Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you for posting. Yeah, I kow it can be frustrating sorting through posts on the message boards and that is why I replicated the story on central. Granted, I have not done any updates to the one on the message board because it has to go through a moderator and that takes time.

I will actually need to change the gear around and add more health and universal resist and heal since we have those on the waterworks gear.

Contrary to what I intially thought; Wintertusk is not a new world, it is still Grizzleheim. So technically Scythia could still be the 8th world lol. What can I say, "I have a dream..."

I am glad you like the spell ideas. Most people just want to throw in Pesidon and Zeus and the whole greek deities; not recognizing that we have at least 4 more worlds in this morganthe storyline and if we use up all our gods from the early stages, we won't have anything powerful left to use unless KI can conjur up something from the spiral.

As for the mythologies, Scythia is based off old Scandinivia, even though Scythia was an actual place back in the times of old. They are suppose to be kind of a mixed culture, though Gaelic would be the prefered language. I intend to add another world after Scythia but that will have to be for a later date in the future.

I am not sure if using 'primitive' cultures or mythologies would be a good idea. For example, the African Gods may not be vivid as the greeks et al. I mean I grew up learing about Zeus and Odin and even Osiris but I don't think I could name an african God without doing some research, and I am of African descent.

Sometimes writing a story is like a commerical; you have to know what is appealing to your target audience. I am not really familiar with the mythologies of the New world since I specificially researched ancient mythologies and lore. Arabic and Persian might interest me though since I love Alladin and Alibaba lol.

You know, I grew tired of roaming around worlds of undead and lands that have already been invaded and destroyed. So I thought why not make a world of live people or beings and the invasion is actually take place whilst we are there? That's how I came to write the story of Scythia. Weird thing is, i just make stuff up as I go along!

I am surprised the story is not disjointed. Even now I have no idea what will happen next.

I am sure KI have read the story, at least greyrose has. But are they impressed? That remains to be seen. In any event, I think this world would be a big hit with the wizard community, providing they get the characters right. The valkyries they have in Wintertusk in NOT what I have in mind lol.

It was a bit difficulty trying to explain alchemy to my readers at first. I'm impressed that you have grasped the meaning right away. Most only looked at it as just artisans forging metal when that is the vocation,not the magical aspect of it.

Yeah, we can't have too many schools now. I personally do not think that we need new schools, just new spells. We already have 7 schools of magic, we don't need anymore.

I did noticed that they had a quest about the golden apple, not exactly as extravagant as my idea but i wonder if it was inspired my my idea?

Anyways, thanks for posting and stay tuned for future updates.

I'm looking for an editor so if you know anyone who is interested, just refer them to me.

oh I didn't quote your text cause that just make mine seems longer lol

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
so i am wondering what would be zeke's quest in your world. all of zekes quest items are based off music. so uh, what could they find based on your world. dont ask me why, but i imagined little kizz (i know i spelled it with a z) dolls. what do ya have in mind?

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

you know honestly i never even thought about Zeke's quests. I have no idea what they'd look for lol but by the time I finish the story I should come up with something.

In the meantime am open to suggestions.

What are Kizz?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

i would love to see some more comments on here :D

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, been away for a week or two. But ... I'm here now :D :D

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
This storyline is great it should be made real. Just one question about the spells, where are they? I cant seem to find them if someone can tell me where they are that would be great. :-)

Flint Shadothief Legendary Conjurer
Flint Lifethief Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
razm wrote:
This storyline is great it should be made real. Just one question about the spells, where are they? I cant seem to find them if someone can tell me where they are that would be great. :-)

Flint Shadothief Legendary Conjurer
Flint Lifethief Adept Necromancer

I don't think he focused on spells razm, I think he even said that, and don't think he did amulets either ... or if he did, they weren't focused on ...

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
NicoUzumaki wrote:
christopher62597 wrote:
Nico Uzmaki, I love the idea of Scythia. It seems epic & whimsical at the same time. First things first did you make up all of the words that sound Sandanavian or are those real words? Secondly is Alchemy a new secondary school, like the Astral schools, or some thing that only the Scythians use? Next are the Scythians like the creatures from Grizzlehiem or humans? Next are the Valkyries from Dragonspyre? Finally is this going to look & feel like Grizzlehiem or something totally different? Those are all of my questions about Scythia, please answer my questions & ty for reading.

Firstly, thank you for reading my post. Now to answer your questions:

No I did not make up the names. They are real Mythical names. you can type any of these names into Google or Bing and you'll get a Wikipedia info on them sometimes there are pictures.

No Alchemy is not a secondary school, it is just the form of magic that is learned in Celestia. However, they are some spells that you would learn from doing quests. But there won't be school and trainers. We can only hold so much spell cards in our decks. Unless we are going to totally swap out or old spells for new ones, I don't see the point in any more new schools.

The Valkyries are not from Dragonspyre. They are from their own world and are the servants of Odin. They perform Rune magic (this is actually not made up-Odin did rune magic he was taught by some witch, i forgot her name).

The Scythians are not creatures, they are human beings. They are not dead either and their fight with Freyr is actually happening and that's why they called for help. So it's not like they were already invaded and we just going there to learn what happened and talk to ghosts. NO. They are very much alive and fighting to save their world from Freyr and Morganthe.

Not sure why we even in celestia when the celestians have been long dead and their city sunken.

it will not look like Grizzleheim. At least that's not what I had in mind. Have you seen the movie Gladiator? Well, I was things something like that. if you noticed I have a Colosseum. The idead is that it's an actual Colosseum where they practice for combat.

Also the floating dome. It is to be literally floating and you'd get on a sigil on the ground to teleport you there. if you notice in the game, the houses are actually floating. the dragons pyre castle is the best example. That's kinda what I had in mind there so while on the floating dome you would be able to see the other areas.

The Disappearing land would actually not be there all the time lol. kinda like that secret shop in Krokotopia. It would appear certain time of day etc. However if you have a quest there then it would automatically be available to you.

The monsters would be totally different. But that's for another time.

i hope I answered all your questions to your satisfaction.

dude sorry to say but wizard101 must come up with names based on real ones. w101 may be sued because of copyright reasons. Also, sorry but the start sounds like celestian journey to get the key. Maybe if you change the teacher to moolinda wu. idk.i know i know too many suggestions. i posted several world ideas and everyone wanted them to be underwater. ( celestia just came out at the time ) i really love the idea and the attempt. the name thing, perfect example: sherlock BONES based on sherlock HOLEMS.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Hey Nico.

Yep, I am still here. Just been busy. But trying to get back in the swing of things.

I see you are picking up more comments. I am glad. Your story is the best I have read and so detailed that it can be visualized.

Spells you can work on anytime and the same goes for any gear changes or enhancements. Get the story down first then work on the odds and ends.

As to Zeke, I am sure you will figure out something by the time you finish the story for Scythia.

Hope to see more when you get time.

Fallon WinterLeaf----Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
This is a great idea. If KI decides to use this, that could possibly and will most likely bring many more players in to the game, as well as inspire people to come up with world ideas. If they use this, this would be the first time i know of that they would use a fan-made WORLD (or have they before? Idk). I am not saying they dont listen to fans, not at all! I just dont think they used a fan made world before. Has anyone from KI posted on here? If so, what page?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
Hey Nico.

Yep, I am still here. Just been busy. But trying to get back in the swing of things.

I see you are picking up more comments. I am glad. Your story is the best I have read and so detailed that it can be visualized.

Spells you can work on anytime and the same goes for any gear changes or enhancements. Get the story down first then work on the odds and ends.

As to Zeke, I am sure you will figure out something by the time you finish the story for Scythia.

Hope to see more when you get time.

Fallon WinterLeaf----Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Welcome back Fallon, I wondered where you went ....

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Just to say ... This thread has more views than the last Feedback Friday!! Which, btw, is pretty good ...

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Hello. I am pretty sure you mentioned Loki as the new fire spell... In my mind, not a very good choice. He is loosely related to fire after what i saw on Wikipedia . For a better idea, I was thinking Vulcan/Hephaestas (Please excuse my spelling) or Hestia. Vulcan or Hephaestas (Same person) could appear with a flaming hammer gripped in both hands which he could use to smash the enemies. Hestia could be kneeling down in front of a hearth that doesn't have any fire in it. All of a sudden, she springs up and levitates. Out of the hearth, she creates a blazing vortex that she throws at the enemies. Also, I think there should be more damage for the attack on the initial attack, say, 350?

Great idea, it would defenitely make an awesome world.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
[The Valkyries are not from Dragonspyre. They are from their own world and are the servants of Odin. They perform Rune magic (this is actually not made up-Odin did rune magic he was taught by some witch, i forgot her name).

I believe he learned the Rune magic from Zephaniah. You may have to douuble check.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
They are already making new world with spells gear and all!

My good friend got an e-mail from KI saying some on the new spells, the world, gear, and PvP. One of the spells i will tell you is called Lock-On gained at lvl 63. Thats all i tell ;D

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
gogogo159 wrote:

They are already making new world with spells gear and all

But we don't know what the world is yet.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Well they would need to make 70 levels to have a new world, that's for sure.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
There already are 8 worlds. Here is the list

1.Wizard City
2.Krokotopia
3.Grizzlehiem
4.MarleyBone
5.Mooshu
6.Dragonspyre
7.Wintertusk
8.Celestia.

So it would be Scythia the 9th world :) :-)

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
RobloxDude11 wrote:

1.Wizard City
2.Krokotopia
3.Grizzlehiem
4.MarleyBone
5.Mooshu
6.Dragonspyre
7.Wintertusk
8.Celestia.

So it would be Scythia the 9th world :) :-)

Technically... Wintertusk isn't a new world, it is just an addition to grizzlehiem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
shimmer123127 wrote:

Welcome back Fallon, I wondered where you went ....

Thanks Shimmer. Just been busy, but thought I better see how things were going with Nico's story.

stinkybug123 Jul/15/2011 7:54 pm Subject: Re:WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RobloxDude11 wrote:

1.Wizard City
2.Krokotopia
3.Grizzlehiem
4.MarleyBone
5.Mooshu
6.Dragonspyre
7.Wintertusk
8.Celestia.

So it would be Scythia the 9th world

Technically... Wintertusk isn't a new world, it is just an addition to

You are quite correct Stinkybug123. Wintertusk is not a new world. It is just the conclusion of Grizz.

But the main thing is, Nico has an excellent storyline going. It fits in very well and is so realistic. I would love to take all of my wizards through his world.

I have also seen some of the posts asking about the spells.

Let Nico get the storyline down first then give us the details for the spells and anything else that needs to be incorportated.

For those of you that have not been able to find the whole story, go to (www.wizard101central.com) and look in the poetry and stories section. He posted it there after he started this thread since he can keep more of the story together there. With all the posts on this site, the story has been broken in to smaller segments and harder to locate. Read it on central
then come back here and post your comments.

Fallon WinterLeaf ----Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
stinkybug123 wrote:
gogogo159 wrote:

They are already making new world with spells gear and all

But we don't know what the world is yet.
I know though not tell telling though they only just started creating it. Expect it next year though... for test...

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Its good to see all these comments. I certainly have been out of touch for a while but things are kind rocky IRL so i have to focus on whats happening in my life.

8th world or not I enjoyed writing the story of Scythia and even though it is incomplete, i think its a good idea for a wizard101 world.

My main focus is on the storyline. I just threw the spells and gear in their to get people to read. After all most people just look at the spells anyways lol

Someone mentioned copyright but there is no copyright law for using myth, legend or folklore. These mythical stories and legends have been retold across the sands of time. No one can lay claim to it as their idea.

Anyways, nice to see that the discussion is picking up.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Its good to see all these comments. I certainly have been out of touch for a while but things are kind rocky IRL so i have to focus on whats happening in my life.

8th world or not I enjoyed writing the story of Scythia and even though it is incomplete, i think its a good idea for a wizard101 world.

My main focus is on the storyline. I just threw the spells and gear in their to get people to read. After all most people just look at the spells anyways lol

Someone mentioned copyright but there is no copyright law for using myth, legend or folklore. These mythical stories and legends have been retold across the sands of time. No one can lay claim to it as their idea.

Anyways, nice to see that the discussion is picking up.

I told one of my friends about this ... they read it ... and loved it!!! :D

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I just posted a new thread about some ideas of mine. Not for worlds or anything, just some things to think about. Check it out please, its called "Just some ideas". I could not think of any other good names lol