Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Amultes

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, first off, why did they remove the feint amulet for death? Next, why is death not getting a level 50 amulet? Furthermore, why is Fire, Storm, and Myth getting amulets that already exsist? They are not enchanted further, nor is there any difference. Can the developers not think of anything? Such as level 48 spells being enchanted? those would be very good, if you cant think of anything. Seriously, I think Celestia was released way too soon, because the developers and programmers did not make things fair, they totally did storm wrong. Names are glitching, Items can only be picked up by one person, Random Drops are rare, Getting Items for quest from Street fights is low to no chance. Seriously, is anything being done to fix these problems? Oh, and, always leave it to someone, but even polymorphs are being given to low levels so they can use them in PvP.

More problems than anyone expected I think, any thoughts?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Well, for your amulet problem, I believe there are 48 card amulets. During test people were finding Scarecrow amulets. And a feint necklace is simply too much power. Could you imagine a Leviathan boosted by 140% because of just two feints? Thats over 2000 damage because of TWO traps! Celestia is still new and drops are still being discovered.

Celestia wasn't released too early. Its only had thousands of people on it for about 3 weeks, if that. Kingsisle is learning just as fast as us, and working hundreds of thousands of lines of code to make an item respawn is no small task.

As for rarely getting quest items from the drops, its the grandmaster-Legendary world, it shouldn't be easy. Celestia wasn't designed to be beat in one night. I personally think it makes it more fun.

And polymorphs for low levels, I think you mean polymorph treasure cards as regular polymorphs are level 50+ only. They are treasure cards, there is little KI can do about that, until they take out treasures entirely from PvP.

Give KingsIsle a chance, its a huge project, and we are playing THEIR game, they are just letting us use it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
ibanezrg320dx wrote:
Well, for your amulet problem, I believe there are 48 card amulets. During test people were finding Scarecrow amulets. And a feint necklace is simply too much power. Could you imagine a Leviathan boosted by 140% because of just two feints? Thats over 2000 damage because of TWO traps! Celestia is still new and drops are still being discovered.

And polymorphs for low levels, I think you mean polymorph treasure cards as regular polymorphs are level 50+ only. They are treasure cards, there is little KI can do about that, until they take out treasures entirely from PvP.

Give KingsIsle a chance, its a huge project, and we are playing THEIR game, they are just letting us use it.

Hold on there pilgrim. I am paying to play this game, and paying them quite well for that matter. They are not "letting me" use anything, if they were, then the game would be entirely free and KI would have no problems doing whatever they wanted, however they wanted to do it.

Are you honestly telling me, that you don't think the players have any rights or say in this game?

As for the Feint Amulet, Yes, I agree, it would be a lot of power for anyone wielding it, but there are Feint amulets out there, just not the level 50 one they had in the test realm. Just wondering why they took that one out and why some schools got the same amulet that they already had. I don't think that is too much to ask, it is a simple question, what is the point in having the same amulet twice?

Finally, taking treasure cards out of PVP. You know, That is one thing I entirely agree with you on. That puts the nail in the coffin right there. If there was no treasure card use in pvp, there could be absolutely no misuse of spells. You could not have a +40 wildbolt or +30 in it's original form, and to get other increases, users would have to actually use a round and cast a spell. Interesting Idea, but I am sure PvP players would complain about that too.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Well, if KI wanted, they could refund your money and say, "we dont want anyone playing our game anymore, sorry" and they may get angry faces for it, but there is little we could do. Kingsisle owns Wizard101 and is in a sense, renting us our characters. Think of it like an amusement park, you pay them to be in it and use it, but its still theirs and they can kick you out if they want.

I realize that people have a HUGE say in what goes on. Thats the reason wild bolt was changed to its current form.

I actually have done more research, and Feint Amulet DID go live. Its just a boss drop. And I will admit that I was wrong about Feint Amulet (which I want to farm when I get their). I also understand where you are coming from with the amulet situation, and I will agree, there is no point. But hopefully KI learns from their mistakes, which it seems they do, as they don't make too many mistakes, and usually when they do, it was a lose-lose situation (in the case of wildbolt change).

I actually do agree with having treasures in PvP, Sorry if it seemed I said other wise. I use treasures for when I PvP on my balance (I fill my deck with blades, traps, heals, etc. and put novas and judgments in my sideboard) and it works quite well. I would be quite upset if treasure cards were taken out of PvP.

I didn't mean to anger you or start an argument between us, I am just stating reason to for your questions. I put full faith in KingsIsle, but with such a fast expanding player base (they gained 10 million players in their first two years) they need to keep promises, content updated, and an enjoyable experience to keep paying players to pay staff and keep the project up and running.