Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Porting Restrictions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
OK there is an issue that has been happening with the new Celestia area. I am someone who is kind hearted and becomes friends with people who are of low level. But this is causing a problem because I have people who have no business being in Celestia porting to me and complaining because they are dying.

Low level players cannot contribute much to the fights. In fact they are a hinderance because they stop a higher level wizard from being able to join the fight that they can equally help with.

I'm level 52 and i have trouble with some of the fights. What makes these level 33 players and below think that they are going to survive? I have no issues with helping people. I do have issues with lowbies coming here and leeching off of us to get the equipment for purposes of selling it.

Could there be a certain level that someone has to be to be able to enter or even port into Celestia? Like maybe 45 and higher?

Sharon

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
If you are complaining about people porting to you, then drop them as a friend. Problem solved.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
If you are complaining about people porting to you, then drop them as a friend. Problem solved.

Why do people find it necessary to be rude instead of contructive?
This is not just HermioneJaneWeasle problem. This problem has been posted many many many times on this board.

I don't care for how rubyb23 stated it, but you may have to delete these people from your friends list. If they have chat tell them they need to ask first and if they keep doing it, than you will delete them from your friends list. This way there will be no misunderstandings. If they have menu only, unfortunately, you will just need to delete them.

I hate to say it, but you may have to stop adding low level friends. These are the things that I have found that I must do now. If I do help someone that is lower than me, I remove them from my list once they have been helped.

Defender
May 28, 2009
The problem with deleting people though is that they've already been in Celestia. I mean they actually MARK the location. One time me and a bunch of high level friends and some high level strangers were farming for a pet. Then a low level kept running in, so we decided to just let him die. Then he would port back. Also even if YOU delete them, that doesn't mean everybody else with low level friends won't. Maybe Kingsisle should just ban joining fights for low levels. So then those peopel can't complain, "we want to see a sneak peak" and I'm guessing those are the people who are low leveled.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I would actually like to see a ban placed for people who are more than 20 levels under the minimum suggested level for the area (~25 for Mooshu, ~35 for Dragonspyre, ~45 for Celestia). Yes, while it would mean that low level friends or family members can't join and help/be helped, it would block a lot of those who join solely for the rewards.

And frankly, anyone entering an area where they're more than 20 levels below the most common level range is pretty much comitting suicide anyway.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There certainly needs to be some sort of limitation imposed to curtail the problems associated with unrestricted porting. Many good solutions have been suggested in various threads. Hopefully KI will address this issue soon.