Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

error loop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
ok i tried to download microsoft visual c++ redistributable 2005 sp1 because i have been getting an error loop. But nothing happens when i download it, it still says the same message. :(

Administrator
Hello young Wizard!

I spoke to our most Senior Wizards and the told me that the following steps should fix your problem:

1. The InstallShield GUID for Wizard101 is {A9E27FF5-6294-46A8-B8FD-77B1DECA3021}. Please note this for future steps.
2. Using the Windows Explorer file browser, browse to your Program Files folder (usually C:\Program Files).
3. Make sure hidden files and folders are being displayed:
a. In XP navigate Tools->Folder Options
b. Click the View tab, find where it says "Hidden files and folders"
c. Click the button next to "Show hidden files and folders" if it isn't already selected.
d. Click OK.
4. Browse to the hidden folder named "InstallShield Installation Information"
5. Locate the folder with the same name as the Wizard101 GUID mentioned in step 1. The first 4 characters should be sufficient to distinguish it from the others.
6. Delete that folder.
7. Run Wizard101Setup.exe to install the game. Try to select the same target folder as was used for the previous corrupted install.

Sincerely,
Mr. Lincoln

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Thanks Mr. Lincolyn i havn't been able to play in weeks and no i am up and running again. :mrgreen