Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1165 Black Lotus and 1k blocks , Seriously ?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

Finally made my way to the floating island tonight , and picked up the grandmaster crafter quest , and also bought a few of the new transmute recipes .
Did the math , and correct me if I am wrong , but I am going to need 1,000 stone blocks and 1,165 black lotus ?

10 black lotus = 1 pearl . 15 pearls = 1 gold pearl.

Please tell me these new pearls can be harvested somewhere , or even dropped. The people I have talked to so far , have yet to see a pearl on live or the test realm. Some of these people made it all the way to level 60 on test realm too.

Sandstone is listed as a harvested reagent , but so far , I only received one from completing a quest. Have not seen it on the ground anywhere. Anyone else seeing sandstone on the ground?

Only new harvested reagent I have found so far , is shell. and the rare aquamarine.

Thanks

Armiger
May 10, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:

Finally made my way to the floating island tonight , and picked up the grandmaster crafter quest , and also bought a few of the new transmute recipes .
Did the math , and correct me if I am wrong , but I am going to need 1,000 stone blocks and 1,165 black lotus ?

Please tell me these new pearls can be harvested somewhere , or even dropped. The people I have talked to so far , have yet to see a pearl on live or the test realm. Some of these people made it all the way to level 60 on test realm too.

Sandstone is listed as a harvested reagent , but so far , I only received one from completing a quest. Have not seen it on the ground anywhere. Anyone else seeing sandstone on the ground?

Only new harvested reagent I have found so far , is shell. and the rare aquamarine.

Thanks

well, to be a grandmaster artisan it is going to take some time and skill. The other quests were much harder than this one. After all, you had to make 2 items before each time, this time it is only one.

Defender
May 31, 2010
darthjt wrote:

well, to be a grandmaster artisan it is going to take some time and skill. The other quests were much harder than this one. After all, you had to make 2 items before each time, this time it is only one.

I am aware that I only need to make one. As far as it being less difficult , supposed that would be weighed with the length of time needed to acquire the needed reagents, as none are difficult , just time consuming and no skill needed.
But this still doesn't answer my question , sorry if I did not make that clear. What I would like to know , is if the only way to acquire these , pearls and golden pearls is to transmute them all from black lotus? The same question for the Sunstone and Sandstone, transmute it all from stone blocks?
Has anyone seen these reagents spawn on the ground or drop from a npc?

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Oh man, the spawn locations of Black Lotus on Mooshu are going to get nasty.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Pearls and Golden Pearls can be harvested in the underwater areas, but I'm afraid you need to transmute all of the sandstone and sunstone. Sorry.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
Pearls and Golden Pearls can be harvested in the underwater areas, but I'm afraid you need to transmute all of the sandstone and sunstone. Sorry.

Thank you Willow.

Last night after posting this , I found my first pearl in the Grotto , helping a friend quest. Also found kelp. The kelp was not what I was expecting . So use to seeing reagents on the ground , wasn't expecting it to be floating next to me. Least the pearls will help to cut down on the amount of lotus we will need.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:

Not true. I have been receiving sunstone and sandstone as drops in the floating land.

Defender
May 31, 2010
dyerks wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

Not true. I have been receiving sunstone and sandstone as drops in the floating land.

You getting it as a drop? Hmmm, that is strange , I have received one sandstone , and it is listed as a harvested reagent in my inventory , not a drop. I received the sandstone , either from a reward for completing a quest , or one of the chest , not sure which. The only dropped reagents I have received are fish scales and fins. Maybe someone should send in a bug report if dropped reagents are being listed as harvested in inventory.

I have made it to level 56 so far , just made it to the science center area , have yet to get any sandstone or sunstone from a drop. Must be a very rare drop. Completed every quest in floating land , mostly solo , and not a one.

Hero
May 27, 2009
The only "drop" of sandstone I've seen has been from wooden or silver chests. I've also gotten aquamarine and pearls from those.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
lol... from scratch it would take me about two hours time to do the entire celestia crafting quest... not only have I done the crafting quest already but I have also crafted rings and athames each of which have required just as much as everything. Again, from scratch I can craft any ring or any athame in roughly two hours time, so I assure you it can be done if you know what you are doing.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
Now that that question has been answered>.

I went to the guy in the Floating land and received the quest, BUT was unable to buy the recipe from him or any other information on the quest. i

This makes it ven more frustrationg. I am not the only one that has this problem . Is there a fix for this??

Isaiah Bearwhisperer

Defender
May 31, 2010
CLwwglet.
Even though Stanson says in his dialouge , that he will sell you the recipe and some reagents , He doesn't! Which can be understandably confusing. He will automatically give you the recipe , you should see it in your backpack. Once you start the crafting quest , Head up to Kimba Kalla on the island , He is the one that will sell you all of the needed transmute recipes.

Seasnake , two hours ? from scratch ? Hmm. From scratch to me would mean you did not have any lotus or stone blocks in you inventory. and did not trade the reagents between your avatars. There is that one quest in survey camp I found will give you a golden pearl , and a couple of regular pearls , having multiple wizards who can trade now , would makes things a lot easier.
Also , if you happen to have played the test realm , you would have known in advance what to expect. I highly doubt you crafted from scratch as you say.

There are wizards starting this quest , who only have one wizard, and have never played in the test realm , or started the crafting quest in test. Like myself. It would be an unjust assumption to suggest that these people do not know what they are doing . Maybe some prefer to work on the storyline quest , or help out their friends. So, don't be so quick to judge others, and bragging just makes you a bore.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Did you check in your recipe list to make sure it wasn't already there?

Hero
May 27, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:
CLwwglet.
Even though Stanson says in his dialouge , that he will sell you the recipe and some reagents , He doesn't! Which can be understandably confusing. He will automatically give you the recipe , you should see it in your backpack. Once you start the crafting quest , Head up to Kimba Kalla on the island , He is the one that will sell you all of the needed transmute recipes.

Seasnake , two hours ? from scratch ? Hmm. From scratch to me would mean you did not have any lotus or stone blocks in you inventory. and did not trade the reagents between your avatars. There is that one quest in survey camp I found will give you a golden pearl , and a couple of regular pearls , having multiple wizards who can trade now , would makes things a lot easier.
Also , if you happen to have played the test realm , you would have known in advance what to expect. I highly doubt you crafted from scratch as you say.

There are wizards starting this quest , who only have one wizard, and have never played in the test realm , or started the crafting quest in test. Like myself. It would be an unjust assumption to suggest that these people do not know what they are doing . Maybe some prefer to work on the storyline quest , or help out their friends. So, don't be so quick to judge others, and bragging just makes you a bore.

Well said! I highly doubt that "starting from scratch" you could collect even half of the stone blocks required, even if that's all you did for two hours -- a very UNbelievable statement that really benefits nobody.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
k for those of you that need to know where the recipe is you already have it if you got the quest... (trust me look for yourself) :?

i have resently been finding an alarming amount of black lotus's in floating lands just remember to realm switch to help you with that... :-o (also works with the black pearls i found a bunch the other day)

if you need any scrap metal go into the place where you find big ben and go back and forth from the two side towers also most of the time comes with a spring... (p.s you dont have to do the whole dungeon just literally walk in the door.)

golden pearls and pearls can be found in watery areas same with the kelp but i havent figured out where to find a bunch at a time like the others...

sry but thats all i got for you guys at the moment :-o

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
MsSandy121,

I think you are confusing your sources and transmute cards.

The 15 Black Lotus you refer too transmutes 1 Black Pearl, not the pearls on Celestia.

On Celestia you need 15 regular pearls to transmute a Golden Pearl.

Rest assured, these regular pearls you need are not anywhere near as hard to get as Black Lotus is.

You don't need any Black Lotus for this Floating Land craft job at all.

I got all the pearls I needed in Celestia in 2 days in order to transmute the Golden Pearls and sometimes when you harvest a regular pearl you also get a Golden Pearl.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
In my opinion, the Lunarium in Celestia is the best place for pearls. It is an instance area, therefore no competition in the harvesting of them. Within that area you will find 2 pearls, 2 kelp, 1 shell, and one wooden chest that sometimes yields a reagent. All this can be found without a single fight and only takes a few minutes. By entering, exiting and then reentering, you will find plenty of pearls.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It's a waste of Lotus (Loti?) to use them on transmuting Pearls. You can find a fair amount of Pearls in the Lunarium/Temple of the Moon in Celestia. Take a run around in the three accessible rooms, and you should find a few pearls.

Once you've done one circuit, leave the dungeon and enter again immediately. You should have a new instance open (an easy way to tell is if you get the introduction to the dungeon-quest), complete with new Pearls, Kelp and Shells for you to pick. And seeing as it's a dungeon, that means that you'll only compete with those that might enter at the same time as you (if so, back out of the sigil and wait until you can enter alone).

I got the pearls I needed in about half an hour of that; plus plenty of kelp, shells and wooden chests.

However, yes, you need 1k stone blocks. There's - currently (this will change a bit with the next update) - no other way of getting sun stone and sand stone without transmuting it, or being extremely lucky with the chests in Celestia.

Defender
May 31, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
MsSandy121,

I think you are confusing your sources and transmute cards.

The 15 Black Lotus you refer too transmutes 1 Black Pearl, not the pearls on Celestia.

On Celestia you need 15 regular pearls to transmute a Golden Pearl.

Rest assured, these regular pearls you need are not anywhere near as hard to get as Black Lotus is.

You don't need any Black Lotus for this Floating Land craft job at all.

I got all the pearls I needed in Celestia in 2 days in order to transmute the Golden Pearls and sometimes when you harvest a regular pearl you also get a Golden Pearl.

No, I am not confusing anything. If you look at the transmute recipes, you will find that in order to transmute a pearl , just a pearl ,you also need black lotus. I am also well aware that lotus can be used to make black pearls too.

If you also notice, I made this post way back in October. I have since finished that grandmaster artisan, I had the master before Celestia was released. I have finished all my gear and my deck a while ago. I am pretty good at crafting because I have the extra time and know where to find all the reagents, didnt take me too long to figure out about the pearls. But usually I will not post my exact farming spots for these reagents, as it only ruins the area for others and make the spot useless. In fact I have finished the carousel last week , thank to the help of a very good myth wizard friend. who took the time to make me the treasure cards I needed. ( Love ya Alric!) But I do thank you for your suggestions.
I have also been working on a new website the past couple of months, that is dedicated to crafting only in the game. I sent it to KI once a while back just for them to look it over, I want it to be an approved fansite. They said once I get the rest of the information I can resubmit. I was mostly concerned about the adds running on the site, since it is free. I hope to be able to share the site with everyone in the future. I have all the recipes listed on spread sheets, along with pics. For example the pet snacks page , list all the snacks , cost, level , recipe , vendor , etc, complete with pics of cards, vendors. Clothing vendor have maps to where they are located. I am doing this to everything that can be crafted in the game.
So .. as you can tell , I love crafting, it is all I do. Only have one wizard at legendary. I am looking forward to the new Celestia crafting, and hoping they will add bigger more challenging items to craft. Keeping my fingers crossed for an underwater area, complete with a sunken ship for a house to craft. Like the one area with calypso. If KI tells me I need 5000 stone blocks and 5000 lotus to make it , I might grumble a bit to myself, but , will eventually get it done. :-)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
MsSandy121 wrote:

Thanks
to the part with you've only found shell and aquamarine.Wow, you really need to look harder i've found a pearl in the portico and kelp ( yes kelp) almost everywhere.And you could of not os niced these to tings because kelp is in big strands no the usale 'on the ground' thing (i figured out it was a reagent by looking for the blue things coming out of it.And then the pearl you could of not found this for 2 reasons
!. its REALLY rare
2. its REALLY small

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

darthjt wrote:
MsSandy121 wrote:

Thanks

Timothy Pearlflower here,

I recieved pearls in the Grotto and the Portico in the Moon Temple. I have also been getting some regular and golden pearls in the Bazaar. I have been cheating a little by having my other wizards "donate" the materials I need to make sandstone and sunstone.

I am a Legendary Ice Wizard and have the Warehouse quest besides this crafting quest to do. In the meantime, I have been working on completing badges that haven't been gained. As I gain ten stone blocks I craft items so that I am closer to finishing Pierce's quest.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
1000 stone blocks: Yes
Over 1000 lotus: NO!

Pearls spawn in cl, the best place to get them is in the lunarium because there are 2 in there every time you enter. It took me a few weeks to get the blocks, it took me about 2 hours for the pearls.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
i have found a pearl on the ground.
it was in the grotto.
i have found only one so far but at least they are out there

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
i can barely walk two feet i the grotto without finding kelp

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
There are 6 Pearl Spawn points in the Grotto. On an average night, if I spend 1 hour realm hopping I can probably net about 100+ Pearls.