Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unnerf earthquake

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Seriously kingsisle if you dont want myth to chain stun, why did you give them medusa?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
the change to earthquake was a good move on their part, it should not remove stun shields and stun shields came out long after earthquake did so that change really didn't change the original earthquake at all

I would hawever favor upping the base damage on earthquake by about a hundred as it seems a bit weak for a seven pip card.

Historian
May 15, 2009
seasnake wrote:
the change to earthquake was a good move on their part, it should not remove stun shields and stun shields came out long after earthquake did so that change really didn't change the original earthquake at all

I would hawever favor upping the base damage on earthquake by about a hundred as it seems a bit weak for a seven pip card.

i agree
this change was a very good call on KI's part
but yea i would like to see a slightly higher base damage because its current damage seems a little rediculous

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
seasnake wrote:

i agree
but yea i would like to see a slightly higher base damage because its current damage seems a little rediculous

Ok, I am not even a PvP player, but even I had thought of earthquake removing the stunblocks, so you can still chain stun. What I want to know, is why, if Earthquake, says it removes charms, does it take away prisms? A prism, by the card, is not a charm. Therefore, it should not be removed by earthquake. So, if KI is correcting things, should this issue also be fixed?

Hero
May 02, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
seasnake wrote:

i agree

Ok, I am not even a PvP player, but even I had thought of earthquake removing the stunblocks, so you can still chain stun. What I want to know, is why, if Earthquake, says it removes charms, does it take away prisms? A prism, by the card, is not a charm. Therefore, it should not be removed by earthquake. So, if KI is correcting things, should this issue also be fixed?

First: Earthquake is a 6 pip spell, not 7 (orthrus is myth's 7 pip spell, and medusa is myth's 8 pip spell).
Second: earthquake removes charms AND wards.

Now I have been the victim of both chain stunners and bolters, and while bolters wont be that much of an issue anymore (even though i think that the new bolt is even more scary since you never know what damage it will do), chain stunning will be.

Now i'm not normally one to complain, but I do agree on the fact that if earthquake doesn't remove stun shields, that it will greatly cut down on the chain stunners in the arena (and I do know that changes to pvp almost always effect pve.)

that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Think of it this way, it use to take 6 pips for myth to remove all stun shields, not they have to use 2 rounds of medussa which is 16 pips. Much harder to chain now

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
ownage553 wrote:
Seriously kingsisle if you dont want myth to chain stun, why did you give them medusa?

does medusa chain twice then shields or stun shields and the other stun gets rid of a shield. anyway even with medusa it only affects one player and is 8 pips so its not that bad.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Stunning one enemy for 2 turns with an 8 pip spell is one thing, stunning a whole team over and over with the 2 pip spell choke after an earthquake is another thing.