasty bosses in the Grotto , including that eel with the nova. I completed the quest last night with the help of another death and life wizard. He is a part of a side quest.

Community Leader
Like most games people come and go. Cuthalla is only a side quest boss not really needed to keep going in game, but there are many like this. These bosses have tricks to beat them.

Cuthalla-- Only high level spells ,no traps, blades ,shields. Dont worry if your same school he doesn't resist much. No spells under 5 pips no x spells

Eeglis-- Only low level spells ,no traps, shields you wont even need blades. Dont worry if your same school he doesn't resist much. No spells over 3 pips, X spells are good to go here. Low 2 pips heals are ok too.

I do hope you stay. There are many guides in Wizard101 community section fan sites that will help with all bosses. Wizard101 Central is one of the biggest.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying. The enemies and bosses are WAY overpowered in Celestia. This world is so frustrating, it is making people cancel their subscriptions and quit. I really think the power of the enemies and bosses in CL needs to be changed.

As an adult, I find Celestia acceptable, but yes the fun has gone out of the game when i spend literally hours trying for 3 drops with numerous defeats. This is time consuming and dampens our spirit for the game.

But my true issue is my nieces and nephews and little brother (master fisherman) who LOVE this fish & water world and will never be able to finish until they are way older. Its such an "adult only" area :( I like playing with the younger family members but there is no way i can enjoy their company in Celestia, their "fumbles" aren't tolerated by others, and understandable.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
He is a cheating boss. There are just a few in cl. The trick to beating THIS boss is to not hit him with 4 pip spells or less. Or he heals full. And if you use traps blades ect. Then he tower shields. So as long as you hit him with base damage, it it real easy, Because after you kill the henchmen, its 4 agenst one, and his spells are not that strong! there are also many guides to killing him and a lot of other cheating and non cheating bosses. I enjoy fighting the cheating bosses. They require more strategy :D

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
kidchaor3 wrote:
He is a cheating boss. There are just a few in cl. The trick to beating THIS boss is to not hit him with 4 pip spells or less. Or he heals full. And if you use traps blades ect. Then he tower shields. So as long as you hit him with base damage, it it real easy, Because after you kill the henchmen, its 4 agenst one, and his spells are not that strong! there are also many guides to killing him and a lot of other cheating and non cheating bosses. I enjoy fighting the cheating bosses. They require more strategy :D
Me to :D

Survivor
May 07, 2010
britebluebees wrote:
wizardmaster369 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying. The enemies and bosses are WAY overpowered in Celestia. This world is so frustrating, it is making people cancel their subscriptions and quit. I really think the power of the enemies and bosses in CL needs to be changed.

As an adult, I find Celestia acceptable, but yes the fun has gone out of the game when i spend literally hours trying for 3 drops with numerous defeats. This is time consuming and dampens our spirit for the game.

But my true issue is my nieces and nephews and little brother (master fisherman) who LOVE this fish & water world and will never be able to finish until they are way older. Its such an "adult only" area :( I like playing with the younger family members but there is no way i can enjoy their company in Celestia, their "fumbles" aren't tolerated by others, and understandable.

I agree about the younger gamers.

This game has taken a bizarre turn in catering to high end level gamers. Celestia is akin to one big WoW Raid fest in which you have to hit enemies in certain ways and group with certain classes. While the majority of their players are families with young children. I doubt young players would grasp the mechanics of the play right away.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
kaskait wrote:
britebluebees wrote:
wizardmaster369 wrote:

This game has taken a bizarre turn in catering to high end level gamers. Celestia is akin to one big WoW Raid fest in which you have to hit enemies in certain ways and group with certain classes. While the majority of their players are families with young children. I doubt young players would grasp the mechanics of the play right away.

Yes, even my kids are afraid to go into Celestia when they do get there because of the cheating bosses. Yes, Cuthalla is a side quest boss BUT if I remember correctly if you did all side quests for all the other worlds you recieved a badge for that area and then a badge for completing all quests in that world. There is no badge for Briskbreeze or the Warehouse so people dont really need to do them. So if you cant defeat Cuthalla or the other boss after him because they cheat that means you dont get a complete all badge am I correct?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
kaskait wrote:
britebluebees wrote:
wizardmaster369 wrote:

Yes, even my kids are afraid to go into Celestia when they do get there because of the cheating bosses. Yes, Cuthalla is a side quest boss BUT if I remember correctly if you did all side quests for all the other worlds you recieved a badge for that area and then a badge for completing all quests in that world. There is no badge for Briskbreeze or the Warehouse so people dont really need to do them. So if you cant defeat Cuthalla or the other boss after him because they cheat that means you dont get a complete all badge am I correct?

agreed
its really not worth quitting the game over, i still find wizard101 very fun and i am looking forward to getting the new gift card!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
I just don't understand the complaint at all. I'm a 58 yr. old wizard. My trip through Celestia has been difficult but I have just about finished it. 1st. I lost my Hat (trying to stitch it) you are given when you start Celestia, then I messed up using my left over training points from level 50 buying off two schools and now I can't buy any more from my favorite school.
You know what. Every time I'm knocked down, killed or defeated, I go get more Health and Manna and I try again.
There is a combination to some of the fights. Figure them out or learn the hard way. If you fight them enough you will win and then you'll say, "so that's how they do it"... lol it's just a game, have fun !!!
I have 5 Grand Master Wizards to carry through Celestia, bet you by the time I get to the last one I will have had a lot of fun...

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
REdavis - I like your attitude. :)

I too am an older player. I also have lost the hat given to me when I started Celestia. But for now, I just look forward to better gear in the upper levels and don't think I am suffering for lack of blocked criticals. (My old crown gear and level 50 Gurtok gear is still better than anything I can get at level 53.)

I have only spent one of my training points so far as I was not sure of the new schools. I just found the messages here in the forum about them and plan to visit them today. I am looking for more information in this forum about using them first!

While challenging, after two days I think I am adjusting to the new battles. I am not dying often. I am still soloing a lot.

I am once again having fun. :)

Survivor
May 09, 2009
[I'm still deciding, as an older player, with family plan for my daughter, grandkids (teenaagers) and brother too, I've enjoyed the game and have 4 grandmasters to date, working on 5 and 6. Was looking forward to Celestial and find my self disappointed and trying to decide if we'll continue with the game or not. I expected new challenges, but not complete failure. I end up solo mode most times because of my times on to play, but still, I did Dragonspire mostly solo and got through it, exception, Malistaire tower.

At this point I've stopped purchasing crowns for my family and I'm considering leaving the game for good. But, I've really enjoyed Wizard101 and am going to give it a few more tries, listening to what everyone is saying. But, the 10 battles for one drop is ridiculous and even in battles with other wizards, still no drops. I'm working on understanding the newest stratigies, but, KI, did you take kids, your primary reason for W101 out of the picture all together. ]

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Here are some tips:

For all schools: Stock high on fortify and amplify treasure cards! They are your key to winning.Also, if almost dead, you should turn into treant or gobbler.

Balance: DONT JUDGE! On the first turn use fortify. Then wait a few turns and amplify. Then use hydra. Repeat this process and you should be ok.

Fire: On the first turn, use amplify if you second and foritfy if you first. Then if you second dragon as soon as you can, or if you second, wait and amplify and then attack.

Storm: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME MORPH CARDS! Have a couple draconian morph ready to use. On the first turn, fortify NO MATTER WHAT. Then morph and blade and attack with firezilla. Then go into regular and amplify and morph. Repeat this and you should be alright.

Ice: First turn, amplify NO MATTER WHAT. Then wait until you can colosus. Use it. Then if you below 2,000 health when your amplify runs out, fortify. Repeat this process and your good.

Myth: Your the luckiest school for this boss. If your first fortify. If your second, use amplify. If your first, wait until fortify expires and then amplify and orthrus. If your second, after you amplify orthrus as soon as you can and then fortify. Repeat this and you have a chance.

Death: First turn no matter what amplify. Then wraith and fortify. Repeat this and your good.

Life: I wouldnt reccomend soloing this boss for life. However, if you really want to, ill tell you the best way to. First turn, use amplify. Then centaur as soon as you can. Then if you under 2,000 health, fortify. If you get under 500 health, call friends or heal in absolute emergency. If you not under 2,000 health repeat the steps up there. You could win if you do this.

Hope this helps.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
cotguy130 wrote:
I have to agree with what you're saying, and I'm not even to Cuthalla yet.

There are reasons to adapt your playing style-slightly-to overcome certain opponents. I have no problem with that. Decker then lists 5 or 6 things you have to do to beat him-in a group.

The suggestions are valid. The point is that you shouldn't have to make that many adjustments to continue in the game. . The power level of this area should not have jumped so high all at once. There was no build to it. Yes, the worlds got harder, but Mooshu to DS was not this intense.

People keep saying adapt or play another game. Those of us who play W101 as a casual pasttime and who don't base their self-esteem around it will do the latter. Do you really want that?

So, KI, how's about you doing some adapting?

You don't have to. This is an optional boss. You can progress through the story just fine without doing it.

Oh, and where did you get the idea that others base their self-esteem on the game? Of course I like to be good at playing the game, but I feel the same about everything that I do. As for the idea that players shouldn't need to adjust their strategies, I don't get it. If the game never does anything to challenge us to adapt in order to survive, then what's the point in adding something new? I also don't understand the casual past time comment. Is there someone out there who considers the game their life? It's a game, plain and simple. In my opinion, it's a fun game, and one that gives a great deal of game play for what it costs. So, please stop whining the game is too hard. Some of us actually like to be challenged. If you don't have the time to learn the tricks to some areas on your own, simply ask someone who knows the tricks and listen to their advice. It's that simple. If that's too much work for you, then feel free to play something else. Maybe making things more challenging in some areas will cost them some subscribers, but they'll lose even more if they make things too boring for the rest of us.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I see what you mean. Celestia is HARD but it is supposed to be. It wants to make you think, watch and learn. Fighting tough bosses allot will teach you their strategies. When you know these things about bosses gather some friends and defeat them that way. If you dont like the game you should quit but if you dont like cl try doing side quest to lvl up and become stronger. Study moves get stronger then defeat Cuthalla. If you dont like the game leave that all i got to say. Hope it helps. :-)

Sloan Windthistle