Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Added 6th April 2010

This is just for quick read. hope you enjoy it.

You saw the Viceroy sitting upon a magnificent throne and below him were standing two Scythian Warlords of incredible skill and power. They both had powerful swords. One had the Grass cutting Sword and the other had the Blade of Evil’s Bane. Fortunately you had procured the Emerald-studded Sword on an earlier quest and brought it along just in case. You clashed with the warlords and the sound of steel against steel echoed in the grand Throne room.

Your sword had the ability to protect you from magic and so you were able to defeat the two Scythian Warlords. The Viceroy sat calmly for a moment as he saw you cut down the best of his men. He slowly arose from the throne and advanced towards you.

“I have heard of your might, wizard of Wizard City but do not get full of yourself; you still have me to deal with. You meddle in matters that do not concern you and for this you will pay dearly. I once held the title of legendary thaumaturge! Even the giants fear me! But I have long since risen above that title and attain ethereal powers. Behold my wrath!”

He unsheathes his sword to reveal Excalibur! Narcissus appeared behind you without exerting the slightest of movement. He raised his sword to strike you down but the Emerald-studded sword, of its own accord, clashed against Excalibur.

You summoned a rank six creature that charged the viceroy but he totally repelled your attack with a full bodied ice armor. You traded spell for spell for a while with the viceroy quickly gaining the advantage. His power and might was unlike any that you had seen before.

You toughest spells bounced off him like bullets ricocheting off a wall; they barely scratched him. You must break that impregnable defense of his before it is too late! Fortunately, for you, the emerald-studded sword absorbed his otherwise lethal spells.

The sing-song of swords clashing against each other dominated the throne room. The battle took on a new twist as magic and swordsmanship combined in an epic battle of strength and power.

An unusual thing happened though. It seems that in the midst of the battle, Excalibur was summoned by an unknown wizard. This temporarily took the viceroy off guard and you took the opportunity to hit him with your toughest spell.

This gave you an added advantage as the viceroy was shaken by the spell. You launched a series of spells at him in quick succession. This shattered his defenses but the viceroy regained control of the situation and the battle pursued. You engaged him with renewed vigor and determination.

At long last you disabled him long enough to feed him the potion. The viceroy seemed a bit disoriented at first but he quickly regained his composure. When he saw you standing there he drew his sword and assumed the battle stance. You told the Viceroy that you meant him no harm and handed the envelope from the Grand Duke to him.

The enveloped contained a diplomatic note from the grand duke to the viceroy bearing the seal of Scythia which is only available to those in the highest position of authority and is used to authenticate communiqué in situations like these. The diplomatic note outlined all that had transpired and requested that the viceroy, having regained control of all his faculties, lead the charge against the invaders.

After reading the note, the Viceroy put it away and he told you that he had met this Morganthe in some long forgotten time. He said they were both young at the time but he still could see that she was a disagreeable character. She had summoned a host of spiders that almost turned him into a cocoon had it not been for a passerby wizard who was able to undo her magic.

Narcissus said that even though your power is great, you are no match for her yet. As Viceroy of Scythia, it was his duty to take on the dark queen. He told you that Queen Freyr of the Valkyries is in the Southern Palace and you must go and confront her there.

However, before you can do that you must go to the Pool of Meiosis out in the inner courtyard and retrieve the two sea gems lying within. He gave you a blue and green box that has two compartments. He told you to place each sea gem in a compartment and then close the box. He recited a spell in the Scythian tongue. This would transform the sea gems into keys which will open the doors of the southern palace.

After Narcissus gave you your orders, he went and kneels by his two fallen henchmen. He poured a green liquid from a vial in each of their mouths.

“jinqalg?u ?bieb tieg?i!” He shouted, calling to his comrades to arise. They gave a start and their eyes fluttered open.

“What manner of magic is this? I am quite certain they were dead!” you shrieked.

“The Elixir of life. The most guarded secret of Scythia. Rumors have been going around for ages but no one could confirm that we could actually transmute it and now you shall let this secret die with you.” The viceroy said, in a voice tinged with worry.

He quickly gave orders to his men who were to report to Sundolf Bruinfeld, The Grand Duke, in central command. After he had dispatched them, he once again cautioned you about telling anyone about the Elixir of Life and the truth behind it.

After Narcissus finished speaking he left to confront Morganthe and you went to the pool of Meiosis in the inner courtyard. You located the sea gems, placed them in the box compartments and muttered the spell that the viceroy taught you.

Nothing seemed to happen but when you opened the box you say two keys inside. You hurried to the Southern Palace to confront the Valkyrian Queen. Inside the palace there were four sets of henchmen that you had to deal with. They were easy to dispense with and so you progressed farther into the Palace.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nico, I just reread the whole story on central.

You have really done an awesome job with it and it appears that Maria has been helping with the editing. I think that if KI does not use this as one of the future worlds, they will be making a big mistake.

The detail that you have put into it makes it so easy to visualize. I would love to be running my wizards in that world right now. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Keep up the good work.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks Fallon. You have been watching this story from the beginning and I really appreciate your support.

Yeah am glad maria is helping me with editing. This will bring a fresh perspective to the story that i cannot do on my own.

I am in the process of making banners and stuff to make it more appealing to the young uns so keep checking on central for updates as well as here but as you already know, I can't post ant images on here so on central it is.

Keep reading!

Logan Frost,

Wizard of Legend.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I did see the banner on central. Too bad it can't be posted on this site. It
would be an eye catcher and I think it would draw more players to your story.

Catch you later

Fallon

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Well turns out Wintertusk is going to be the 8th i would be pretty amazed if Scythia makes it to the 9th

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
yeah It would. I'm trying to get an official SCYTHIA banner made though. That one is not so hot. Thingi s all the good graphic artisits are full with orders.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
i have one question, and it is, how long did it take you to think out all this stuff? I think it is awesome and maybe a place like that should be created :D

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
Dracula083 wrote:
I think that Alchemy could be a new magic. I'll lay out a list of spells

. Diamond Wall
.5 pips
Effect: Completely stops a spell from hurting you.
. Deconstruction
.3 pips
.Effect: Destroys a opponents shield.
.Rock Sword
.7 pips
Damage:670-890

Nice ideas! Like it, but that's a lot of pips for rock sword. And I saw somewhere on this something about making banners, I might be able to help with that. I'm good at designing flags, and I've got an idea for the layout on the alchemy banner, like a fume of smoke coming form a rune-patterned vial.

p.s.

Maybe some spells like 'platinum oil' and 'plasma oil', that would prevent enemies from attacking for a certain amount of rounds, and one more idea.

Golden Glaze

5 pips per enemy

immobilizes enemies for 3 turns and then destroys them (if not killed prior to the 3rd),but also takes 200 health from user and teammates over three rounds or until defeated.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Chool121 wrote:
Well turns out Wintertusk is going to be the 8th i would be pretty amazed if Scythia makes it to the 9th

Actually, Grizz and Wintertusk are only side worlds so Nico's Idea still has a good chance at being part of the main storyline.

Even if it is considered the 9th world, it is well thought out and detailed.

GOOD LUCK NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallon

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Well i do hope it gets to be apart of it.

Still waiting on my banners. the Graphics shopps are full

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Just like grizzlehiem and the other worlds, there won't be any schools and there is no particular emphasis on one school or another.

The Scythian have their own unique form of magic which is Alchemy, however, they have stolen the Secrets of Valkyries Rune Magic and created a whole new powerful form of magic. This is what Morganthe is after. The Scythian are warrior-like people who use alchemy to aide then in their war against the Valkyries.

It is a work-in-progress, am thinking as i go along. I want to experiment with various mythologies. However, it requires a long of research and creative thinking but no use going that far if it's not gonna get considered. SO far I've been reading Egyptian mythologies, Norms Mythology, Chinese and Japanese mythology even Philippino mythologies. The rank 9 spells will come from several of these mythologies and so will the gear and equipment.

Am no artist or story writier but the goal is to give them a solid outline to work from, kinda liek a blue print. I'll include pictures from the internet of what i think the creatures etc could look like and they can draw inspiration from those.

i have some pretty cool rank 9 spells and 0f course balance get to summon a cool Creature fro m Ancient Egyptian myth. I know balance feel like they get less consideration so I gave them a cool spell.

Um, still in research phase so. am working on more. Of course i will use the stats from level 58 gear asa bench mark. I think this world will take the critical to a whole new level. base on the form of magic used in Scythia, the critical system will be a big deal lol even though i still am trying to understand it.

That's all for now. Until I get a green light from Pro Falmea :) i know I have to post my idea publicly in order for them to consider it (for legal reasons of course)

Awesome idea Nico!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
hobbit1999 wrote:
Dracula083 wrote:
I think that Alchemy could be a new magic. I'll lay out a list of spells

. Diamond Wall
.5 pips
Effect: Completely stops a spell from hurting you.
. Deconstruction
.3 pips
.Effect: Destroys a opponents shield.
.Rock Sword
.7 pips
Damage:670-890

Nice ideas! Like it, but that's a lot of pips for rock sword. And I saw somewhere on this something about making banners, I might be able to help with that. I'm good at designing flags, and I've got an idea for the layout on the alchemy banner, like a fume of smoke coming form a rune-patterned vial.

p.s.

Maybe some spells like 'platinum oil' and 'plasma oil', that would prevent enemies from attacking for a certain amount of rounds, and one more idea.

Golden Glaze

5 pips per enemy

immobilizes enemies for 3 turns and then destroys them (if not killed prior to the 3rd),but also takes 200 health from user and teammates over three rounds or until defeated.

Hey thanks for posting. my focus is not really on the spells its on the storyline but I throw in the spells because i know that's what everyone looks are. More often than not people comment on the spells and the gear rather than the challenges they will face in this world. But whatever keeps people commenting; I'm all for it.

Well, I'd like to see your concepts for the banners etc since you have read the story. You can Pm them to me on central. here is the link for my page : http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/member.php?u=28574

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
thank you guys for posting.

i will take your suggestions under advisement.

You don't have to take any suggestements from anybody. This world you thought up of could proabably be THE new expansion to the Morganthe Prophecy. I like it a lot. You probably haven't heard from me yet, but I'm Oran Titanrider, my main focus of the game is to try and improve on spell effects and damage. You can check out my Thread "New Spell Ideas" that is usually where I monitor things. But since this topic has been up in the charts so far in the Forum, I decided to take a look. By the looks of it, your talent in imagination and mental strength is excellent. I would have never been able to do a layout of a whole new world with the specific quest names, xp, and storyline WITH thorough detail.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:

You don't have to take any suggestements from anybody. This world you thought up of could proabably be THE new expansion to the Morganthe Prophecy. I like it a lot. You probably haven't heard from me yet, but I'm Oran Titanrider, my main focus of the game is to try and improve on spell effects and damage. You can check out my Thread "New Spell Ideas" that is usually where I monitor things. But since this topic has been up in the charts so far in the Forum, I decided to take a look. By the looks of it, your talent in imagination and mental strength is excellent. I would have never been able to do a layout of a whole new world with the specific quest names, xp, and storyline WITH thorough detail.

Thank you Oran. I really hadn't planned writing so much about this world because i was just kinda following what everyone one else was doing. Which is basically saying, " i have an idea for a new world. it's called [insert world name] and it's full of [insert monster names]" and then go to list spells lol.

Most persons that come up with world ideas just focus of the spells which really isn't an idea fora new world; it's an idea for new spells. So I thought that I ought to go a little further and actually write what you will be doing in this world so that KI can know what am talking about and kinda have a mental image of what the world is like and the inhabitants.

I did see a post of central with some spell ideas. The poster had so rather nice images, not sure if he actually created those or they were from internet.

I was hoping that I could find a good artist that could read the story and come up with some art concept for the main villains especially and the monsters.
A
t the moment am just using pics from the internet that kinda fit what am talking about and inserting them in my story over on central.

Thanks for posting and invite ya friends ot read and leave a comment.

Send me a link to your spell ideas and i'll have a look-see.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Thank you Oran. I really hadn't planned writing so much about this world because i was just kinda following what everyone one else was doing. Which is basically saying, " i have an idea for a new world. it's called [insert world name] and it's full of [insert monster names]" and then go to list spells lol.

Most persons that come up with world ideas just focus of the spells which really isn't an idea fora new world; it's an idea for new spells. So I thought that I ought to go a little further and actually write what you will be doing in this world so that KI can know what am talking about and kinda have a mental image of what the world is like and the inhabitants.

I did see a post of central with some spell ideas. The poster had so rather nice images, not sure if he actually created those or they were from internet.

I was hoping that I could find a good artist that could read the story and come up with some art concept for the main villains especially and the monsters.
A
t the moment am just using pics from the internet that kinda fit what am talking about and inserting them in my story over on central.

The fact that you did write your idea out in such detail, gives it more life. I have read some of the other world ideas and did not bother to comment on them just because there was no life in them. And as you said, [insert world name], [insert monster name] and a list of spells. There was not enough information of any kind to warrant a comment.

This story has so much detail, that anyone could visualize actually being in those areas and fighting the bosses.

Keep up the good work Nico. I am behind you all the way.

Fallon

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:

A

I'm glad you were able to come up with this world, it has a very nice outlook on the storyline of the Whole game, and it gives me that old wizardy feeling that I haven't felt since when I started first playing this game. By the way, I don't know how to do links, but my Spell Ideas are in this forum, just search I guess. It's a Hot Topic, I know that, and it's called "New Spell Ideas" exactly spelled and said in the context. Thanks for thanking me.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you Fallon, you have been very supportive from the onset and it is through your encouragement that I went on to do the story otherwise i woild have just forgotten about it.

Oran, I saw your thread but for some reason i did not see your original post. The first post is a question asking if anyone from KI reads these things to which Prof greyrose responded. If you had edited it recently that could be why i have not seen it because it is awaiting moderation.

Anyways, I think the spells I have so far are ok for rank 9 spells and ties in with the story of Scythia.

It's not hard to post a link. Just copy it from your browser and post it here. However, you can only post links from wizard101.com or central outside links are not allowed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Thank you Fallon, you have been very supportive from the onset and it is through your encouragement that I went on to do the story otherwise i woild have just forgotten about it.

Oran, I saw your thread but for some reason i did not see your original post. The first post is a question asking if anyone from KI reads these things to which Prof greyrose responded. If you had edited it recently that could be why i have not seen it because it is awaiting moderation.

Anyways, I think the spells I have so far are ok for rank 9 spells and ties in with the story of Scythia.

It's not hard to post a link. Just copy it from your browser and post it here. However, you can only post links from wizard101.com or central outside links are not allowed.

You are welcome Nico. You do have talent for creating and writing in great detail. I saw that from the beginning.

The story struck me like a good book. The detail you have intertwined into it makes you want to see and read more. It is unfortunate that the story is broken into so many sections in this forum. That may very well be why there are not more comments than there are. Most are not going to search for it unless they are intrigued by the sections they do find. It would be nice if KI could and would make sure that all segments of this kind of Idea could be set in one section separate from the comments. In other words, keep the whole story together.

As always I will support your story.

Fallon

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that. I had edited it last night and it's up now. I am recently working on a whole new chart added on to this as well.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah that's the problem with the message boards. Because of the word limit on each post, you cannot add additional information as time goes by and so readers have to sift through post after post to find bits and pieces of your information.

I guess it really wasn't designed for a full blown story anyways even though technically it's not really a story because there is little dialogue.

I think I know why KI might be reluctant to accept world ideas but there is a way to avoid what they are afraid of.

Anyways Keep reading and posting so this thread does not get lost on here.

Ravenhood, Wizard City
"Alchemy is entwined in the essence of my being..." Queen Sarsi, Scythia

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Yeah that's the problem with the message boards. Because of the word limit on each post, you cannot add additional information as time goes by and so readers have to sift through post after post to find bits and pieces of your information.

I guess it really wasn't designed for a full blown story anyways even though technically it's not really a story because there is little dialogue.

I think I know why KI might be reluctant to accept world ideas but there is a way to avoid what they are afraid of.

Anyways Keep reading and posting so this thread does not get lost on here.

Ravenhood, Wizard City
"Alchemy is entwined in the essence of my being..." Queen Sarsi, Scythia

There does not need to be a lot of dialogue. There isn't that much dialogue in the game as it is. lol.. The point is, you have put enough dialogue in that id KI did want to use the idea, they can add any additional dialogue if they think it needs to be added. Just keep going the way you have been and I will keep supporting.

Fallon

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Well thanks Fallon,

I may do some more writing in the next two weeks. I got an exam this monday so I have ot focus on that.

Yeah and the views are climbing

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Well thanks Fallon,

I may do some more writing in the next two weeks. I got an exam this monday so I have ot focus on that.

Yeah and the views are climbing

Hopefully If Fallon (and I) will keep posting on this by asking questions, misc. and other things it will always be bumped on the top.