Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special Sandwich Craft

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
The excitment filled air of the new world had a bad turn today.
My hopes were high on completion of the Sandwich craft/ quest when
suddenly I came to a stand still. Collecting two of each; Nettle Root,
Medium Fish, Stinky Cheese, and Golen Squash. I tried to complete my craft/quest by handing my ingredents over for the Special Sandwich.
My reward being A TRAINING POINT!
Is there a glich that I'm not aware of? How many other players have had this happen to them :-(
Please advise

Historian
May 15, 2009
there is no glitch
that is the reward
KI wanted you to be able to learn at least one of the schools entirely and he will keep calling you back for various quests

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
I couldn't understand that very well. Are you excited that you get a training point for getting the sandwich ingredients or just what exactly?

We get ~4 training points in Celestia (If thats what you wanted to know)
Level 55
Level 60
Prospector Zeke
Sandwich

Travis Smith
Former Legendary Fire
Former Pvp Commander
Pvp Captain currently

Survivor
May 18, 2010
I didn't understand this crafting quest very well... what are we after for? Hidden object (cheese, squash....) in various places or do we have to fight to get them in those various places or are they pet snacks or...?

Thank you in advance :-)

Survivor
May 07, 2010
The quest is asking for specific pet snacks

Medium Fish
Stinky Cheese
Golden Squash
Nettleroot

They drop from different NPC toons around the game. But the drops are random.

I just purchased them all at the Bazaar. Easy training point. The quest will also give you a nice bit of gold to make up for the costs.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
This is not a Craft quest. You did not purchase/receive a crafting recipe. All Crafting quests require the use of a Crafting Table. This is a normal "gather a bunch of items" quest. These items are pet snacks, not reagants.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
My only complaint is that I already had several of each ingredient for said "special sandwich," and I still had to go through the motions of collecting them. It would make much more sense if Sumner gave you a recipe so that you could make it yourself, instead of having to go out, grab them, and bring them back. Or, alternatively, recognize that you have it in your backpack. Or, for the current system to make any sense, have it be some sort of specially prepared ingredient.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I had all the ingredients, but the only way he would take them is by selling them and I got no training point...what am I doing wrong?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
MILANUP1 wrote:
I couldn't understand that very well. Are you excited that you get a training point for getting the sandwich ingredients or just what exactly?

We get ~4 training points in Celestia (If thats what you wanted to know)
Level 55
Level 60
Prospector Zeke
Sandwich

Travis Smith
Former Legendary Fire
Former Pvp Commander
Pvp Captain currently

You actually missed two quests that you get in celestia that also comes from the guy who gave you the sandwich quest.

There's the Dog toy quest. SUPER EASY! all you have to do is go to his house and put a toy in his mail box.

There's the Tea set quest. Again Super easy. You just have to buy the crafting reciepe and get the items to craft it. but with me, i'm not a adept crafter so this quest Is a little more diffucult for me.

KI can you make the tea set quest be able to be made to all crafters?

Survivor
May 25, 2009
no glitch..... a small gift of a training point gold and a bit of xp, it was a miracle for that easy training point, and you really dont have to win the snacks, just buy them at the bazaar, it's easy.Plus, dont you look at the quest rewards? it's nice to because you can check if the quest is worth doing for the rewards

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
GOLDEN23 wrote:
The excitment filled air of the new world had a bad turn today.
My hopes were high on completion of the Sandwich craft/ quest when
suddenly I came to a stand still. Collecting two of each; Nettle Root,
Medium Fish, Stinky Cheese, and Golen Squash. I tried to complete my craft/quest by handing my ingredents over for the Special Sandwich.
My reward being A TRAINING POINT!
Is there a glich that I'm not aware of? How many other players have had this happen to them :-(
Please advise

honstly i was excited when i saw the reward was a trading point i was so happy and then i rushed and went out and bought all of the right snacks
Dvein Myth breath 60 fire
Corwin Mancer 45 myth
Willam moon 23 death

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I really don't understand why I still have to go out and hunt down the golden squash since I already have about 10 of them. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned. And where at the Bazaar are you all buying this stuff? I must be looking at the wrong place because I'm not finding it.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
kaskait wrote:
The quest is asking for specific pet snacks

Medium Fish
Stinky Cheese
Golden Squash
Nettleroot

They drop from different NPC toons around the game. But the drops are random.

I just purchased them all at the Bazaar. Easy training point. The quest will also give you a nice bit of gold to make up for the costs.

so you can just buy them and thats it!?!? :-o

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Yes, you can buy and you are fine.

The problem is, if you have all the materials already you can't use them...so I go and sell a few of each item and rebuy...